PDA

View Full Version : Players applauding

Éanna
12/04/2005, 7:35 PM
Just meant to add my thanks to the vast majority of the players and Rico for coming over to thank the fans at the end of the game last night. We travelled a long way to see a crap game, and I'm sure the players were just as disappointed as we were not to have won a game that was there for the taking, but it was nice of them to show their appreciation.

unfortunately, a big thumbs down to George O'Callaghan who stormed off down the tunnel without even looking at us. I'm one of Georgie's biggest fans, but his entire performance last night was pathetic. He spent the game whinging, moaning, bitching and hoofing. I lost count of the number of times I saw him whinging to team mates, not to mention whinging to officials (most of that justifiably in fairness). He was lucky not to get sent off for his behaviour, his performance was poor and then he storms off like a petulant brat at the end. Get your act together Georgie :mad:

A face
12/04/2005, 8:23 PM
I lost count of the number of times I saw him whinging to team mates, not to mention whinging to officials

So what was ratio to getting lumps kicked out of him.

Colm
12/04/2005, 10:43 PM
That's absolute crap about Georgie and you know it is too.
Is the fact that you don't like that he won't accept mediocore crap like what was served up last night? Do you think we should all be happy with that? I though you had more ambition than that.

We all know the motivation behind you making this post. Your having a very subtle dig at Pat Dolan and and are happy to criticise Georgie because of his close relationship with Dolan.

Maybe the reason Georgie stormed down the tunnel is because he loves Cork City so much and because he's such a professional that he was angry and frustrated that we didn't win a game which we should have won comfortably.

harry crumb
12/04/2005, 10:47 PM
I get your point Colm but its always nice to see the players acknowledge the effort the fans have made to follow them up the country.

Id say George was ****ed off with that performance. They were clearly the better side and let portadown turn it in to a physical game. Also he was probable ****ed off with all the late challenges that he was on the end of last night.

Colm
12/04/2005, 10:56 PM
I get your point Colm but its always nice to see the players acknowledge the effort the fans have made to follow them up the country.

I agree with that too to certain extent but anyone who would critiscise Georgie for storming off last night lacks ambition and is willing to accept sub standard performances.

I travelled all the way to Portadown but I couldn't give a sh!t if the players applauded me or not. I wanted Cork City to win the game, we didn't and all the applause in the world wasn't going to give us the three points.

thecorner
12/04/2005, 11:57 PM
amazing how eanna starts this thread not long after colm starts a thread on the official sit about georgie

grow up eanna will ya :rolleyes:

patsh
13/04/2005, 6:57 AM
Is the fact that you don't like that he won't accept mediocore crap like what was served up last night? Do you think we should all be happy with that? I though you had more ambition than that.

We all know the motivation behind you making this post. Your having a very subtle dig at Pat Dolan and and are happy to criticise Georgie because of his close relationship with Dolan.

Maybe the reason Georgie stormed down the tunnel is because he loves Cork City so much and because he's such a professional that he was angry and frustrated that we didn't win a game which we should have won comfortably.
Come on Colm....:rolleyes:
How could this possibly be interpreted as having a dig at Dolan?
The fact is that George did storm of the pitch whatever the reason may be.
If he was p*ssed off with the performance, the first person he must look at is himself, he was not exactly on top of his game, was he? He did not act like a professional player the other night, he should have just got on with the game and a player of his skill and ability should not have left a thug like Collins get the better of him so easily, he should have been able to make a complete mick out of him.
This Dolan crap is NEVER going to end, is it?....:(

patsh
13/04/2005, 7:02 AM
amazing how eanna starts this thread not long after colm starts a thread on the official sit about georgie

grow up eanna will ya :rolleyes:
Advice should be heeded, not just dispensed.....

* Paranoia is also a possible side effect of drug use and abuse (for example, alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine, PCP). *
3. reads negative meanings into innocuous remarks

razor
13/04/2005, 7:54 AM
Is the fact that you don't like that he won't accept mediocore crap like what was served up last night? Do you think we should all be happy with that? I though you had more ambition than that..Apart from the fact that I thought he did ok the other night, I hate the way some people are so far up George that they cannot see his obvious faults. He is a moany, whiny, petulant child and doesn't need you to make excuses for him.

We all know the motivation behind you making this post. Your having a very subtle dig at Pat Dolan and and are happy to criticise Georgie because of his close relationship with Dolan. .This is just ridiculous. Neurotica in the extreme. :D

Maybe the reason Georgie stormed down the tunnel is because he loves Cork City so much and because he's such a professional that he was angry and frustrated that we didn't win a game which we should have won comfortably.The thing that Georgie loves the most more than anything is Georgie and only Georgie, such a pro my @rse. Last Friday he was off down the tunnel without shaking a hand. Consumate pro is right.

SÓC
13/04/2005, 10:34 AM

Still should have acknowledged the fans, he's a hot head and well all know it but still people like you travelled the length of the country to support him and he just storms off.

thecorner
13/04/2005, 11:18 AM
Apart from the fact that I thought he did ok the other night, I hate the way some people are so far up George that they cannot see his obvious faults. He is a moany, whiny, petulant child and doesn't need you to make excuses for him.
is right.

well then again, from reading your posts u never really had time for georgie

Éanna
13/04/2005, 12:44 PM
Do you think we should all be happy with that? I though you had more ambition than that.
Colm, read my post properly.

We travelled a long way to see a crap game, and I'm sure the players were just as disappointed as we were not to have won a game that was there for the taking
Does that look like I was happy with it? You know me, and you know just how much ambition I have for Cork City.

Does everything have to revolve around Dolan? Last time I checked he wasn't manager anymore. George can have a close relationship with whoever the blazes he wants, thats his own business. For the record, I know pretty much nothing of his private life, or how close he is to Dolan. There was no "dig" at Dolan in that post- I'm sick of discussing Pat Dolan.

In short- I wanted City to win that game and I'm annoyed that we didn't. I'm also annoyed at George's behaviour throughout the game, but particularly at the end. How come you didn't accuse me of all this when I gave out about Billy Woods, or Dan Murray? Since when is Georgie (or anyone else) infallible? I started at least one song about George DURING the Portadown game, because I was there to support him and the team- FACT.

Colm, get real man. You know me for a few years. You know just how big a fan of Georgie's I am. You know just how much I supported Pat Dolan as manager, and you know just how much I support Cork City. I'm not involved enough right now to have ANY sort of agenda, I'm too bloody busy with college.

niamh
13/04/2005, 5:42 PM
How's does a thread about players applauding fans at the end of the game become about Dolan?
It was one of the things that started under Dolan that I would like to see continue tbh. It is nice to know they appreciate fans' support, simply as that. If a player doesn't want to acknowledge that, it is his decision.

Éanna
13/04/2005, 6:45 PM
How's does a thread about players applauding fans at the end of the game become about Dolan?
because some people can't let go. He did a great job for two years. He's gone now. THANK HIM AND THEN GET OVER IT PEOPLE.
:rolleyes:

City Hero
13/04/2005, 6:51 PM
A couple of thing come to mind after reading this thread;

1. Who was it that insisted the players thank the fans after every game, regardless of result, performance or importance? I'm sure he would be disapponted to see Georgie has forgotton how to clap his hands already, unless he told him to do it, and it wouldn't be the first time he told players to do something would it.

2. As the corner would say, the fans payed his wages, not exactly a good idea to run to the dressing room without thanking them for handing over their money. When are Georgie and a few other players going to start earning their pay?

drinkfeckarse
14/04/2005, 9:42 AM
Georgie may well love City but it lacks a bit of class and respect not to applaud the fans at the end of a game, espeically after travelling a great deal to see them.

Seems to me to be a poor excuse to defend him with the line "he was just dissapointed". All the players and Rico would've been too but at least they had the dignity to go over to the supporters.

There's no excuse for it and you won't find any pro's within the game that would defend that IMO.

RedX
15/04/2005, 6:44 PM
I think Georgie is a fine player and is certainly a favourite of my young daughter and if the guy ever left she and many supporters(including myself) would be upset..there is something about the guy that you have to love..he is a Corkman and plays with heart on his sleeve...skillfull and a typical cult hero...theres no doubt he puts heads in the gate and has improved City in name on and off the field over the last few years...

I do see him leaving in the next few months and would not be surprised to open up the Echo any evening to read about it..over the last twelve months he has created much trouble in the club..he clearly had a big fall-out at one stage with Dolan but eventually they made up..he caused trouble then..when Dolan went its obvious some players would not be happy but who did Georgie think he was abusing Brian Lennox in a terrible way..Lennox is a man we are lucky to have at our club..first Cork chairman with ambition and love for the club we have had in a long time if ever..this is the main reason Georgie wont last long..you cannot get away with that carry on but like Dolan, Georgie showed Lennow no respect..City rescued his career when all he was doing is rotting in Port Vale reserves..the reason you can guarentee is because Brian Horton would not take that rubbish either..he aint the best player in the world but his head is getting seriously big..shame on him for now clapping those lads that travelled to Portadown Monday..i have always been a big Georgie fan but the guy is starting to get a real pain the ar*e...

patsh
15/04/2005, 9:00 PM
Ahh, I would'nt be that hard on him.
He probbly should have made an effort to thank us, but it's not a big deal, as long as he plays his heart out for the club ON the field, then that is all I really want from him.

RedX
15/04/2005, 11:16 PM
Ahh, I would'nt be that hard on him.
He probbly should have made an effort to thank us, but it's not a big deal, as long as he plays his heart out for the club ON the field, then that is all I really want from him.

Patsh..i dont think Lennox would get rid of the guy for not clapping the travelling support in fairness..with all due respect to Georgie who is a terrific player i think he has caused a lot of trouble and continues to cause problems at the club..i would not want him to go but i think his attitude is not great..i still think he wont last the season with us...

Éanna
16/04/2005, 3:10 PM
well fair play, they all applauded last night and looked delighted at the win. George was magic last night- maybe Rico had a word and told him to shut up and let his feet do the talking: best player on the park IMO

RedX
16/04/2005, 4:54 PM
well fair play, they all applauded last night and looked delighted at the win. George was magic last night- maybe Rico had a word and told him to shut up and let his feet do the talking: best player on the park IMO

As usual Georgie was fantastic..nice to see he applauded travelling fans and Rico must have had a word..hes been around a long time and this is 2nd nature to him..great result... :)

Éanna
17/04/2005, 7:55 PM
As usual Georgie was fantastic..nice to see he applauded travelling fans and Rico must have had a word..hes been around a long time and this is 2nd nature to him..great result... :)
Yeah, I think Rico is going to be the making of Georgie- he has the know-how and experience to get the best out of him IMO.