PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Cup Semis this weekend

razor
13/04/2005, 11:37 AM
FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL

Belgrove v Rockmount
Wayside Celtic v Douglas Hall

A tough draw but best of luck to both Cork clubs.

Crambler
13/04/2005, 12:14 PM
yes,best of luck to both cork sides on sunday,would be great to have an all cork final.dave moore is playing out of his skin with the hall at present.tough match for hall but i think they will win thru after a replay.

Clifford
13/04/2005, 4:23 PM
yes,best of luck to both cork sides on sunday,would be great to have an all cork final.dave moore is playing out of his skin with the hall at present.tough match for hall but i think they will win thru after a replay.

Would love both to get through, two massively tough games though. Hall are flying at the mo and as long as they don't fear Wayside there might be a shock on the cards. I'm really hopeful we can get through also, the boys are flying in training and Saturdays win v ucc was comprensive to say the least.

It will be a belter of a game and as long as the Mount show up as they have been for the last 2 seasons in this cup, I see a 3-1 win coming up. Hopefully.

Crambler
14/04/2005, 11:55 AM
Would love both to get through, two massively tough games though. Hall are flying at the mo and as long as they don't fear Wayside there might be a shock on the cards. I'm really hopeful we can get through also, the boys are flying in training and Saturdays win v ucc was comprensive to say the least.

It will be a belter of a game and as long as the Mount show up as they have been for the last 2 seasons in this cup, I see a 3-1 win coming up. Hopefully.
best of luck to the rockmount on sunday.only saw them once in the last few weeks playing the hall,they look very solid at the back and dangerous in attack.willie byrne seems to be playing excellent in the back 4 since his move from cobh.how is coker playing?. he was very poor with cobh when he played at the end of last season.hopefully he will find the net on sunday.

bell legend
14/04/2005, 12:04 PM
Id say that both of the semis will be really tough games as it seems to be 2 of dublins best teams against 2 of corks best teams.

I just cant see wayside getting beaten at home though and i can see them winning by the odd goal in 3.

The game between rockmount and belgrove will be very tight but Belgrove will definitely be gunning for a win as they will not fancy a trip down to cork for a replay. Belgrove had a good win during the week though and they should come out with all guns blazing against Rockmount on sunday.

The benchwarmer
14/04/2005, 2:37 PM
On the back of a surprising defeat to Glebe North, Belgrove bounced back with a very good win away from home against fellow title challangers Crumlin. I'm told it was a very physical, hard fought game, which is good preparation for the game against Rockmount on Sunday. I believe the manager at Belgrove made three or four personal changes for that game and it'll be interesting to see if he continues with the same team against the Corkonions on Sunday. Apparently Darren Meade is struggling to make the game with an injury which will slightly weaken their attacking options.

Best of luck to all teams involved ( although an all LSL final would be great )and given the intense rivalry usually shown between teams from Cork and Dublin, let's hope that both matches are both sporting occasions played in the correct spirit.

Clifford
14/04/2005, 3:27 PM
best of luck to the rockmount on sunday.only saw them once in the last few weeks playing the hall,they look very solid at the back and dangerous in attack.willie byrne seems to be playing excellent in the back 4 since his move from cobh.how is coker playing?. he was very poor with cobh when he played at the end of last season.hopefully he will find the net on sunday.

Cheers, CRAMBLER, hope all goes ok on Sat night v Sligo. Will never forget the play off roller coaster a few years back. How are my Marko and Al Martin doin?

Willie B is awesome, always liked him, but at this level so far not even had to get to 80% of capacity and been class. He'll be well up for it Sunday. Coker is really trying hard and getting that sharpness of 2 seasons ago back. He scored 2 for the Juniors on Sunday and 1 on Tuesday also. He won't start on Sunday, but what an option to have comin off the bench (along with Pat Oldham probably). Jaysus we are strong. Would love to meet you lads in the next few months for a friendly to see where we are at.

Clifford
14/04/2005, 3:33 PM
Id say that both of the semis will be really tough games as it seems to be 2 of dublins best teams against 2 of corks best teams.

I just cant see wayside getting beaten at home though and i can see them winning by the odd goal in 3.

The game between rockmount and belgrove will be very tight but Belgrove will definitely be gunning for a win as they will not fancy a trip down to cork for a replay. Belgrove had a good win during the week though and they should come out with all guns blazing against Rockmount on sunday.

