PDA

View Full Version : Miller Rumour

Stuttgart88
08/04/2005, 2:05 PM
From E-tims.net rumour mill section:

All of you who are desperately awaiting the return of the prodigal son should look away now. We understand that a deal is in place to take Liam Miller on loan to Everton rather than back to Paradise. This is due to rumours that Tim Cahill is destined for greater things.

Another one who won’t be joining us is Robbie Keane - he’s also off to Everton apparently.

God knows Miller really needs first team football. Moyes would probably know more than most that he has talent. Would like to see it happen.

100% unsubstantiated rumour, but it is Friday afternoon.

Slash/ED
08/04/2005, 3:17 PM
I never thought of that one, but it does make sense. Cahill will probably leave but even if he stays Miller could be seen as a replacement for Gravesen, Arteta hasn't set the world on fire.

ciaran76
08/04/2005, 3:20 PM
[QUOTE=Stuttgart88]From E-tims.net rumour mill section:

[I]All of you who are desperately awaiting the return of the prodigal son should look away now. We understand that a deal is in place to take Liam Miller on loan to Everton rather than back to Paradise. This is due to rumours that Tim Cahill is destined for greater things
QUOTE]

Can't see Cahill leaving after 1 season. ;)

carnstien
08/04/2005, 3:57 PM
I never thought of that one, but it does make sense. Cahill will probably leave but even if he stays Miller could be seen as a replacement for Gravesen, Arteta hasn't set the world on fire.
Jaysus, I dunno if Miller could fill Gravesons boots.

I think that if they get CL football it is unlikley that Cahill will leave. With a name like that you'd assume he has Irish roots, anyone know if he is eligible? Class act like. We probably should have snapped him up before now though.

carnstien
08/04/2005, 4:00 PM
Jaysus, I dunno if Miller could fill Gravesons boots.

I think that if they get CL football it is unlikley that Cahill will leave. With a name like that you'd assume he has Irish roots, anyone know if he is eligible? Class act like. We probably should have snapped him up before now though.
Had a look there and he's actually Australian, assumed he was English, never mind.

livehead1
08/04/2005, 4:03 PM
jaysus where have you been....
there was a big comotion bout cahill there 2 years ago wen he was at millwall. ireland wanted him but he had played for samoa or sum1 shi*t like that when he was 15 so was tied. he was then allowed permission to play for australia so plays for them

no way he will leave everton after one year, he aint exactly a world beater either, hes just a reasonable midfielder

Tonymc
11/04/2005, 3:00 PM
Gravesen was the man for Everton. Miller is better than Cahill. May be a good move to buy Kavanagh to replace Gravensen and buy Robbie Keane as well. Kav would easily do the biz in Gravensens position, in fact he would be the captain. With Miller, Kavanagh and kilbane in evertons team they would have nearly Ireland's first choice midfield and a top 5 premiership position again next season.

Tony

Stuttgart88
11/04/2005, 3:17 PM
Interesting Tony. I've always maintained that Kavanagh & Gravesen are very similar in style.

Is Miller better than Cahill though? I'm not even sure Cahill is that good but bar a purple patch 18 months ago when has any of us seen Miller do anything?

It's hard to believe Miller's career is where it is having heard Henrik Larsson saying on live TV that there was no limit as to how good Miller could be.

Reality Bites
11/04/2005, 3:23 PM
In fairness to Miller, he went to a club thats in a bit of a mess, It appears now that Fergie has no idea how to purchase new players and adapt them into the team, the list of purchased players disappearing into the reserves is getting very long and worrying for the likes of Miller.. a move is the best for him a the moment

ken foree
11/04/2005, 3:43 PM
yea sorry, bit off-topic but united have just been throwing money at their problems. rooney and ronaldo are undoubtedly talented but just. don't. fit. the fluidity has evaporated from the team and they've become very pedestrian and actually poor to watch (mostly)

colster
11/04/2005, 4:20 PM
Miller? Kleberson? Djemba-Djemba? He's in good company. United are in a mess. OK, 3rd in the Premiership would be a joyful occurrence for most clubs, but they are light years behind the likes of Chelsea, Barca and Milan now.
Miller needs to get out and QUICK!

I don't think they are light years behind Barcelona. Take Ronaldinho out of that side and they ain't that good. United are going thru a bad patch at the moment.
They need a couple of players.

colster
11/04/2005, 7:12 PM
They ARE light years behind Barca. Barca will win La Liga this year and that is the best league in the world.
United need to start buying more shrewdly. They missed out on Ronaldinho and they missed out on Robben. Two players who have shown what they are capable of. Rooney will be that class some day. Ronaldo won't.
I'd be a worried Manc if I was a Manc.

I disagree. They are not light years behind Barca.
United have a better back line and comparable goalkeeper to Barca. Barca's midfield is better but I think a forward line of Rooney and RVN is better than Barcas. As a comparison how many of United's side would get into the Barca side. I'd say Ferdinand, Rooney, Ronaldo, Heinze and Van Nistelrooy would get into the side.

I also disagree about Ronaldo. He's younger than Robben and is better than Duff was at the same age. He needs to improve, thats a fact, but he has the ability and time on his side.

Colie
11/04/2005, 8:24 PM
Miller is better than Cahill.

I think going on current form in all reality Cahill would be picked over Miller. He's had an excellent season & I can on ly see him moving on up if at all.

Superhoops
11/04/2005, 11:00 PM
......I'd be a worried Manc if I was a Manc.
If you were a true Manc you would be supporting City, not United! ;) :rolleyes:

Snoop Drog
12/04/2005, 12:52 AM
then he turns out to be a Socceroo!! Sounds like a decent bloke anyway.

And recently voted Oceania Player of the Year.

Oceania- That hotbed of football talent :D

Stuttgart88
12/04/2005, 8:51 AM
I think any move would be good for Miller, even a loan move to a promoted side. Given that he's not really impressed at MUFC I'd say few English club managers have any idea that he actually has talent. O'Leary might know him because he's Irish, Moyes might know him if he watched Celtic's CL games.

I saw Miller at Loftus Road 18 mths ago in a pre-season Celtic vs Fulham game. Fulham couldn't get near him.

If I could pick a club for him now it'd be Everton!

livehead1
12/04/2005, 3:47 PM
[QUOTE=Stuttgart88]I think any move would be good for Miller, even a loan move to a promoted side. Given that he's not really impressed at MUFC I'd say few English club managers have any idea that he actually has talent. O'Leary might know him because he's Irish, Moyes might know him if he watched Celtic's CL games....QUOTE]

so tell me why moyes is more likely to have watched celtic champions league games 2years ago as opposed 2 lets say, chris coleman, perrin, wenger, bruce or any other manager. people are just clutching at straws when no1 has even said united will rid of miller. wen ferguson signed him he said he was one for the future

Eirambler
12/04/2005, 4:03 PM
so tell me why moyes is more likely to have watched celtic champions league games 2years ago as opposed 2 lets say, chris coleman, perrin, wenger, bruce or any other manager.

Probably because Moyes is Scottish and used to play for Celtic. :)

Stuttgart88
12/04/2005, 4:06 PM
[QUOTE=Stuttgart88]so tell me why moyes is more likely to have watched celtic champions league games 2years ago as opposed 2 lets say, chris coleman, perrin, wenger, bruce or any other manager. people are just clutching at straws when no1 has even said united will rid of miller. wen ferguson signed him he said he was one for the future

My recollection is that last year Arsenal played on the same nights as Celtic. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that Moyes would have been more inclined than the English managers to watch Celtic because he used to play for them. The English managers would probably have watched the English club on the other channel.

I think Ferguson is under so much pressure from Chelsea's form that fringe players at United (O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown, Miller, Bellion, Alan Smith even,) will struggle to get regular football. On that basis I'd imagine they all have their price.

And anyway, the rumour was only that he'd go on loan to Everton. For a guy who's nearly 25 I think first-team football for almost anyone in the PL would be better than MUFC reserves. Hardly controversial.

anto1208
13/04/2005, 12:30 PM
i hope this rumour isnt true , cahill is ten times the player miller is ,

would love robbie keane though think of how well he would play under a manager like moyes ( example kilbane !!)