PDA

View Full Version : golf

Karlos
08/04/2005, 11:35 AM
I've recently taking up the wonderful sport of golf and I have to say I've really caught the bug. Started out by playing a few weeks of pitch and putt to get my short game half decent and in recent weeks have started playing full rounds of golf.

Was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a handicap from golfers union without having to join a club. I don't mind paying a hundred or two to join a club but half the clubs in Dublin are 9 grand before you even start paying subscriptions and as I'm only just getting into it it wouldn't be worth it (regardless of the fact I don't have 9 grand to spare!) :eek: .

Now i know this is Ireland we are taking about but surely there is some cost effective way for new golfers to get into the sport and get a handicap without needed to remortage their gaff!!

any help much appreciated as always ;)

K. :)

Schumi
08/04/2005, 12:13 PM
Joining a society might be cheaper. Lots of sports clubs and companies have these. Basically they book a load of tee times at a course and play. i have no idea about the prices but I imagine they'd be a good bit cheaper. Alternatively join a club outside Dublin.