PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Pre-season friendlies.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

osarusan
08/01/2019, 3:51 PM
Limerick away to Cork this Saturday. Sweet jesus, do we even have 11 players to field?

WeAreRovers
08/01/2019, 4:27 PM
List of pre-season fixtures

12/01/2019 - Cork City v Limerick, O'Shea Park, Blarney, 2pm
12/01/2019 - Wexford v St. Patrick's Athletic, Carlow IT, 2pm
15/01/2019 - Waterford v Hibernians (Waterford), Ozier Park, 7pm
15/01/2019 - Finn Harps v Galway United, MacSharry Park, 7.45pm
16/01/2019 - Cork City v St. Mary's, Kilcully Park, 7.30pm
19/01/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers, Roadstone, 3pm
19/01/2019 - Waterford v Wexford, Regional Sports Centre, 3pm
19/01/2019 - Finn Harps v Limerick, FAI National Training Centre, 5pm
22/01/2019 - Bohemians v Shelbourne, FAI National Training Centre, 7.30pm
24/01/2019 - Cork City v Killarney Celtic, Celtic Park, Killarney, 7pm
25/01/2019 - Cork City v Kerry District League, Mounthawk Park, 7pm
25/01/2019 - U.C.D. v Shelbourne, The UCD Bowl, 7.30pm
26/01/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Longford Town, Roadstone, 11.30am
26/01/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Cobh Ramblers, Tallaght Stadium, 3pm
26/01/2019 - Sligo Rovers v Galway United, Celtic Park, Castlebar, TBC
27/01/2019 - Waterford v Limerick, Regional Sports Centre, TBC
29/01/2019 - Beggsboro v Shelbourne, Kilkieran Road, 7.30pm
01/02/2019 - Shelbourne v St. Patrick's Athletic, FAI National Training Centre, 7.30pm
02/02/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Cabinteely, Roadstone, 11.30am
02/02/2019 - Waterford v Bray Wanderers, Regional Sports Centre, 3pm
08/02/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Brentford "B", Tallaght Stadium, 7.30pm
08/02/2019 - Shelbourne v Waterford, Tolka Park, 7.30pm

D24Saint
08/01/2019, 4:42 PM
V Wexford in Carlow the wacky world of the Loi is back and I love it.

Real ale Madrid
08/01/2019, 4:56 PM
08/02/2019 - Shamrock Rovers v Brentford "B", Tallaght Stadium, 7.30pm

The Bee's B team - known as the Bee's B or the B Bee's?

Mr A
08/01/2019, 5:07 PM
This was the 11000th thread started on here.

Let's all pause for a moment to reflect in silence.

Nesta99
08/01/2019, 5:31 PM
This was the 11000th thread started on here.

Let's all pause for a moment to reflect in silence.

Care to guess how many were corrupted by Rovers v Bohs and in latter years Cork v Dundalk andthe odd smattering of a few others before and after...

nigel-harps1954
08/01/2019, 6:30 PM

Handful of Wexford players be part of the football course in Carlow IT and they train there from time to time.

Usually play a couple of preseason friendlies there. Fantastic facilities in Carlow IT

marinobohs
09/01/2019, 9:32 AM
Care to guess how many were corrupted by Rovers v Bohs and in latter years Cork v Dundalk andthe odd smattering of a few others before and after...

your ma ;)

Nesta99
09/01/2019, 1:25 PM
your ma ;)

That would be particularly impressive considering!! Shovels at the ready...

patrickccfc
09/01/2019, 5:05 PM
We beat UCC 6-2 in a friendly today. Darragh Rainsford among the scorers. Charlie Lyons, a defender from Preston and expected to join us, got some game time. Can't see much more about the game.

Martinho II
09/01/2019, 6:42 PM
Handful of Wexford players be part of the football course in Carlow IT and they train there from time to time.

Usually play a couple of preseason friendlies there. Fantastic facilities in Carlow IT

i remember in 2016 we played youths in lsc in carlow it. alas I couldnt make it but heard great things about their facilities.

joey B
09/01/2019, 10:22 PM

Harps play Limerick in Dublin and Galway in Sligo!! Wacky indeed!!

oldyouth
10/01/2019, 6:20 AM
The pitch in Carlow is a good quality floodlit astro. Unfortunately, there is no seating and not even a railing around the pitch to lean on. You can get nice an close to the action though

NeverFeltBetter
10/01/2019, 8:13 AM
Limerick playing three friendlies, all away, two against top tier opposition likely to stuff us and the other against the team that has relegated us twice in the last few years. I suppose it will be good prep for the First Division experience.

Jd2793
11/01/2019, 5:01 PM
Any Limerick fans have any idea how many they'll have for tomorrow? would expect quite a few underage trialists? only 12 players signed.

Shearer
11/01/2019, 11:46 PM
Any Limerick fans have any idea how many they'll have for tomorrow? would expect quite a few underage trialists? only 12 players signed.
We've 15 signed and three triallists.

**FrOsTy**
12/01/2019, 11:45 AM
Out of interest. What 15 do Limerick have signed up?

D24Saint
12/01/2019, 2:57 PM
Decent run out in Carlow with a 3-0 win, goals from Shaw, Drennan and a cracker from Trialist.

Martinho II
12/01/2019, 3:49 PM
our squad for 2019 season is:

Goalkeepers
Lee Stacey
Uli Keller

Defenders
Shane Elworthy
Mick McDonnell
Tristan Noack Hofmann
Joe Manley
Kevin Knight
Anto Breslin
Adam Evans

Midfielders
Dean Zambra
Paul OConnor
Jamie Hollywood
Peter Hopkins
Aaron Dobbs
Carlton Ubaezuonu
Aodh Dervin

Strikers
Jamie Doyle
Dean Byrne
Karl Chambers
Karl Fitzsimons
Paddy OSullivan

Martinho II
12/01/2019, 3:53 PM
Apologises if its in the wrong thread but heres our Ins:

Aaron Dobbs Wexford
Adam Evans Shels
Lee Stacey Shels
Anto Breslin Wolves
Carlton Ubaezuonu Dundalk
Kevin Knight Cabinteely
Joe Manley St Pats
Karl Fitzsimons Dundalk
Paul OConnor Bray Wanderers

OConnor is the standout signing for us. He has gone backwards since he left Sligo for Limerick. He has being in the top flight continously since 2010 so its a serious gamble but him and our no 2 Daire Doyle played together at Drogs so hopefully move will work out for him.

**FrOsTy**
12/01/2019, 4:05 PM
The pitch in Carlow is a good quality floodlit astro. Unfortunately, there is no seating and not even a railing around the pitch to lean on. You can get nice an close to the action though

Would you have a team sheet from Wexford’s game against Pats today by any chance?

RathfarnhamHoop
12/01/2019, 4:24 PM
Would you have a team sheet from Wexford’s game against Pats today by any chance?

Pats have first and second half teams on their twitter I think

Shearer
12/01/2019, 4:40 PM
Out of interest. What 15 do Limerick have signed up?
Jack Brady, Tommy Holland, Shaun Kelly, Killian Brouder, Sean Russell, Robbie Williams, Colm Walsh-O’Loghlen, Adam Foley, Ger Barry, William Fitzgerald, Karl O’Sullivan, Aaron Fitzgerald, Connor Ellis, Jason Hughes, Sean McSweeney.

**FrOsTy**
12/01/2019, 4:59 PM
Pats have first and second half teams on their twitter I think

Yep I seen that.. looking for the Wexford squad if anyone comes across it.

