PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox thump Yankees at Fenway

carrickharp
12/04/2005, 1:09 PM
In their first match of the season in Fenway Red Sox beat the Yankees 8-1 see report here (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN 0aA--?gid=250411102&prov=ap)

Metrostars
12/04/2005, 4:17 PM
A single game is not all that important in a 162 game season.

carrickharp
13/04/2005, 3:10 PM
A single game is not all that important in a 162 game season.
I know thats why I don't subscribe to NASN until July, after I go to my yearly White Sox game.

Aberdonian Stu
14/04/2005, 8:44 AM
Am surprised they didn't spend the whole of CNBC US Squawkbox telling us that the Sox won. I remember towards the end of last season that there were loads of wonderfully partisan comments being made. Almost all the regular presenters are Red Sox fans and it was great to watch.

Metrostars
15/04/2005, 2:52 PM
Am surprised they didn't spend the whole of CNBC US Squawkbox telling us that the Sox won. I remember towards the end of last season that there were loads of wonderfully partisan comments being made. Almost all the regular presenters are Red Sox fans and it was great to watch.

Thats because Bostonians have nothing to complain about now. They used to love to complain about all their bad luck, the curse of the bambino yada yada yada. Now theyre on top of the world and probably feel uncomfortable up there.

Soko
16/04/2005, 2:23 PM
Baltimore thumped the Yanks last night so maybe that much vaunted pitching is not as good as they thought? RJ is the real deal but I have my doubts about Jaret Wright and even Mike Mussina. Plus the Sox own Rivera these days so it could be back to back pennants for them.

Metrostars
16/04/2005, 4:09 PM
It's a long way to go, the Yankees will end up winning 100 games, the Red Sox 90. The Red Sox pitching is not going to last too well for the whole season. That being said, they will still get into the playoffs as the wild card and after that who knows.

CollegeTillIDie
16/04/2005, 5:47 PM
Red Sox... what goes around comes around... revenge for the Bambino episode!