PDA

View Full Version : Kidney to be appointed Munster coach tomorrow.

joeSoap
06/04/2005, 3:27 PM
A good move for Munster?? I think so...maybe he'll recruit properly instead of Gaffney the Great...Christian Cullen, James Storey, Paul Devlin, Mike Storey, Tom Bowman, David Pusey, Jason Jones Hughes, Brian Lima....all great signings that did so much for Munster rugby by Mr Gaffney.

Goodbye and Good Riddance..... Australias loss is our gain..... :)

pete
06/04/2005, 9:00 PM
Gaffney seems to be getting a lot more credit than i think he due. Tried all his time to get Munster to run the ball with basically the same backs who just not up to it. Back to basics last week & could have won.

IsMiseSean
06/04/2005, 10:07 PM
I hope they do get Kidney, then Bradley might stay with Connacht.

Macy
07/04/2005, 7:16 AM
I hope they do get Kidney, then Bradley might stay with Connacht.
He'd be favourite for Leinster then though wouldn't he?

Aberdonian Stu
07/04/2005, 8:17 AM
Exactly, if Kidney goes south bradley will probably go East.

I am obviously a bit bias in wanting to keep Kidney at Leinster but I also think it mightn't necessarily be the best move for Munster. I think they need a much fresher approach and I feel Kidney would probably bring them back to basics. Their game has become too predictable in large parts and they need to add something fresh. Bradley might be the better man from that perspective.

Roo69
07/04/2005, 8:58 AM
Exactly, if Kidney goes south bradley will probably go East.

I am obviously a bit bias in wanting to keep Kidney at Leinster but I also think it mightn't necessarily be the best move for Munster. I think they need a much fresher approach and I feel Kidney would probably bring them back to basics. Their game has become too predictable in large parts and they need to add something fresh. Bradley might be the better man from that perspective.

Is Bradley ready for such a massive job yet though ? Fantastic job in all he has done with Connaught but personally i don't think he could offer anything more than Kidney could.

Lenister should be probably looking abroad, Sir Clive will be looking for a new job come august :D or is he still going to coach Southamton ?

Macy
07/04/2005, 9:06 AM
Is Bradley ready for such a massive job yet though ? Fantastic job in all he has done with Connaught but personally i don't think he could offer anything more than Kidney could.
Can the IRFU afford to lose him abroad though? As they did with O'Sullivan, very nearly permenantly....

Lenister should be probably looking abroad, Sir Clive will be looking for a new job come august :D or is he still going to coach Southamton ?
He's going to head up their academy isn't he?

SÓC
07/04/2005, 10:45 AM
What about Matt Williams, he aint going to be in charge of Scotland for much longer. Would he go back to Leinster, would they have him back, would he go West if Leinster took Bradley?

Aberdonian Stu
08/04/2005, 8:43 AM
Leinster wouldn't have him back and he'd probably reckon that he could get a better job than Connacht. It'll be interesting to see who they go after assuming Kidney goes.

CollegeTillIDie
09/04/2005, 9:57 AM
If Matt Williams does get the heave ho from Murrayfield, Willie Anderson will be available for selection.A Newspaper yesterday speculated that Leinster need someone to administer a kick up the arse to certain players and that Willie would be the man to do just that and besides he already knows who are the likely recipients of said kicking ;)