PDA

View Full Version : Anyone driving to Portadown -Meetingpoint

redgav
05/04/2005, 7:19 PM
Lads -Anyone driving to portadown ,The OSC bus and the Exiles Bus are gonna be meeting in The Carrickdale Hotel ,Carrickdale Co Louth from 3pm onwards
Carrickdale is between Dundalk and Newry,right on the Border on the main road-Has loads of Parking and has a very good bar and food
Theres a few lads drivin up are already and the plan is for everyone to meet up there and drive to the game together
Its about 5-10 minutes drive from Newry-

Should be staying there till 5pm or so

Can admin make this a sticky please

adamd164
06/04/2005, 5:31 PM
how many are on the osc bus?

redgav
06/04/2005, 7:28 PM
heard there may be some places left -that was yesterday evening tho

Its a overnighter -stayin near dundalk 90 yoyo's as far as I know
Send a pm to Colm or CCOSC on the official forum

James
07/04/2005, 12:10 PM
Still places left on the bus

drop us an email if interested
supportersATcorkcityfc.ie for full details of the adventure :)

James
07/04/2005, 2:36 PM
Also a few exiles and people from around the country that are travelling by car have also contacted us, and yes we will have tickets for you at the hotel in Carrickdale between 3-5pm at leas

Its a good idea as already mentioned if we all liase and meetup and head off togetherto port from here at the same time.

Cant wait for this European adventure to start up again

REBEL ARMY
:ball:

Shelsman
07/04/2005, 4:19 PM
Sounds like good craic. Best of luck lads, hope you beat them ( 3-2 maybe to make sure it's exciting! ).

adamd164
07/04/2005, 4:30 PM
Shelsman, you do realise that if we win we're practically through :confused:

Shelsman
08/04/2005, 8:08 AM
Shelsman, you do realise that if we win we're practically through :confused:

Hardly, you'll have six points. Each team plays 4 games in their group. Shels have a point already and have six more points to play for. Just because you won one game in the competition doesn't really signal a series of landslide wins for Cork in the rest of their games.

3-3 then so on Monday! :p

adamd164
08/04/2005, 8:28 AM
We'll be 5 points clear with two games left. I'm not sure about you, but to me anyway, that's practically through.

pete
08/04/2005, 9:08 AM
We'll be 5 points clear with two games left. I'm not sure about you, but to me anyway, that's practically through.

Exactly. Would mean if portadown v shel$ was adraw city would be through.

gspain
08/04/2005, 9:46 AM
I'm planning on driving from Dublin 90% sure of going at the moment - doubt if I'll make the Carrickdale by 5pm though.

I've been there before a couple of times. no problems and the ground is just off the main road in from Newry so you don't have to go into the town. I'd say it is 20-30 minutes from Newry maybe even a little more.

Longford did have a special carpark for Linfield fans last Monday whereas we just parked on the main road. It would be handy if Portadown did the same (anyone know?) if not I'd recommend parking on the main road and walking to the ground - when you hit the T junction just turn around and park - ground is just a quick right then quick left then left again from that T junction. there is an estate to avoid near the ground don't go wandering.

Trust it will be ok to get ticket(s) on the night - I may have a Dundalk fan travelling with me. Hope to get in to the city end but otherwise will just sit in the main stand.

BTW if anyone wants a lift from East Wall area of Dublin and straight back to Dublin afterwards pm me - I have one and maybe 2 spare seats in the car.

gspain
08/04/2005, 9:48 AM
Hardly, you'll have six points. Each team plays 4 games in their group. Shels have a point already and have six more points to play for. Just because you won one game in the competition doesn't really signal a series of landslide wins for Cork in the rest of their games.

3-3 then so on Monday! :p

Group is out of Shels hands. If City take 6 points from Portadown they win the group. So an away win on Monday night would virtually win the group for city.

James
08/04/2005, 10:31 AM
I'm planning on driving from Dublin 90% sure of going at the moment - doubt if I'll make the Carrickdale by 5pm though.

Trust it will be ok to get ticket(s) on the night - I may have a Dundalk fan travelling with me. Hope to get in to the city end but otherwise will just sit in the main stand..

gspain
if you looking to get into the city end i dont think there will be any tickets for that available on the night
drop the Cork City Supporters Club an email supportersATcorkcityfc.ie and they will prob be able to sort you out with tickets for our end.. if you cant make the hotel meeting point

Ruairi
08/04/2005, 12:02 PM

down with that sort of thing! :)

pete
08/04/2005, 12:16 PM

Don't you mean odessy?

Éanna
08/04/2005, 1:17 PM
Don't you mean odessy?
Don't YOU mean ODYSSEY :D

Shelsman
11/04/2005, 1:02 PM

Yes, the same as Cork practically winning the league last year! :D :rolleyes: