PDA

View Full Version : Portydoon v Cark Latest

dcfcsteve
11/04/2005, 7:14 PM
0:0 HT at Shamrock Park.

Not a great half to be fair. Very scrappy football (Ports in particular). Small crowd and very little atmosphere too. Difficult to watch on the telly.

Only one chance of the half - fell to Cork (can't remember who by).

O'Callaghan having an ongoing wrestling match with Collins of Portadown. Is on a yellow, and if he doesn't cool it a bit he may well end-up on a red.

The game desperately needs a goal...

GalwayFrancis
11/04/2005, 7:17 PM
0:0 HT at Shamrock Park.

Not a great half to be fair. Very scrappy football (Ports in particular). Small crowd and very little atmosphere too. Difficult to watch on the telly.

Only one chance of the half - fell to Cork (can't remember who by).

O'Callaghan having an ongoing wrestling match with Collins of Portadown. Is on a yellow, and if he doesn't cool it a bit he may well end-up on a red.

The game desperately needs a goal...

any idea steve what the att is like,,i dont got setanta sports

OneRedArmy
11/04/2005, 7:28 PM
Steve, you're being kind, its utter tripe.

Apparently the conditions are tough, but even the Setanta spin machine are struggling to hype it.

My favourite comment after 35mins was "we're still waiting for it to settle down".
Read: the ball hasn't touched the ground in 20 minutes.

Fair play to Dolan, he's resisting the urge to put the boot in about Cork's performance, so far anyway.

kevincronin2000
11/04/2005, 7:54 PM
0-1 (kevin Doyle 64min)

Slash/ED
11/04/2005, 8:14 PM
Possibley the most mind numbingly poor game I've had to sit through. Cork, when they played with it, played well and we're far better, between half time and when they scored, they were destroying Portadown. But Portadown are a very physical very dirty side and Cork can't cope with that, O'Callaghan bottled it and didn't want to know. Cork played poor but quality wise are a far far better side, but they can't match their physical game, they missed Gamble badly in that regard.

I've no doubt that Cork will beat them at home though, and now it's back in Shels hands.

thecorner
11/04/2005, 9:19 PM
and now it's back in Shels hands.

dont know how u maintain its back in shels hands

we beat ports in cork and we are on 7

you can only get 7 at the moment including a trip to shamrock park

i know who id rather be and its not shels or ports

-lamb-
11/04/2005, 9:22 PM
apparently that was portadown's 8th game in the last 23 days.
thats bound to be taking its toll on them.

Slash/ED
11/04/2005, 9:40 PM
dont know how u maintain its back in shels hands

we beat ports in cork and we are on 7

you can only get 7 at the moment including a trip to shamrock park

i know who id rather be and its not shels or ports

It's in our hands because if we win our next two games we top the group, hence, it's in our hands :)

Didn't say we were favourites.

dcfcsteve
11/04/2005, 11:13 PM
any idea steve what the att is like,,i dont got setanta sports

Very hard to say GF. As usual, the cameras seemed to be in the busiest stand themselves, and the rest of the ground looked sparsely populated. Small collection of Cork fans behind one net - I'd guess 50 max made the journey. Cameras gave us the occassional shot of the main body of Ports fans in the main stand, but impossible to guess their number from telly.

Judging by the noise (or lack of) in the ground I'd guess it's the lowest attendance to date for Setanta. 1-1,500 max I'd say.

carrickharp
12/04/2005, 7:02 AM
Fook but that was a very poor match :eek:

gspain
12/04/2005, 7:18 AM
Poor first half good second half. I thought Cork would have won if they didn't sit back after the goal but a fair result overall but the fans wearing red back in Dublin will be the happiest. Cork are still in a strong position but they may regret letting Shels back in the competition.

Just to say off the field a marvellous night for football on this island. Both sets of fans were impeccably behaved. Cork's small but vocal band sang all night. The Ports fans were a lot quieter than they were in Tolka but clapped Cork on and off, not even a comment out of place not to mind a song. Security was low key.