It will be a classic then, both in good form going into it. The Mount are really solid at the back, strong keeper and the 5 defenders have only conceded about 6 in the last 25 or so matches. Quiet amazing really, without arguably their best player (Captain Oldham). Solid in the middle three and deadly up front. It will be a real duel of the best Ireland has to offer and may the best club win.

If I'm driving, where do I go once past the toll bridge on the M50?

Wayside are strong, but Douglas are capable of doing a Liverpool to them cos of the new signings made at Christmas.

Clifford
14/04/2005, 3:34 PM
On the back of a surprising defeat to Glebe North, Belgrove bounced back with a very good win away from home against fellow title challangers Crumlin. I'm told it was a very physical, hard fought game, which is good preparation for the game against Rockmount on Sunday. I believe the manager at Belgrove made three or four personal changes for that game and it'll be interesting to see if he continues with the same team against the Corkonions on Sunday. Apparently Darren Meade is struggling to make the game with an injury which will slightly weaken their attacking options.

Best of luck to all teams involved ( although an all LSL final would be great )and given the intense rivalry usually shown between teams from Cork and Dublin, let's hope that both matches are both sporting occasions played in the correct spirit.

Is Meade playing well this season?

Crambler
14/04/2005, 4:52 PM
Cheers, CRAMBLER, hope all goes ok on Sat night v Sligo. Will never forget the play off roller coaster a few years back. How are my Marko and Al Martin doin?

Willie B is awesome, always liked him, but at this level so far not even had to get to 80% of capacity and been class. He'll be well up for it Sunday. Coker is really trying hard and getting that sharpness of 2 seasons ago back. He scored 2 for the Juniors on Sunday and 1 on Tuesday also. He won't start on Sunday, but what an option to have comin off the bench (along with Pat Oldham probably). Jaysus we are strong. Would love to meet you lads in the next few months for a friendly to see where we are at.
thanks, clifford,great start to the season for rams,henderson has a great team spirit going and work rate of each player is 100%.another win on sat would be great.i was lucky to see all 4 games as my dad was soccer mad,must say enjoyed them all,also saw cobh win the intermediate cup that year which made up for the fai semi loss.
both marko and alan are doing fine,was unsure about alan but he has settled well and barring injury should have a great season with rams.
would be great to see coker return to the player he was,goods options to have on the bench sunday.
must say would love to travel to dub on sun to see the hall with my mates but i drew the short straw and have to look after the schoolboy's.anyway best of luck sunday and let's look forward to a hall/rockmount final.

The benchwarmer
15/04/2005, 8:10 AM
Darren up until recently was in and out of the team mainly due to work commitments ( actually spending alot of time in your neck of the woods ) and due to the strength of the Belgrove squad had to wait for his opportunity to get an extended run in the team. He has been in fine form in the past month or so but this injury ( and the fine performance by his replacement Paul Knight the other night) may confine him to the bench this weekend.

All in all it should be cracking tie between two teams that proved over ther past few years that there is very little difference in quality between them. Belgrove have a quite a few new players who didn't play against Rockmount last year and it will be test of their mettle to see whether they have indeed improved the team. I wouldn't like to predict a winner as it will more than likely be a single mistake, bit of quality or a refereeing decision that decides it.

Clifford
15/04/2005, 1:07 PM
Darren up until recently was in and out of the team mainly due to work commitments ( actually spending alot of time in your neck of the woods ) and due to the strength of the Belgrove squad had to wait for his opportunity to get an extended run in the team. He has been in fine form in the past month or so but this injury ( and the fine performance by his replacement Paul Knight the other night) may confine him to the bench this weekend.

All in all it should be cracking tie between two teams that proved over ther past few years that there is very little difference in quality between them. Belgrove have a quite a few new players who didn't play against Rockmount last year and it will be test of their mettle to see whether they have indeed improved the team. I wouldn't like to predict a winner as it will more than likely be a single mistake, bit of quality or a refereeing decision that decides it.

After being raped in Waterford last season, please don't let it be a ref decision. Thanks for that, I agree that a rizla paper will seperate the 2 teams and don't let us be surprised if a replay is required.

drummerboy
15/04/2005, 1:27 PM
The danger man for Belgrove is the English lad, Whitmarsh. Great goal scorer, think he played for Cobh Ramblers for a while.

