Ronan
Nigel R.B
Reilly/Williamson
Fortune
Russell ???????
Goldby ???????
O'Dowd
Barry

I dont know how badly injured O'Dowd is but if he doesnt make it maybe start Billy upfront.John Russell has had 2 bad games in central midfield and did better when moved to the wing but do we have any alternative.

This is the most crucial game yet and we need to stop conceeding stupid goals so we need to put out our strongest and most expreience Team available.Nicky and Mixy got slaughtered down the right wing on Sunday so maybe moving Nigel who has had a lot of unwarranted Harsh Criticism here might solidify the back four and Quirky was very unlucky to be subbed on Sunday. :ball:

Patrick Dunne
13/04/2005, 12:59 PM
and I would be happy enough with that starting XI. Nicky tends to get caught out badly in away games against decent opposition, Nigel would tighten things up there.

I would prefer Billy and Conor Frawley as centre-halves if Conor is available.

Subs

Kelly
Herrick
Goldbey
Frawley (R)
Williamson

Casey and O'Brien are presumably injured / unavailable.

Galwayexile
13/04/2005, 2:24 PM
is herrick past it now to get on the team then?

Conor H
13/04/2005, 7:52 PM
Good god ya! :eek:

Terry
14/04/2005, 2:58 PM
btw does anybody nows up with Lindsay, havent seen him yet :mad: could be the next Dupuy, nahhhhhhhhh :mad:

we will never see him playing on our first team for what I heard and read about him !!!!

galwaygirl
14/04/2005, 3:01 PM
we will never see him playing on our first team for what I heard and read about him !!!!
You cant just write something like that and not give any more details.
C'mon Terry, spill the beans

Terry
14/04/2005, 3:27 PM
Don't know which local paper (i think it was the tribune, gufct might remember?) said it but they clearly stated his name along with the fact he is very poor in the friendlies hes been involved in, and a club member (non-playing)also told me hes useless.

gufct
14/04/2005, 4:35 PM
and how anyone could say he was useless after that is beyond me but as hes not local he will face a battle to impress some people.

The team he was with Histon are not a bad standard and he did play with them not like some other imports in the past.

Terry
15/04/2005, 7:05 AM
and how anyone could say he was useless after that is beyond me but as hes not local he will face a battle to impress some people.

The team he was with Histon are not a bad standard and he did play with them not like some other imports in the past.

Michael's family are galway people (where exactly I don't know). The midwife for the daughters birth was his cousin and she was telling me that "it is the proudest part of his soccer career joining his home club"

Terry
15/04/2005, 7:17 AM
Teamnews:: Galway United v Dundalk

Ryan Casey and Derek O'Brien will both be absent from the Dundalk game due to injury. Conor Frawley is still out but could return for the game against Kildare County. David O'Dowd missed out last week due to a tooth infection and Billy Clery did not start due to a thigh strain, both are expected to be fit.

ko 7.30pm, 15th Apr, Terryland Park
Referee: Mr. N. Doyle
Assistants: Messrs J. McLoughlin & B. Kelly

www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Terry
15/04/2005, 7:20 AM
Cleary, Wyse, Fortune, Blackmore, Carroll, Todd, Irwin, Devlin, Brennan, Van Boxtel, Duff, Malone, Connell, Lawlor. I estimate that 14 players have played for or managed both the Tribesmen and the Lilywhites. In this article.......

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/uniteddundalk.html