PDA

View Full Version : shams game last night

Martinho II
09/04/2005, 12:57 PM
I could not make the game last night. How well did the Town play and eas there much of a crowd from longford?

Longfordian
09/04/2005, 12:58 PM
Hard to know what sort of crowd was there maybe 1300 or so with about 100-150 from Longford. We played excellent stuff in the second half alright and they look like they're really gelling as a team. Defence was excellent once more, Paiso, Dillo and Danny to the fore again, Barry was out with a stomach bug. Midfield, Deano in particular, was dominant, strikers were a wee bit wasteful but Myler looked impressive again with his passing and retention of the ball. All in all grounds for optimism though Rovers were shocking

Xlex
09/04/2005, 1:19 PM
well, doesn't matter what sort of a side rovers put out a 2 nil win is great news for the town... Sounds like Paiso's goal was similar to his Linfield goal and really we needed a win to kick things off so here's to tuesday night....

the 12 th man
09/04/2005, 1:52 PM
ratings

digger (capt) 8 :had'nt got too much to do but kept the troops up to their
mark.

dillon :8.5 very sharp and was always in the right place at the right time.

o connor:8 saw a lot of the ball and dealt with what he had to do.his crossing was a bit wayward though.

paiso:8.5 great game and marked molloy out of it.topped off nicely by fine headed goal from a corner.

prunty: 7.not his best night as his passing for some reason was a bit iffy.
he did however contribute.

kirby 7: in and out performance.2nd half a marked improvement on first half .

fitzgerald:8.5 :was in the thick of it and really got stuck in for the cause.

martin :7. did alright but i've seen him dominate to a much better effect.

barrett 8: shane did well last night and he was a handfull for the rovers defence with his runs down the left touchline.

myler:8 he did'nt get too much of the ball but was very dangerous with the ball when he got it.some nice passes between him & dessie.

baker:8: he was a thorn in their side all night.wasted a few decent chances in the 1st half but overall was dangerous and this was an improved performance from him.

Dillo
09/04/2005, 9:06 PM
Hopefully this win will kickstart our season into life. A win is a win despite what the opposition were like. Rovers are a poor side and I was always confident of victory. Roddy has a brought in a few poor recruits from across the water (with the exception of Jason Gavin who won't be there for long) and I believe they will struggle to finish in the top half of the table. On the other hand, if Longford can maintain a consistent and high standard of performance all season we can get the third spot. That's a big IF though!

NY Hoop
11/04/2005, 12:33 PM
Martinho thats Rovers I presume you're referring to.

Just an idea for the Setanta Cup games: How about covering the far end with flags like Harps do? It would definitely look better than looking at empty seats.

Proper answers appreciated not the usual anti Rovers stuff :D

KOH

Longfordian
11/04/2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah it's an idea alright, I remember Cork usng that end when they were up last season to put their flags on the seats, it definitely beats looking at empty seats. In theory both clubs' fans could use it.

Bosco
11/04/2005, 4:58 PM
Yeah,I was thinking that myself.The only problem of course is very few people bring flags to games.Section o have a big flag but thats it.There are a few other flags lying about the place and maybe they could be found.......