Clifford
15/04/2005, 1:27 PM
thanks, clifford,great start to the season for rams,henderson has a great team spirit going and work rate of each player is 100%.another win on sat would be great.i was lucky to see all 4 games as my dad was soccer mad,must say enjoyed them all,also saw cobh win the intermediate cup that year which made up for the fai semi loss.
both marko and alan are doing fine,was unsure about alan but he has settled well and barring injury should have a great season with rams.
would be great to see coker return to the player he was,goods options to have on the bench sunday.
must say would love to travel to dub on sun to see the hall with my mates but i drew the short straw and have to look after the schoolboy's.anyway best of luck sunday and let's look forward to a hall/rockmount final.

I meant the play offs of Hills era, happened to get to every home game that year and about 5 away. But, I'll never forget the cup run either.....

Thanks for good wishes

razor
15/04/2005, 2:03 PM
After being raped in Waterford last season, please don't let it be a ref decision.Sure wasn't it a refs decision that has ye in the semi's ;) , be grateful and good luck.

Clifford
15/04/2005, 6:10 PM
Sure wasn't it a refs decision that has ye in the semi's ;) , be grateful and good luck.

Boring, boring, get over it......as clear a hand ball as Dida getting hit on the shoulder...enjoy the weekend.

amarach
16/04/2005, 11:54 AM
The danger man for Belgrove is the English lad, Whitmarsh. Great goal scorer, think he played for Cobh Ramblers for a while.

He's a baldy fella isn't he.....Paul Whitmarsh if I'm correct I remember him from the Finals 2 years back......lol.....I was speaking to Darren Meade a few wk's after the final and he said that this fella Whitmarsh feared for his life of our John Paul O'Brien lol :eek:

Can't wait for tomorrow 8.20am train to Dublin, butterflies already, two fine teams at play, best of luck to both...............(Of course more to Rockmount) :p

Clifford
17/04/2005, 10:49 PM
He's a baldy fella isn't he.....Paul Whitmarsh if I'm correct I remember him from the Finals 2 years back......lol.....I was speaking to Darren Meade a few wk's after the final and he said that this fella Whitmarsh feared for his life of our John Paul O'Brien lol :eek:

Can't wait for tomorrow 8.20am train to Dublin, butterflies already, two fine teams at play, best of luck to both...............(Of course more to Rockmount) :p

Good night had by all I hear, this is a whisper in case the head is at ya..

razor
18/04/2005, 8:54 AM
FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL

Belgrove 0-2 Rockmount
Wayside Celtic 2-1 Douglas Hall

Unlucky for Douglas Hall they went down to a last minute goal from Wayside, while Rockmount cruised in 2-0.

amarach
18/04/2005, 2:02 PM
Good night had by all I hear, this is a whisper in case the head is at ya..

I can't even talk today, I'm hoarse from the screaming :o but it was worth every bit, lads were class yesterday, did ya see number 7 for Belgrove spitting at us, fecking langer.....jealousy is an awful thing ......... :D

Clifford
18/04/2005, 3:29 PM
I can't even talk today, I'm hoarse from the screaming :o but it was worth every bit, lads were class yesterday, did ya see number 7 for Belgrove spitting at us, fecking langer.....jealousy is an awful thing ......... :D

I saw him, nasty piece of work. He'll have nightmares about Hoey for a long long time. I was onto him for the dive "3.6" I kept shoutin, "3.6 for the feckin dive you idiot". All the Belgrove numpties around me didn't like it one bit, but couldn't argue.

"Where we sported and played...." Full belt, fantastic.

Tomorrow night now v Leeds, you going? I'll be there hopefully.

valc1
19/04/2005, 12:44 PM
Was at the Hall match in Kiltiernan - heartbreaking to be honest. They had two very good chances in the first half to go ahead and didn't avail - but all credit to the Wayside keeper. Wayside then got a goal just before half time - against the run of play. But the Hall lads came out all guns blazing in the second half and really put it up to Wayside - even though the Hall were playing up hill and against the wind. Have seen the Hall play a few times this year - and that second half display was by far the best I have seen from them this season. They got a great goal and were vey unfortunate not to get another. and then just a simple error let Wayside in for their second.

Judging on what I've seen - I think Rockmount must be favouries to lift the cup.

Hope the Hall lads can lift it again for the FAI senior match V Moyle Park next week.

Clifford
19/04/2005, 2:45 PM
Was at the Hall match in Kiltiernan - heartbreaking to be honest. They had two very good chances in the first half to go ahead and didn't avail - but all credit to the Wayside keeper. Wayside then got a goal just before half time - against the run of play. But the Hall lads came out all guns blazing in the second half and really put it up to Wayside - even though the Hall were playing up hill and against the wind. Have seen the Hall play a few times this year - and that second half display was by far the best I have seen from them this season. They got a great goal and were vey unfortunate not to get another. and then just a simple error let Wayside in for their second.

Judging on what I've seen - I think Rockmount must be favouries to lift the cup.

Hope the Hall lads can lift it again for the FAI senior match V Moyle Park next week.

That sounds very hard luck, papers concur with your view of the match also. It would have been great for Cork and maybe finally we would have got the recognition deserved down here. Billy Cronin, Rockmount manager was furious that only Beech is on the Irish sqaud. How Ken Hoey, Ross O Callaghan, Steph and Buster can't be even recognised by the set up is beyond belief.

Hall are building a nice squad again, all the signs are there for the future. Fair play to em.

So come on the Mount, keep the Rebel flag flying high.

amarach
19/04/2005, 8:51 PM
I'm not at the match tonight but just got a text to say they're winning 2-0 it's probably just over now, so after the long journey home on Sunday and the fab celebrations the lads are still on top form.

Heading to Dublin again this wkend so looking forward to another **** up and watching Dommie and Clarkey play managers lol it'll be a good laugh I'd say they'll be very serious about it especially how Dommie can be such a clown but I think we'll see another side to him in Dublin on Sunday

I was talking to your brother heading back on the train Clifford.

amarach
20/04/2005, 8:34 AM
Ruairí Beechenor broke his wrist at last nights game, he has to go see a surgeon tomorrow :mad:

He'll still be able to play for the finals won't he if they put a soft cushioned material around the plaster :confused:

Clifford
20/04/2005, 12:27 PM
I'm not at the match tonight but just got a text to say they're winning 2-0 it's probably just over now, so after the long journey home on Sunday and the fab celebrations the lads are still on top form.

Heading to Dublin again this wkend so looking forward to another **** up and watching Dommie and Clarkey play managers lol it'll be a good laugh I'd say they'll be very serious about it especially how Dommie can be such a clown but I think we'll see another side to him in Dublin on Sunday

I was talking to your brother heading back on the train Clifford.

I heard all about it, I was sad not to be on the train cos the craic in the Belgrove clubhouse was class (think I pointed out where the bus was hidden around the corner when yee were leaving). Hope he behaved himself.

I'll prob get a call for keeper at this rate if Packie can't be found. Just flew to Manc with Billy and Kieran, they told me all the tips for Sunday if I'm needed to manage, lol.

I was there last night, Beech just went to block a ball and it flicked his wrist harmlessly, such bad luck at such a crucial time. Deasy was looking sharp as nails last night, but he's comin over here for Sunday's match as well, so he'll not be there. The FAI have really acted out of order playin this round so early. It might cost us, but hopefully not. We should still have enough strength in Coker and Ross up front. Pays to have 4 top strikers.

We were slow to start last night, a few cobwebs out there. But, once we got through the thuggery of Leeds it was a stroll. Kenneth amazes me more and more each game if that's possible. All the backs solid as ever, midfield fine without Steph and up front created, but never looked like scoring til Deasy came on. Scored almost immediately and could also claim second as it went in off his ass, but doyler not scored for ages so he's claiming it.

amarach
20/04/2005, 1:10 PM
Oh was that you one of the girls says jesus we were nearly walking with the Belgrove players lol

Ruairí is freaked outta his head, poor chap, he'll still get to play in the final if he gets a cushioned cover put on over it won't he???