ForzaForth
12/01/2019, 5:34 PM
Encouraging performance by Wexford in Carlow today and it was only after a raft of subs came on that Pats made their superiority tell. Wexford had 18 players at the game and those that I recognised included Corey Chambers, Colm Feeney, Danny Doyle, Sean Kelly, Daire O'Connor, Ryan Nolan, Owen McCormack, Sean Roche, Ethan O'Neill, Caelan Travers-Devlin, Ivan Meegan and about seven trialists. First half was relatively and surprisingly even with Pats having two chances, one hit the post and the other the side netting and Wexford having the ball in the net twice but both were ruled out for offside. Changes started from half-time and it allowed Pats to gain a grip on the game. First goal came on the hour mark when Gary Shaw headed home after good work down the right from Simon Madden. The other two goals came in the final ten minutes with a nice curling effort by Pats and a header with a couple of minutes to go. Wexford looked best at centre half where Owen and Daire did well, with Sean Kelly excellent in front of them and Sean Roche lively up front. 3-0 to Pats at full-time.

El-Pietro
12/01/2019, 6:24 PM
Five nil win for City against Limerick today. Not too much to learn from that game except that Limerick are awful. Think we played with 10 men for about half an hour as the subs had all been made (and left for showers) and Ronan Coughlan took a knock. Young Ronan Hurley impressed again, he could stake a claim for a first team spot this year at left back.

oldyouth
12/01/2019, 7:13 PM
Decent run out in Carlow with a 3-0 win, goals from Shaw, Drennan and a cracker from Trialist.

2nd goal was a beauty alright. 1st half was better than the 2nd. Wholesale changes does that to a friendly

D24Saint
12/01/2019, 8:59 PM
Encouraging performance by Wexford in Carlow today and it was only after a raft of subs came on that Pats made their superiority tell. Wexford had 18 players at the game and those that I recognised included Corey Chambers, Colm Feeney, Danny Doyle, Sean Kelly, Daire O'Connor, Ryan Nolan, Owen McCormack, Sean Roche, Ethan O'Neill, Caelan Travers-Devlin, Ivan Meegan and about seven trialists. First half was relatively and surprisingly even with Pats having two chances, one hit the post and the other the side netting and Wexford having the ball in the net twice but both were ruled out for offside. Changes started from half-time and it allowed Pats to gain a grip on the game. First goal came on the hour mark when Gary Shaw headed home after good work down the right from Simon Madden. The other two goals came in the final ten minutes with a nice curling effort by Pats and a header with a couple of minutes to go. Wexford looked best at centre half where Owen and Daire did well, with Sean Kelly excellent in front of them and Sean Roche lively up front. 3-0 to Pats at full-time.

I was a bit surprised at Wexford tbh I thought they looked decent in the first half particularly.

oldyouth
12/01/2019, 9:08 PM
I was a bit surprised at Wexford tbh I thought they looked decent in the first half particularly.

In all honesty, Wexford fans didn't know what to expect, due to lack of information on players coming from the club (as usual). However, if the senior players talked about today, yet to link up with the squad, come through, I'll be happy enough

placid casual
13/01/2019, 8:00 AM
Harry Kenny is getting to know the Rovers experience "off-site" as you will, before he takes over next year.
Pats are a club that are not in my sphere one way or the other, but I'm interested to see how Madden Miele and Shaw link up. Madden & Shaw were always good lads for Rovers.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
13/01/2019, 11:14 AM

Aaron Dobbs Wexford
Adam Evans Shels
Lee Stacey Shels
Anto Breslin Wolves
Kevin Knight Cabinteely
Joe Manley St Pats
Karl Fitzsimons Dundalk

OConnor is the standout signing for us. He has gone backwards since he left Sligo for Limerick. He has being in the top flight continously since 2010 so its a serious gamble but him and our no 2 Daire Doyle played together at Drogs so hopefully move will work out for him.

A normal mistake to make but it’s O’Conor

Jack B
13/01/2019, 12:44 PM
Seems hard to find any word on who these trialists are for Pats. The lad that scored (quality finish too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxUdYw4rNs) apparently plays for Liffey Wanderers in the LSL but that's about the extent of the information. Be interesting to see if they'll be used to finish off the squad as there's only a couple more additions needed at most with not many known LOI players available to fill them.

Aaron Dobbs Wexford
Adam Evans Shels
Lee Stacey Shels
Anto Breslin Wolves
Kevin Knight Cabinteely
Joe Manley St Pats
Karl Fitzsimons Dundalk

I feel like yous have made some signings that would have had you in a great position had you managed to hold onto even a couple of the lads that have left, but as it stands it seems a bit underwhelming from the outside looking in, which is disappointing as I've always liked Longford (cup final aside, anyway). The playoffs should still be achievable though given the struggles of certain teams you'd otherwise be expecting to challenge.

D24Saint
13/01/2019, 12:44 PM
Harry Kenny is getting to know the Rovers experience "off-site" as you will, before he takes over next year.
Pats are a club that are not in my sphere one way or the other, but I'm interested to see how Madden Miele and Shaw link up. Madden & Shaw were always good lads for Rovers.

??????

total hoofball
13/01/2019, 7:52 PM
Seems hard to find any word on who these trialists are for Pats. The lad that scored (quality finish too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxUdYw4rNs) apparently plays for Liffey Wanderers in the LSL but that's about the extent of the information. Be interesting to see if they'll be used to finish off the squad as there's only a couple more additions needed at most with not many known LOI players available to fill them.

Darragh Noone who was with Bray last season was in photo on your Twitter account of your starting XI from that game

Martinho II
13/01/2019, 8:31 PM

I feel like yous have made some signings that would have had you in a great position had you managed to hold onto even a couple of the lads that have left, but as it stands it seems a bit underwhelming from the outside looking in, which is disappointing as I've always liked Longford (cup final aside, anyway). The playoffs should still be achievable though given the struggles of certain teams you'd otherwise be expecting to challenge.

exactly Jack B. thats why the loss of verdon, oreilly,mcglade and kelly are massive for us. I think it will take time for us to gel but I think we will give a full battle near the end.

Couch Potato
14/01/2019, 3:19 PM
Darragh Noone who was with Bray last season was in photo on your Twitter account of your starting XI from that game

Don't think he was one of the trialists and the guy in the picture is a guy from England apparently

Seagull
14/01/2019, 7:36 PM
Also
Friday 25th Jan Bray Wanderers v St Patrick’s Athletic, KO 7.30pm Abbotstown

Friday 8th Feb Bray Wanderers v Bohemians FC, KO 7.45pm Carlisle Grounds.

dundalkfc10
15/01/2019, 2:53 PM
Dundalk V Drogheda 25th Jan 7.45PM in Oriel Jim Malone Cup
2 Games in Spain the following week at a training camp
Dundalk V Longford 5th Feb 7.45Pm in Oriel
Cork V Dundalk 9th Feb 5.30pm in Cork

Thats our pre-season schedule complete. Play Athlone in Leinster Senior the Monday after the first league game

**FrOsTy**
15/01/2019, 9:43 PM
Waterford opened pre season matches with an 8-0 win over local Premier opposition Hibernian FC tonight.

Good blow out with 22 players used including 8 trialists some of whom were very impressive.

Goals from Zak Elbouzedi (2), Shane Duggan (2), JJ Lunney, Izzy Akinade, Cory Galvin and Trialist

nigel-harps1954
15/01/2019, 9:46 PM
Harps beat Galway 2-0 in Sligo tonight.

Galway were very, very poor. Harps without the likes of Cretaro, Todd, Gallagher, Timlin, Harkin, McAleer, Verdon, Place and still were comfortable.

Lot of trialists in both teams, couple of very decent players on the Harps side.

Nesta99
16/01/2019, 5:17 AM

Not one of your better trolling efforts PC!

marinobohs
16/01/2019, 11:59 AM
Not one of your better trolling efforts PC!

Ah come on now Nesta, if you were stuck with the Bradster as manager you would be hoping for incoming as well. Any incoming. :cool:

oriel
16/01/2019, 6:55 PM
Dundalk V Drogheda 25th Jan 7.45PM in Oriel Jim Malone Cup
2 Games in Spain the following week at a training camp
Dundalk V Longford 5th Feb 7.45Pm in Oriel
Cork V Dundalk 9th Feb 5.30pm in Cork

Thats our pre-season schedule complete. Play Athlone in Leinster Senior the Monday after the first league game

One of these now confirmed, Dundalk v LASK Linz (Austria) in Spain on 29th Jan, 12.30 GMT. This will be a tough game, they are currently second in the Austrian top div.

monkey9
16/01/2019, 9:45 PM
St Pat's V Drogheda at Richmond, Feb 8th.

patrickccfc
16/01/2019, 10:00 PM
St Marys 0-2 Cork City. Rainsford and Hurley with the goals.

Nesta99
16/01/2019, 11:17 PM
Ah come on now Nesta, if you were stuck with the Bradster as manager you would be hoping for incoming as well. Any incoming. :cool:

Maybe but I wouldnt be so quick to rule Pats out of any sphere and not making a bigger impact this season. Could be dark horses certainly for Europe. It's shaping up to be a very interesting season with upheaval at the top two of last season and Bradley bound to be expected to have Rovers challanging fully in yr 3(?). Waterford its hard to know if they will kick on from last season so far. UCD will underestimated at any sides peril. Bohs a bit like Waterford its hard to know whether they can build on momentum the end of last season with players out. Nobody will enjoy going to Harps. Sligo will be stronger especially if they can lose the home fixture hoodoo under Buckley. It will be no march to the league title this season for whomever is top next November breaking various records. Cork fans' observation that Caulfield is likely as effective with a reduced motivated squad with as he was with a larger squad with players he lacked conviction with playing them.

Sorry this is not really the right thread for the above so If Linz play anything like their full strength side it will be a damn good a test for a friendly

nigel-harps1954
18/01/2019, 3:40 PM
Two more friendlies for Harps. One rather strange addition against a team in the same division too.

Inishowen League Oscar Traynor vs Finn Harps - Tue 22nd Jan - Maginn Park
Derry City vs Finn Harps - Fri 25th Jan - Brandywell

Added to Drogheda 2nd Feb and Limerick tomorrow, we've another year of away fixtures for pre-season.

I'm pretty sure we haven't played a pre-season game in Finn Park since 2013.

Martinho II
18/01/2019, 9:56 PM
Cliftonville announced a friendly against us in solitude next month. a few of us are going to travel up to it.

Its a ground I am not familar with. whats the direction to it if you are coming from aughnacloy side on motorway?

http://ltfc.ie/longford-town-away-to-cliftonville-in-a-pre-season-friendly-on-sat-16th-february/

It will be the first time I have being in Belfast since the Setanta Cup for a town match since the 05 season. Going by the website it seems to be in the city centre in Cliftonville St.

I have being in the oval and windsor park and drove past crusaders ground on the larne road.

EatYerGreens
18/01/2019, 10:58 PM
Cliftonville announced a friendly against us in solitude next month. a few of us are going to travel up to it.

Its a ground I am not familar with. whats the direction to it if you are coming from aughnacloy side on motorway?

http://ltfc.ie/longford-town-away-to-cliftonville-in-a-pre-season-friendly-on-sat-16th-february/

It will be the first time I have being in Belfast since the Setanta Cup for a town match since the 05 season. Going by the website it seems to be in the city centre in Cliftonville St.

I have being in the oval and windsor park and drove past crusaders ground on the larne road.

I wouldn't describe Cliftonville as city centre. They're firmly in North Belfast - though less than 2 miles form the city centre. Belfast is a lot smaller than you might think, and things are closer together than they seem.

To get there go M1, then Westlink, then up the Antrim Rd. Pretty easy to find.

P.S. Crusaders ground is on the side of the main motorway for everywhere to the north and north-west of Belfast, not just Larne ;)

Nesta99
19/01/2019, 9:27 AM
I wouldn't describe Cliftonville as city centre. They're firmly in North Belfast - though less than 2 miles form the city centre. Belfast is a lot smaller than you might think, and things are closer together than they seem.

To get there go M1, then Westlink, then up the Antrim Rd. Pretty easy to find.

P.S. Crusaders ground is on the side of the main motorway for everywhere to the north and north-west of Belfast, not just Larne ;)

Where in relation to Seaview is their planned new ground?