PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Drogs

Roo69
07/04/2005, 12:58 PM
Same team as Vs. UCD ? it's a winning formula at the present so we should probably stick with it, although in saying that i hope McGuinness, Grogan and Chopper get to play some part as well. 3 big players still missing so will be a big boost to have them back fit and raring to go.

Officals are: P.Tuite and J.P. Kelly & C. Fitzgerald are running the lines.

Should be an interesting match, i feel things are going to get much harder from here on in as teams are finally starting to find there feet, but i am still confident we can get something from the match.

Harps and UCD have 2 very trick away ties so fingers crossed we can pick up 3 points and they both loose, also hopring for a Rovers win/draw as well

KR's Post
07/04/2005, 1:23 PM
I think so.... Although saying that LONGER had a nightmare last friday... McGuiness might come in for him! We should get @ least a point from the game, but i really think we will win by 2-1 as seen on drogs forum. No doubt we'll be brought down to earth at some stage, but a win on friday could put us 3 games(9 points) clear of harps and college depending on results. Grogan won't come into the frame though. Let him recupparate from injury as much as possible. We don't need him at the mo. Should be a big crowd and hears hoping that the home support will be as good as it was for the Pats game, and 'The Shed Side Gulls' will be as supportive and noisy as possible... Top of the league on friday. ;)

Roo69
07/04/2005, 1:28 PM
I think so.... Although saying that LONGER had a nightmare last friday... McGuiness might come in for him! We should get @ least a point from the game, but i really think we will win by 2-1 as seen on drogs forum. No doubt we'll be brought down to earth at some stage, but a win on friday could put us 3 games(9 points) clear of harps and college depending on results. Grogan won't come into the frame though. Let him recupparate from injury as much as possible. We don't need him at the mo. Should be a big crowd and hears hoping that the home support will be as good as it was for the Pats game, and 'The Shed Side Gulls' will be as supportive and noisy as possible... Top of the league on friday. ;)

Ah i don't think Longer was that bad in fairness, he had an ok game but just not as good as he was against Pats or Cork, some nice touches and passes etc.... Over all i reckon bewteen himself and Ryaner they are our 2 most improved players this season and it's great to see !

Hopefully your right - Top of the League by Friday night ! would that be a 1st ?

KR's Post
07/04/2005, 1:38 PM
Ah i don't think Longer was that bad in fairness, he had an ok game but just not as good as he was against Pats or Cork, some nice touches and passes etc.... Over all i reckon bewteen himself and Ryaner they are our 2 most improved players this season and it's great to see !

Hopefully your right - Top of the League by Friday night ! would that be a 1st ?
Ye maybe i'm being a tad harsh there.... Come to think of it he played all right up to HT but then College took over the middle, hence Pip and Longer switching. And your right, it is fantastic to see Ryaner and Longer doing as well as they have been.... Shut those critics up :) We won't be top as we'd need to beat Cork Citys score over College by 4 goals but if we did i think it might be a first.... :confused:

KR's Post
07/04/2005, 1:44 PM
Looking at results and at the final league table, we had to be top @ one stage in 2000/20001.. See herehttp://www.soccerbot.com/fai/tables/irprem01.htm

Roo69
07/04/2005, 2:00 PM
Looking at results and at the final league table, we had to be top @ one stage in 2000/20001.. See herehttp://www.soccerbot.com/fai/tables/irprem01.htm

Just can't remember if we were ever top that season ?
We were one point away from qualifiying for Europe ! We needed Shels to get at least a draw Vs. cork on the last day of the season, they lost !

Bray Head
07/04/2005, 2:31 PM
Same starting 11 as last week. I would put Longer at left full and Pip in midfield. We need to be more creative at home. Away from home Tresson & Longer are OK in the centre where they can protect the defence. Remember both are natural defenders. McGuinness might come in for Dunne on the right of midfield at some stage when he is fully fit. Anyone know if O'Hanlon is nearly fit.

