PDA

View Full Version : Connaught Cup's Most Outstanding Player

franco
10/04/2005, 5:31 PM
apparently from a lot of very reliable and good football sources, i have heard that john gaffney is in the form of his life, what with the help of the strict regieme of the glenview management team who have done an excellent job with him, having curfews and introducing a complete ban an alcohol until the season is over.
i've heard also that don o'riordan is keeping a close tab on him and once he gets back into the managing side of business again that gaffney will jump at the opportunity to play for him again.
colm jinks has been in sparkling form and has rejuvanated himself into one of the most feared players in ireland, who is also been watched by o'riordan, and is very keen to link up again.
so who has been the best player in the connaught cup this season?

Thunderblaster
10/04/2005, 10:03 PM
What club is Don O'Riordan linked with?

Closed Account
10/04/2005, 10:13 PM
On Midwest today they were talking about someone in the crowd who was watching the Celtic Manulla game. I missed the name unfortuneately but by the way they were talking it sounded like he was a very big name. Saying how good it would be for Mayo soccer etc. Would it be Don O'Riordan?

Thunderblaster
23/04/2005, 11:43 AM
I'm sure that one of the players of the tournament would be a Mervue United player, maybe O'Donnell, the centre half. Colm Jinks of Glenview Stars is a fine young player, only 19-20. Abbey United and Westport United may have claims and so would Galway Hibs, Dynamo Blues and Salthill Devon. I'm sure if more soccer fans from Connacht signed up, we would know an awful lot more about the stars of the province.

shedhead
23/04/2005, 3:41 PM
there is absoulutely no chance of colin jinks and john gaffeney ever playing under don o'riordan again,not a hope in hell. He put sligo football back three years with his muck

crazyaxel
30/04/2005, 10:32 PM
westport have 2 or 3 claims to player of the tournament but i would say that