PDA

View Full Version : Irish Boxer Andy Lee

A face
10/04/2005, 11:35 PM
Did anyone see Andy Lee's fight in the 4 Nations V Cuba over the weekend .... fair play to the fella, he put up a great show against the Cuban who had years upon years ahead of him in terms of experience. The guy is getting really good. The Cuban never got more that three points ahead of him and he only beat him by two in the end i think.

He is fighting in Ireland this week .... i dont know where or when but it is this week.

One thing i didn't like was the fat that he said when he boxed in the olympics, there were a group of 80 very vocal irish fans and he wasn't used to it and he lost it a bit over that. I think that is a crime to be fair. Anytime there is a domestic competition, say and All Ireland of what ever, there should be a full house of 8000 people getting behind him.

If people spent less time in the pub, then that might be the case.

Fair play to him anyway, he is getting very technical and could be a great for Ireland very soon. If only the public and RTE got behind him.

Aberdonian Stu
11/04/2005, 10:27 AM
In fairness prior to travelling to the Olympics he would have been competing mostly against other Irish lads.

His style is very suited to the amateur game, can't see him having the strength for the pros but is technically proficient.

Did anyone see the film on Cuban boxing before it, always a joy to watch those lads in action. Was great seeing the highlights from Stevenson's first gold.

That English Super-Heavyweight was fun to watch, very direct clubbing approach not for the more artistic fight fans.