Well done to both clubs.

gspain
12/04/2005, 7:20 AM
Very hard to say GF. As usual, the cameras seemed to be in the busiest stand themselves, and the rest of the ground looked sparsely populated. Small collection of Cork fans behind one net - I'd guess 50 max made the journey. Cameras gave us the occassional shot of the main body of Ports fans in the main stand, but impossible to guess their number from telly.

Judging by the noise (or lack of) in the ground I'd guess it's the lowest attendance to date for Setanta. 1-1,500 max I'd say.

I sat in the main stand so hard to judge. I reckoned 1,000 my mate thought a bit more. about 50 Cork fans and maybe 150-200 on the covered terrace at the camera side.

thecorner
12/04/2005, 9:13 AM
It's in our hands because if we win our next two games we top the group, hence, it's in our hands :)

you win next 2 game=7 points.

did u forget that if we then beat portadown at the cross,we= 7 points

hence..its in our hands ;)

Slash/ED
12/04/2005, 12:11 PM
you win next 2 game=7 points.

did u forget that if we then beat portadown at the cross,we= 7 points

hence..its in our hands ;)

It's in all three teams hands, we're all in it. Which is more than I expected coming home from the Cross, so I'm delighted.

Schumi
12/04/2005, 1:35 PM
The game was awful, worst of the season by far. The amount of aimless passing and hoofing was incredible. When they passed the ball properly on the ground, it looked decent enough but that was a very rare sight. The pitch seemed to be very bumpy so maybe that was part of the problem?

As usual, the cameras seemed to be in the busiest stand themselvesDon't think so Steve, the camera stand seemed to be an empty terrace from what they showed. There seemed to be a massive amount of poles and scaffolding there too.

thecorner
12/04/2005, 1:37 PM
It's in all three teams hands, we're all in it. Which is more than I expected coming home from the Cross, so I'm delighted.

no...its in our hands...you lot can win all your games and still not get through :D :D :D :D :D

exile
12/04/2005, 1:41 PM
I sat in the main stand so hard to judge. I reckoned 1,000 my mate thought a bit more. about 50 Cork fans and maybe 150-200 on the covered terrace at the camera side.

official attendence for city fans was 61, monday a bad nite for travelling from cork for that distance, half the city fans were exiles from dublin ,and have to say for the number of city fans that were there we outsung the ports fans all night

Troy.McClure
12/04/2005, 1:43 PM
The cameras were pointing to the main (filled) stand. About 80-100 City fans. 1000sih in total. Worst ref ever!!! And snore of a game. Ports fans gave us a nice round of applause when the game finished, so thank you to them. Oh ya, 'Jesus says Come on Poradown' by the way :D

gspain
12/04/2005, 2:33 PM
official attendence for city fans was 61, monday a bad nite for travelling from cork for that distance, half the city fans were exiles from dublin ,and have to say for the number of city fans that were there we outsung the ports fans all night

"about 50" ok 61 I stand corrected. :)

Agree re outsinging them all night. Top class support from those who travelled. I know it's a long way and a Monday night but I would have expected more to travel.

exile
12/04/2005, 2:39 PM
"about 50" ok 61 I stand corrected. :)

Agree re outsinging them all night. Top class support from those who travelled. I know it's a long way and a Monday night but I would have expected more to travel.

it would have required alot of travelling for anyone coming from cork it would be about 6 hours up non stop and then that back down again thats pretty tough on a weekday

patsh
12/04/2005, 3:11 PM
it would have required alot of travelling for anyone coming from cork it would be about 6 hours up non stop and then that back down again thats pretty tough on a weekday
Plus a lot of us will have to travel to Little Britain again on Friday....

exile
12/04/2005, 4:58 PM
Plus a lot of us will have to travel to Little Britain again on Friday....

jez you still alive after of that travelling :eek:

James
12/04/2005, 5:03 PM
jez you still alive after of that travelling :eek:

just about
at home for 3am, back in work for 8am ( slept in 30mins :))

wreked now like

Ruairi
12/04/2005, 5:07 PM

especially when you have to be in work first thing the next day... musta had about ten cups of coffee to get me through today

Éanna
12/04/2005, 5:17 PM
especially when you have to be in work first thing the next day... musta had about ten cups of coffee to get me through today
go on ya wuss ya :p You slept for half the trip and i was the one doing the driving. I was up nice and early at lunchtime today :D