PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on Lads

gufct
07/04/2005, 9:06 AM
We could talk till the cows come home about the Sligo performance and it still hurts 2 days later but its time to forget it and move on. There has to be changes for Sunday if there isnt I worry for the rest of our season and the one positive i had about the team this year was the strength of the squad despite the glaring weakness in certain positions mainly midfield.

If there isnt a vast improvement then its really time to worry but I for one am not giving up and its now the lads need us so ill be there on Sunday and hopefully there are enough people bothered about our future that they too will go.Cancelling the supporters bus and letting people rely on public transport sends out a very negative signal when we still have 32 games to play.

Lastly give Lal a chance to prove he is his own man 4 games is hardly time to give a new manager be fair lads and less of the personal abuse of players no one goes out to play badly.

Patrick Dunne
07/04/2005, 12:01 PM
It is just pointless providing a heavily subsidised bus service to Dublin when
there are, between Irish Rail, Nestors, Citylink and Bus Eireann, at least 10 alternative ways of getting to Richmond Park before 3.00pm on Sunday. The ground is beside bus and train routes as well, making it even more pointless.

The concept of supporters buses is providing transport to games for those who have no alternative method of going to, or returning from away matches.

Between international and Eircom League games, there have been four buses ran to games for Galway United supporters this season, before even the end of March.

Conor H
07/04/2005, 7:38 PM
So no worries of a bus going to all the other games?

marooned5
07/04/2005, 10:33 PM
no player goes out to play badly but we have too many players who simply are not up to the standard required. They proved that last season and most of them have been re-signed for this season and a few faces no matter what they do or in some cases don't do, are always in the squad. I find it amazing that two managers can think they are worth their place when 90% of others who watch the team think the oposite. There are better players playing for the oscar trayor side

gufct
08/04/2005, 8:35 AM
in the Oscar Traynor Team you think could cut it at el standard. There is a fair few who have tried and failed due to their lifestyle.

Patrick Dunne
08/04/2005, 11:15 AM
.. that side is littered with players who have failed to make the grade because in some cases, of ability, but sadly in many more cases, of discipline problems.

marooned5
08/04/2005, 6:50 PM
none of the players in the oscar traynor side could make it in the el for various reasons, and sadly that is the case with some in GUFC at the moment. They have all been given more than enough opportunities to prove themselves and fail year after year after year. Changes have to be made but our management seem to be happy with mid-table mediocrity