KR's Post
07/04/2005, 3:27 PM
Same starting 11 as last week. I would put Longer at left full and Pip in midfield. We need to be more creative at home. Away from home Tresson & Longer are OK in the centre where they can protect the defence. Remember both are natural defenders. McGuinness might come in for Dunne on the right of midfield at some stage when he is fully fit. Anyone know if O'Hanlon is nearly fit.
Longer, won't be @ left back... If he is then devo will have made a big mistake. WHY??? Shane Robinson plays right wing for drogs and he'd skin keith time after time... Correct me if im wrong about Robinson... As for chopper. I'd only be lying if i told you an answer. Roo69 might have some information. :confused: ;)

iceman
07/04/2005, 7:45 PM
Should be a good game - looking forward to it.

De Town
07/04/2005, 8:34 PM
also hopring for a Rovers win/draw as well
why :confused: :eek:

REVIP
08/04/2005, 7:02 AM

We would have been top on 18th August 2000 after away win against Shels and home win gainst Derry - if you look at the lost list of games, a bad run followed a good start

KR's Post
08/04/2005, 8:10 AM
Because they aren't performing the best and i like ROO thinks they'll struggle....

KK77
08/04/2005, 9:41 AM
Because they aren't performing the best and i like ROO thinks they'll struggle....

We should look after ourselves as they are more than capable of turning us over next month when we play them
what good will it do then talking about them struggling we have had a great start long may it continue but lets focus on ourselves lads/lasses and not be looking for what results we'd like from other games as remember we have to win out own games

Roo69
08/04/2005, 11:04 AM

Nothing to do with hating Longford or anything or the sort, i actually quite like Longford, great set up and good team. Simple fact why i hope Rovers win is that if we win or draw tonight and Longford loose, it will mean even at this early stage of the season we could be 8+ points clear of them, same goes for Harps and UCD.

Just hoping + wishing to put as many points between us and the bottom teams as i can at this early stage so it might make thing easier during the season.

BobtheDrog
08/04/2005, 2:03 PM
Have a terrible sense of foreboding about tonites match reckon you'll win comfortably

Roo69
08/04/2005, 2:10 PM
Have a terrible sense of foreboding about tonites match reckon you'll win comfortably

Jesus Bob i hope your right ! :eek:

De Town
08/04/2005, 2:32 PM
Nothing to do with hating Longford or anything or the sort, i actually quite like Longford, great set up and good team. Simple fact why i hope Rovers win is that if we win or draw tonight and Longford loose, it will mean even at this early stage of the season we could be 8+ points clear of them, same goes for Harps and UCD.

Just hoping + wishing to put as many points between us and the bottom teams as i can at this early stage so it might make thing easier during the season.
ah ok, understand what ya mean :)

We are not as bad as our position looks. We just havent been putting the chances away and the little things havent been going our way. We played a lot better on Monday night and we should be comfortable enough come the end of the season :cool:

Good luck tonight btw. Hope ya lose next Saturday though ;) :D

Schumi
08/04/2005, 2:40 PM
Going on the two teams' performances against us, I'd fancy Drogheda to win without too much hassle.

KR's Post
08/04/2005, 3:33 PM
Going on the two teams' performances against us, I'd fancy Drogheda to win without too much hassle.
Against College was our worst display of the season..... No doubt. We will have to be up to scratch tonight as much as we were in Cork and against Pats. :)

Drogman.
08/04/2005, 3:43 PM
Should be a good game alright but I reckon that on the bigger pitch and away from home we'll win handy enough. Our home form has been brutal even though last week we would have went on to beat Pats only for Reilly getting sent off. I'm Bray will put it up to us as the home team but I think the Drog's class will show in the end ;)

KR's Post
08/04/2005, 3:53 PM
Should be a good game alright but I reckon that on the bigger pitch and away from home we'll win handy enough. Our home form has been brutal even though last week we would have went on to beat Pats only for Reilly getting sent off. I'm Bray will put it up to us as the home team but I think the Drog's class will show in the end ;)
We'll see... ;) Looking forward to it. C'mon the wanderers. Enjoy the game. Many coming down to it? :confused: