PDA

View Full Version : Longford Game

KK77
12/04/2005, 8:50 AM
Travelling down on saturday for the game anyone know the best road to take out of Dublin????

Roo69
12/04/2005, 9:38 AM
Heading down myself.

This (http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/default.asp) should let hopefully, should take between 2 and 2 1/2 hours.

Macy
12/04/2005, 10:04 AM
N/M 11 as far as Leopardstown turn off. Up to the M50 around to the N/M 4. Follow the signs, piece of píss. 2.5 hours max.

KK77
12/04/2005, 10:15 AM
Cheers for that

Roo69
12/04/2005, 10:20 AM
Sound, which turn off is that ? as in is it the Sligo or Galway turn off ?

KR's Post
12/04/2005, 10:24 AM
Heading down myself.

This (http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/default.asp) should let hopefully, should take between 2 and 2 1/2 hours.
Oh thats good to see. We may be short on saturday. Some of the regulars are not going. Gotta help us sing Roo69. Although there won't be alot....... we can still @ least try. ;) Really good to see you and rafa b going.

Macy
12/04/2005, 10:26 AM
Sound, which turn off is that ? as in is it the Sligo or Galway turn off ?
Both :) The Galway and Sligo roads split at Kinnegad (Right at the Roundabout just outside Kinnegad for Longford/Sligo) - same road out of Dublin.

That time of the day, the only possible spanner in the works could be the M50 toll bridge but can never judge that really (and possibly Leopardstown if there's a meeting - in that case go Enniskerry, Kilternan way to M50)

Superhoops
12/04/2005, 8:21 PM
Both :) the only possible spanner in the works could be the M50 toll bridge but can never judge that really (and possibly Leopardstown if there's a meeting - in that case go Enniskerry, Kilternan way to M50)No racing this weekend, there was last weekend and there is next weekend.

Locker
14/04/2005, 3:24 PM
why dont yous come down on the supporters bus lads,we need all the support we can get.The bus departs 4rm castle street at 2 o'clock.I heard the 3bros are not comin down Tarzan ,so i will probaly be gettn the flags of them.

Roo69
14/04/2005, 3:28 PM
why dont yous come down on the supporters bus lads,we need all the support we can get.The bus departs 4rm castle street at 2 o'clock.I heard the 3bros are not comin down Tarzan ,so i will probaly be gettn the flags of them.

What difference does it make how we get there as long as were at the match. It's not as like if we don't go down on the supporters bus that we wont be supporting the team ! :D

KK77
14/04/2005, 3:49 PM
What difference does it make how we get there as long as were at the match. It's not as like if we don't go down on the supporters bus that we wont be supporting the team ! :D

Exactly once we are there what odds does it make....

Grasshopper 99
14/04/2005, 7:18 PM
Should be a good game, both teams playing extremely well. Bray will have a good crowd going down and longford will have their usual good crowd. Hopefully Bray will win, if not draw and remain unbeaten. :)

KR's Post
17/04/2005, 8:17 AM
Beaten 2-1... Longford fully deserved their win as attack after attack came at the Bray defence. A defeat had to come sometime lads. Pick ourselves back up for nxt week against Waaaaterford. Great to see a good travelling support from Bray aswell. About 100 i'd say :confused: . Pty about Zayeds late miss as it would have got us a point that didn't look likely!!!!!!

Roo69
18/04/2005, 8:33 AM
Beaten 2-1... Longford fully deserved their win as attack after attack came at the Bray defence. A defeat had to come sometime lads. Pick ourselves back up for nxt week against Waaaaterford. Great to see a good travelling support from Bray aswell. About 100 i'd say :confused: . Pty about Zayeds late miss as it would have got us a point that didn't look likely!!!!!!

No complaints what so ever about the result. The best team won, it should have been more but some poor finishing and a few smart saves from Chris.
We started off brightly enough and both teams traded attack for attack for the opening 30/35 minutes, which we were in the lead at this stage through a super set piece. Longford had more of the ball but we were still in front at half time and had it in our own hands.

2nd half Longford were excellent ! some really good football from them, and as Tarzan said they are by far the best team we have played this season, was really impressed by Fitzgerald and Kirby, both had superb games. We also made things a lot easier for them as well by making to many tactitcal changes. We sat back and tried to defend what we had instead of trying to play in the same way as we did in th 1st half.

Eamo shoud have finished off his only chance of the game, it would have been an undeserved point but i'm not sure any Bray fans would have been complaining !

We had to loose at some stage, time to start again, i can see us beating Waterford this Friday.

What about Alan Kelly's Hair :D What was he thinking ? "did your mammy dye your hair ?" Good travelling support as well, fair play to everyone who made the short trip down, great to see, easily 100 from Bray made the trip.

KR's Post
18/04/2005, 9:32 AM
What about Alan Kelly's Hair :D What was he thinking ? "did your mammy dye your hair ?" Good travelling support as well, fair play to everyone who made the short trip down, great to see, easily 100 from Bray made the trip.
:D :D Chant of the weekend!!!!! Ye was good to see a good travelling crowd. Longford fans were very poor as i've said on their forum ;) They thought we were good though, fair play martinhoII.... As you said ROO, i fancy us to beat waaaaterford aswell. 2-1