I'd say we'll have a good game on Sunday even without a few, it'll be a great laugh I can't speak now so god only know's how I'll be next Monday morning, Branigans was a great craic after the train Sunday night, sure jesus I was practically home well Buster's house as I'm his girls best friend we were outside their house in a cab next I said feck that I'm heading back into Cubins lol it was only 12.30 after all lol

Clifford
20/04/2005, 4:50 PM
Oh was that you one of the girls says jesus we were nearly walking with the Belgrove players lol

Ruairí is freaked outta his head, poor chap, he'll still get to play in the final if he gets a cushioned cover put on over it won't he???

I'd say we'll have a good game on Sunday even without a few, it'll be a great laugh I can't speak now so god only know's how I'll be next Monday morning, Branigans was a great craic after the train Sunday night, sure jesus I was practically home well Buster's house as I'm his girls best friend we were outside their house in a cab next I said feck that I'm heading back into Cubins lol it was only 12.30 after all lol

Yeah, saw yee following and knew that Slatts (jnr) and the lads were gone the other way, our car was at the hotel up the road. We arrived in Dublin at 10.30ish and drove around for hours lookin for things to do. Great fun, smelly place though ;)

I pity Buster having to put up with you lot, lol. Just home and yer wan wants to head off again. Superb.

Beech will be fine for the final please God, they might give him one of those light weight casts. It is four weeks away roughly. Know any faith healers?

amarach
20/04/2005, 4:56 PM
Jesus I'd try become a faith healer myself now if I thought it would do him any good poor fella, they'll have to do something for him, as I said at least it's not his leg, jesus that's all we were short, well better not talk too much about it now don't wanna curse ourselves

So are ya heading up to the Lissadel match on Sunday, Kieran was saying to us that it's a rough place where we're heading.......won't be screaming as much this week lol

And I'm bringing a heavy jacket with me lol, I was like a knacker at the match had one of the lads big heavy coats on me but you know what I didn't give two fecks I was warm and my team were winning YEAHHHHHHHHHH lol :D

Clifford did ya notice theres no DUB'S on here since Rockmount kicked Belgroves arse lol, they were on the past few weeks saying how good this player and that player was :rolleyes:

amarach
20/04/2005, 5:00 PM
I pity Buster having to put up with you lot, lol. Just home and yer wan wants to head off again.

I actually rang the lads and headed back into Cubins to them Buster and his girl went in home as she's pregnant so she wasn't feeling well

Clifford
20/04/2005, 5:16 PM
Jesus I'd try become a faith healer myself now if I thought it would do him any good poor fella, they'll have to do something for him, as I said at least it's not his leg, jesus that's all we were short, well better not talk too much about it now don't wanna curse ourselves

So are ya heading up to the Lissadel match on Sunday, Kieran was saying to us that it's a rough place where we're heading.......won't be screaming as much this week lol

And I'm bringing a heavy jacket with me lol, I was like a knacker at the match had one of the lads big heavy coats on me but you know what I didn't give two fecks I was warm and my team were winning YEAHHHHHHHHHH lol :D

Clifford did ya notice theres no DUB'S on here since Rockmount kicked Belgroves arse lol, they were on the past few weeks saying how good this player and that player was :rolleyes:

Am awaiting patiently for the response to my match view, or anything really. Typical dubs, sur you won't see last of em if Wayside win. International set up breeds contempt for us, at least five of the lads should be in the panel.

I'm heading up all right, have no idea where they play though. I really hope the lads can do it to shove the fai back in their place, sad they wouldn't let us move it.

It was absolutely scorching up their on Sunday, t-shirt weather, no need for heavy coats and it'll be the same this Sunday. :p Says I with me big warm parka for every match. Lost inside in it.

Delighted for Buster - didn't realise he was able to shoot so accurately, never tell from on the pitch eh!!!!!!! All right Johnny!!!!!!

Well I'm off to my 3rd match in three days, City v Brummies, Billy wanted to come, but is driving to the Everton v nited game with Kieran and the lads, John Delea didn't get on plane, no id on him, doh!

amarach
22/04/2005, 8:37 AM
Oh nooooo poor John Delea, what's the story is he there now???

Now I'll have to pass on that congrats to Johnathon from you :eek: I'm sure he'll get on to get himself a wee look anyway, we were trying to figure out who you were the past few weeks :rolleyes: lol

You're right about the DUB's they were all this that and the other coming up to the Quarters of Intermediate Cup that how good Belgrove were and blah blah blah........not a whisper from them now since we kicked ass on Sunday

We'll do it again to WAYSIDE ....... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....... Come on ROCKMOUNT

drummerboy
22/04/2005, 9:17 AM
I wasn't at the match on Sunday but I heard you won well. Belgrove have gone backwards since they signed Keith Bruen from Ballymun. Rockmount have to be favourites now but Wayside are a very resilient side. You should beat Lisadell, where is the match being played. They are a really small team, with some skilful players. As regards the Amateur international team, hasn't a lot of your players played Eircom League football which would automatically disqualify them from the international team.

amarach
22/04/2005, 10:34 AM
Not sure where Lissadel play their matches????

We're missing alot of players which is a balls, but I'd say we'll still be strong enough, Rockmount are getting better and better every year, we'll lift the cup again this year.........No Name Changes ;)

Who are we missing this wk Clifford......Slats, Ruairí, Mickey Deasy, Step (maybe), Pat Olden......???? Anymore you can think of ????

I'm sure they'll all be in fighting spirit for the final in the Cross, I'd go as far to say we'll have Ruairí back for that match too, I've heard he is in alot of pain still but has the Sports Specialist on Tuesday which will tell alot.

drummerboy
22/04/2005, 11:03 AM
Lisadell are from the 4th Division of the LSL, so I it would be a major surprise if you didn't beat them. They usually play in St Michael School, which is located in the once notorious St Michael's Estate near Inchicore. The pitch is like a cabbage patch and the facilities are even worse. Not sure if they will be allowed play an FAI cup tie there though.

Clifford
22/04/2005, 11:37 AM
Lisadell are from the 4th Division of the LSL, so I it would be a major surprise if you didn't beat them. They usually play in St Michael School, which is located in the once notorious St Michael's Estate near Inchicore. The pitch is like a cabbage patch and the facilities are even worse. Not sure if they will be allowed play an FAI cup tie there though.

I was speaking to a lad and he says it's across the road from Richmond Park or close to it. Says bring the helmets. It will be an experience anyhow. Don't know if they will be made move it, Richmond Park has good memories for us.

Thanks for info. Belgrove were a bit huff and puff, they took of Whitmarsh for Meade, when I thought we'd have had more trouble if the other Paul went off. But, we were very strong at the back.

With regard to the international set up you are right about the lads who've played LOI, but those who haven't are the mainstay of the team. The backbone if you like. Deffo more than one should be involved.

Clifford
22/04/2005, 11:40 AM
Not sure where Lissadel play their matches????

We're missing alot of players which is a balls, but I'd say we'll still be strong enough, Rockmount are getting better and better every year, we'll lift the cup again this year.........No Name Changes ;)

Who are we missing this wk Clifford......Slats, Ruairí, Mickey Deasy, Step (maybe), Pat Olden......???? Anymore you can think of ????

I'm sure they'll all be in fighting spirit for the final in the Cross, I'd go as far to say we'll have Ruairí back for that match too, I've heard he is in alot of pain still but has the Sports Specialist on Tuesday which will tell alot.

Bloody hell that's more than I had thought, we'll have to dig in so on Sunday.

John D was goin to fly out yesterday instead, hope all went ok for them. Great bunch of lads. They won't be happy with score though, Billy would love to have been with me for City stroll I bet. Oh well.

Inchicore apparently where the Lisadell play, nice easy drive for me. Right side of Dublin.

drummerboy
22/04/2005, 11:46 AM
With regard to the international set up you are right about the lads who've played LOI, but those who haven't are the mainstay of the team. The backbone if you like. Deffo more than one should be involved.

I know for a fact that the Assistant Manager of International team was at Whitehall last Sunday, and I think Gerry Smyth, the manager was there also, so things could change on that score.

St Michaels will be an exerience all right. You have to get stripped in a hall and climb through a hatch in the wall, bolloc naked to have a shower. We played them in the cup this year and they had forgotten to turn the showers on. They are not a bad lot though and the 2 front players are excellent, they will be snapped up by bigger clubs before next season begins.

Clifford
22/04/2005, 3:31 PM
I know for a fact that the Assistant Manager of International team was at Whitehall last Sunday, and I think Gerry Smyth, the manager was there also, so things could change on that score.

