PDA

View Full Version : FAO Sligo Rovers Fans

Lim till i die
03/01/2019, 5:15 PM
Breifne Earley.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? Talk to me.

Just to avoid any confusion for anyone else reading he's an admin not a player or coach.

Thanx in advance.

pineapple stu
03/01/2019, 5:58 PM
The former poster on here?

Was involved in Dublin City back in the day?

Lim till i die
03/01/2019, 6:37 PM
I actually don't know!

He's just some leitrim lad who's the new gm at Limerick (poor *******) and a quick googlebox seemed to link him to Sligo Rovers.

Breifne the Dublin City poster definitely rings a bell though.

Him, Sheridan and some other lad were the three dublin city fans on here? (In the world) Heady days.

I've wasted my life. :( :D

Ezeikial
03/01/2019, 6:40 PM
Limerick FC owner Pat O’Sullivan rubbishes rumours about club’s takeover

LIMERICK FC owner Pat O'Sullivan has strongly dismissed rumours circulating that the club has been taken over by a new group of investors.

“That is a load of rubbish....the only news here is that we have appointed a new General Manager to run the club,” Mr O’Sullivan told the Limerick Leader.

The new General Manager is Breifne Earlie from the West of Ireland.

More at
https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/356020/limerick-fc-owner-pat-osullivan-rubbishes-rumoursabout-clubs-takeover.html#.XC5AtUA_NmM.twitter

pineapple stu
03/01/2019, 6:59 PM
I actually don't know!

He's just some leitrim lad who's the new gm at Limerick (poor *******) and a quick googlebox seemed to link him to Sligo Rovers.

Breifne the Dublin City poster definitely rings a bell though.

Him, Sheridan and some other lad were the three dublin city fans on here? (In the world) Heady days.
Same fella so. Ringo was the third fan I think.

Nice guy. Haven't met him in years; he designed the backend to the UCD webpage back when I was webmaster 10+ years ago. Would no more haves seen him as GM of a club than, well, I'd see you as GM of a club.

Can't really give you more than that! Best of luck to him though. What's the worst that can happen? :p

NeverFeltBetter
03/01/2019, 10:19 PM
Budget slashed further, Jackman Park inquiries made, at least according to Mike Aherne on Twitter. Going to be battling out for bottom spots with Cabinteely and Wexford in front of 200 people I suppose. But still, Bruff! Opening soon! For reals this time!

atfconline
04/01/2019, 12:29 AM
hey hey hey, bottom spot is ours!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
04/01/2019, 6:40 AM
Was involved when our womens team started to be set up and in some fund raising events alright. Think he was on our committee this year but there’s maybe 16 on it.

As said above a nice guy. From Leitrim and was the Leitrim GAA PRO when he was 19 if memory serves me right.

Also as said above not sure of his credentials for a GM role all the same but sure you’re not going to get a queue of people looking to be a GM at a LOI club.

NeverFeltBetter
04/01/2019, 7:33 AM
If he's as nice a guy as people say he should run a mile from the people currently involved in Limerick.

Martinho II
04/01/2019, 5:02 PM
Budget slashed further, Jackman Park inquiries made, at least according to Mike Aherne on Twitter. Going to be battling out for bottom spots with Cabinteely and Wexford in front of 200 people I suppose. But still, Bruff! Opening soon! For reals this time!

would be gutted if this happens as I have never being in Limericks current ground.

Shearer
04/01/2019, 8:46 PM
Lads, is there any chance ye'd stay on topic and answer the question at hand for once?

bluewhitearmy
04/01/2019, 9:20 PM
Lads, is there any chance ye'd stay on topic and answer the question at hand for once?

No. Hope this helps.

CraftyToePoke
05/01/2019, 3:22 AM
would be gutted if this happens as I have never being in Limericks current ground.

Don't worry, there will still be rugby there, you can visit and see that. Like they put on there several times in the rain just before we kicked off last season, in order to improve relations.
It's a municipal stadium, don't you know.

Martinho II
05/01/2019, 3:31 PM
Don't worry, there will still be rugby there, you can visit and see that. Like they put on there several times in the rain just before we kicked off last season, in order to improve relations.
It's a municipal stadium, don't you know.

oh I see but I only will visit this ground to see the footie so will pass on it for now if things change!

pineapple stu
05/01/2019, 3:39 PM
The question was answered.

NeverFeltBetter
06/01/2019, 2:32 PM
We don't get many Limerick threads anymore, we have to multitask.

Olander
07/01/2019, 3:45 PM
Even in League of Ireland terms, that didn't last long.

Things don't look too good in Limerick.

https://twitter.com/BreifneEarley/status/1082314765446402050

Lim till i die
07/01/2019, 4:10 PM
:D :D :D

I'd worry about any consortium that was dealing with Pat to be honest. Doesn't exactly scream savvy businessmen.

NeverFeltBetter
07/01/2019, 5:19 PM
Clownshow.

Olander
07/01/2019, 5:32 PM
:D :D :D

I'd worry about any consortium that was dealing with Pat to be honest. Doesn't exactly scream savvy businessmen.

How else can anyone takeover the club? They have to deal with Pat? He's the owner I thought.

bluewhitearmy
07/01/2019, 9:05 PM
How else can anyone takeover the club? They have to deal with Pat? He's the owner I thought.

Just do the usual and start again.

CraftyToePoke
08/01/2019, 2:46 AM

Go straight to the licence men, he doesn't own much without one of those. Certainly not a home ground, competitive squad, sponsors, support base onside. Things like that.

Ezeikial
08/01/2019, 8:34 AM
Mike Aherne on twitter

As I understand it this evening's news of the newly appointed / freshly resigned GM is being welcomed by a local consortium who will again endeavour to engage with the current owner with a view to investing in the club. My advice to Pat would be to bite their hand off

https://twitter.com/AherneMike95/status/1082372681297731587

Mr A
08/01/2019, 8:41 AM
Is O Sullivan looking to be paid to walk away?

NeverFeltBetter
08/01/2019, 8:47 AM
There's a lot of rumours going around, one of which is that POS wants to retain control of the club while new investors pay off debts, which if true is not something I think any investors would entertain. He certainly seems to want a far amount of money for his trouble, which fits with a man whose every public utterance seems to be about how much he has put into the club (or, to put it another way, how much money he has misspent).

The whole thing with this Briefne guy also seems strange. Mike Aherne was insinuating the American group he was talking about wasn't serious, others disagree. It's all so messy, and a month away from the start of the season, with a squad of 13 signed I believe.

Longfordian
08/01/2019, 9:31 AM
Go straight to the licence men, he doesn't own much without one of those. Certainly not a home ground, competitive squad, sponsors, support base onside. Things like that.

Licence man suggests it’s all down to the whim of one man who will make the decisions based on less than transparent reasons. That’s patently ridicu..actually hang on..

NeverFeltBetter
08/01/2019, 10:08 AM
I've seen plenty of commenters suggest Limerick won't get a license as things stand, but I'm sure numerous clubs wouldn't get one if the regs were actually enforced. There's always room for exceptions from on high.

osarusan
08/01/2019, 3:57 PM
Is O Sullivan looking to be paid to walk away?

He has spent (and truly wasted) millions.

One one level, it's understandable that he wants to sell the club and get something back for himself, rather than just sign it over to somebody else, but the reality is that it's worth sweet f**k all and has plenty of debt too.

If he can't sell it, then he wants to stick around in some capacity, and that's not going to happen. Certainly not in any meaningful capacity anyway, and tbh, he is not somebody that would stay quietly in the background in any capacity.

KBurke
08/01/2019, 4:22 PM
According to today's Star, Sean Connor is leading a Swiss Consortium who are interested in taking over at Limerick. God help ye if that comes to pass

Mr A
08/01/2019, 4:43 PM
According to today's Star, Sean Connor is leading a Swiss Consortium who are interested in taking over at Limerick. God help ye if that comes to pass

Another of those moments that make this the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld .. I think you're joking but not 100% sure.

pineapple stu
08/01/2019, 5:19 PM
Wasn't the Bray chairman (or former Bray chairman now) working with Limerick on investors for a while there recently?

marinobohs
09/01/2019, 9:35 AM
According to today's Star, Sean Connor is leading a Swiss Consortium who are interested in taking over at Limerick. God help ye if that comes to pass Oh God, please make this true :D the league needs a strong Sean C... I mean, Limerick team.

Mr A
09/01/2019, 9:52 AM
Sweet Jebus.

redarmyfaction
09/01/2019, 9:54 PM
Reminds me of Sporting Fingal, they had 2 posters, was one called The Lep?

pineapple stu
09/01/2019, 10:00 PM
Lamper.sffc?

redarmyfaction
09/01/2019, 10:09 PM
That's him, he must be old enough to drink now.