PDA

View Full Version : FAI website

tommy_c12000
20/01/2019, 8:08 PM
The current FAI website (https://www.fai.ie/ireland) main page contains 7/12 headline stories regarding women's football, only 1/12 story regarding our Senior Men's team. 4/4 of the upcoming internationals fixtures are on women's football, with a WU17 fixture in March taking precedence over the Senior Men's March fixtures. And the only reference to any upcoming Senior Men's fixtures is a countdown to our enticing Bulgaria friendly, currently 232 days and 22 hours away. In fact, it is a bit tedious actually finding information on the Senior's Men team.

This is not meant to be a controversial post. It is great to see the diverse coverage of success of all our national teams. I am merely surprised at the unbalanced coverage of our senior Men's team. Granted there has not been any action recently, but at least have the upcoming Senior Men's fixtures on the main page, a couple of feel good stories on the new "regime" and positive updates of our senior players every now and again.

Charlie Darwin
25/01/2019, 2:27 AM
I assume the women's fixtures are happening before the men's.

nigel-harps1954
25/01/2019, 7:00 AM
What a strange complaint..

NeverFeltBetter
25/01/2019, 7:45 AM
Yeah, I mean, people have practically forgotten we have a men's team.

In all seriousness, I would say the huge constant imbalance of coverage the men's teams get across media as a whole more than balances out a temporary preference for news of the women's teams on the association's website.