St Michaels will be an exerience all right. You have to get stripped in a hall and climb through a hatch in the wall, bolloc naked to have a shower. We played them in the cup this year and they had forgotten to turn the showers on. They are not a bad lot though and the 2 front players are excellent, they will be snapped up by bigger clubs before next season begins.

Oh holy God, sounds fantastic. I love goin back to the good old days. We'll be short a good few now at this stage so hopefully we'll not get caught out.

Thanks for that, hopefully the internaitonal set up would recognise the lads. Are your club involved in this weekend? Best of luck if so.

drummerboy
22/04/2005, 3:44 PM
Oh holy God, sounds fantastic. I love goin back to the good old days. We'll be short a good few now at this stage so hopefully we'll not get caught out.

Thanks for that, hopefully the internaitonal set up would recognise the lads. Are your club involved in this weekend? Best of luck if so.

Unfortunately not. We got to the third round of the FAI last season, and got spanked 5-0 by UCD, who had beaten Cork City in the previous round. We had our eye on a trip down to Turners Cross and a slice of that big gate. Great experience. Best of luck.

amarach
22/04/2005, 4:44 PM
I think Sunday will be interesting all round so Clifford lol, we were gonna "NOT DRINK" on Sunday take it easy after last wk lol but sure that's gone out the door now lol, so back to Nancy Hands after the match to change into night clothes lol fecking mad but sure it's all a laugh.

I love Derry City FC myself, alway's had an interest in them, sounds silly I got a roasting Sunday from the lads saying it's crazy but as I said to them Rockmount are my Cork Team and Derry my Eircom league team........Yep shoot me NOW :eek: lol

It's a rough old spot so is Lissadel ???? What about stands ???? Jesus what happens if it rains......ladies hair and all that like??? What about our wee booze at half time??? Where do we go before the match??? Any bar's or resturants about???

Clifford
22/04/2005, 11:35 PM
I think Sunday will be interesting all round so Clifford lol, we were gonna "NOT DRINK" on Sunday take it easy after last wk lol but sure that's gone out the door now lol, so back to Nancy Hands after the match to change into night clothes lol fecking mad but sure it's all a laugh.

I love Derry City FC myself, alway's had an interest in them, sounds silly I got a roasting Sunday from the lads saying it's crazy but as I said to them Rockmount are my Cork Team and Derry my Eircom league team........Yep shoot me NOW :eek: lol

It's a rough old spot so is Lissadel ???? What about stands ???? Jesus what happens if it rains......ladies hair and all that like??? What about our wee booze at half time??? Where do we go before the match??? Any bar's or resturants about???

There is the Black lion pub on the corner where we will eat and drink before hand, don't know if lisadell will bring people to any place after. It don't sound like too many stands are around, but we'll see. Clarky to be in goal probably. Should be fun......come on Derek.

bell legend
25/04/2005, 2:12 PM
Was shocked to see Rockmount beaten yesterday but doubt they are too bothered as the FAI cup has lost most of its appeal to inter teams since the eircom league season changed.

I know that most of the top dublin teams were not too interested in winning yesterday as they all have far bigger league games coming in the next few weeks.

Fair play to rockmount against Belgrove last week. They got a good early goal and defended very well after that. They probably deserved the win as they took their chances and did not give belgrove any clear cut chances.

Belgrove worked hard and played some decent football but were unable to get that all important equaliser before rockmount got their second goal late on. In fairness, the 2 rockmount forwards were the best 2 players on the pitch last weekend.

Best of luck to rockmount in the final although i think it will be a terrible game as neither team plays much football.

Clifford
25/04/2005, 2:29 PM
Was shocked to see Rockmount beaten yesterday but doubt they are too bothered as the FAI cup has lost most of its appeal to inter teams since the eircom league season changed.

I know that most of the top dublin teams were not too interested in winning yesterday as they all have far bigger league games coming in the next few weeks.

Fair play to rockmount against Belgrove last week. They got a good early goal and defended very well after that. They probably deserved the win as they took their chances and did not give belgrove any clear cut chances.

Belgrove worked hard and played some decent football but were unable to get that all important equaliser before rockmount got their second goal late on. In fairness, the 2 rockmount forwards were the best 2 players on the pitch last weekend.

Best of luck to rockmount in the final although i think it will be a terrible game as neither team plays much football.

Think that just about sums it up, excellent sutff.