PDA

View Full Version : season over 4 games in

pburkeg
05/04/2005, 11:15 PM
sligo played great stuff to be fair but our tactics were shocking..
we kept pumpin in the same ball all night from the halfway lobbing it diagonaly to moran and odowd they never will score that way there backs are to the goal for starters...sligo played down the flanks towards the endline and pulled back the ball for their forwards and midfielders to charge onto and facing the goals......its a simple game and in slippy conditions it was refreshing watching sligo. the only thing is Athlone looked superior to us last week and they have been walloped by cobh tonight so it must be us making sides look good. Derek Lally is not and never was up to this standard. there was no game plan at all it was like going back 25 years in time. re election looks likely :mad:

sligoman
06/04/2005, 12:02 AM
Jesus, one defeat changes everything ha?.

Hard luck tonight, but in fairness ye did deserve to lose. The pitch was very slippy. Now will ye believe us that we are a serious team for the League?

gufct
06/04/2005, 10:55 AM
You gave Galway a footballing lesson last night.We were outplayed,outclassed but worst of all outfought which the team has to take a long hard look at themselves.All bar Goughie didnt raise a canter all night and both Sligo goals came from mistakes of the criminal kind on the galway side.

Stephen needs to kick ass now and also our tactics were totally crazy as in Kilkenny the week before and Athlone we just kept banging long high balls down the centre.Our season is far from over as there are still 32 games left and to throw in the towel now would be mad but we need an injection of Pride,Passion and Pace and rapidly. Players have to be dropped and passengers cannot be tolerated as I for one after getting soaked through to the skin doing voluntary work for the club found last night very hard to take.

Something also needs to be done about this stupid myth that has built up courtesy of fans of both clubs about a hatred that exists between Sligo and Galway before something stupid happens and both Trusts should organise a meeting to sort it out once and for all.Its the bigger clubs in Dublin who are running the leagues that we should hate not a club who are like ourselves trying to raise themselves back to former glories.

Good luck to Sligo for the rest of the season (except of course for our 3 other games against them) :mad: and I salute a club that can bring 250 plus supporters to Terryland on the wettest night I can remember up there and I dont care what numbskull GUFC supporters this upsets.

pburkeg
06/04/2005, 1:59 PM
on the sligo forum numerous sligo fans were very complimentary about galway fans and how so many galway fans congratulated them on a fine display. its definitely a myth gfuct

SligoRoversfan
06/04/2005, 6:16 PM
i personally have nothing against ye,id love too see both of us in the premier along with harps,itd be excellent for the north west and west ;)

Conor H
06/04/2005, 8:43 PM
Promotion? :D :D

roversfan
07/04/2005, 7:00 PM
same here...i have always had great admiration for Galway.
up the west..lets take over the premier..lol

JC_GUFC
07/04/2005, 9:00 PM
I saw Sligo against Dub City and was impressed.

So far Sligo have played Dub City, Kildare,Dundalk and United who I think were the top 4 favs for promotion.

Sligo are serious contenders to go up - sadly it seems we're not.

That said we were all over Athlone with 10 men in the 2nd half one loss is not that bad.

Apart from Sligo no-one looks any good at all so if we get things sorted we could battle for a playoff.

J