PDA

View Full Version : newish rugger game from EA

ken foree
06/04/2005, 1:33 PM
any good?

Roo69
06/04/2005, 1:46 PM
any good?

Rugby 05 i take it ? Yeah pretty good alright, tricky enough to get the hang of at 1st as well - staying onside for the 1st few timeyou play it is nay on impossible !

ken foree
06/04/2005, 5:00 PM
Rugby 05 i take it ? Yeah pretty good alright, tricky enough to get the hang of at 1st as well - staying onside for the 1st few timeyou play it is nay on impossible !

i read that too! how's the kicking from play in it (i.e. not penalties), drop goals, kicking for touch?

Neish
12/04/2005, 3:08 PM
Have the first in the EA rugby series, got it in a 3 for £30stg deal about a year and a half ago. Its good but a bit basic always wanted to try the later versions but something else always caught my eye when I saw it in shops.

Is Rugby 05 worth buying?

Lim till i die
13/04/2005, 11:13 AM
Have the first in the EA rugby series, got it in a 3 for £30stg deal about a year and a half ago. Its good but a bit basic always wanted to try the later versions but something else always caught my eye when I saw it in shops.

Is Rugby 05 worth buying?

Jonah Lomu Rugby is still the best rugby game around and you should be able to pick it up for a fiver somewhere. Butt-ugly but class none the less ;)

Roo69
13/04/2005, 11:24 AM
Rugby 05 is defo worth getting. Much harder than all previous games in all aspects. Visually very nice as well.

Kicking "In-Game" is also quite tough to master, with drop goals very seldom happening, finding touch is alos quite hard.

ken foree
22/04/2005, 7:45 PM
cheers sounds great, i think a rental with possibility of a purchase then..

ken foree
26/04/2005, 6:06 PM
i rented it, it's great! my favorite thing at the moment is passing to a forward from the ruck and having him plough into the opposition, sometimes you can hand off through a tackle and break for a good gain! kicking is defo tricky and even harder (for me) is fielding the high balls and tackling. i wish they made the ball's shadow bigger so you could judge where to be underneath it. also i wish they let you map functions to different buttons, the L2 for switching to nearest player is a bitch. good game though