PDA

View Full Version : Section O

ConfusedBlue
05/04/2005, 2:16 PM
lads,just wondering why is the singing section located in Section O away from the main stand?Surely being situated in the stand would amplify the noise created and encourage others to join in,has there been a problem up there with a vocal support in the stand?

Anytime we've travelled up to Flancare,theres been some sort of issue with the stewards or event controller(flags,flag poles and I think possibly a drum 2 years back and most recently use of a megaphone-apparentl your chairman requested that we didn't use it)!!Now we've used our flagpoles,drums and megaphone in every other ground in the country,so it begs the question is your chairman some kind of control freak??????????

Longfordian
05/04/2005, 2:28 PM
I think the problem with the megaphone was what was being said over it, 'you're still a c*nt Kirby', I heard that myself, and that kind of thing. It wasn't really being used for chanting.

Macy
05/04/2005, 2:34 PM
I think the problem with the megaphone was what was being said over it, 'you're still a c*nt Kirby', I heard that myself, and that kind of thing. It wasn't really being used for chanting.
Also the attempt to shout down Denis at half time wasn't the brightest (well first time the siren was put through it was funny enough, but wore a bit thin).

Don't really want to open the old stand v section O debate. During the redevelopment a merger was forced and didn't work. Best to just say we like the independence the ground gives us, and no worries about standing up, causing offence etc.

Éanna
05/04/2005, 2:50 PM
we've not had a problem with drums or our megaphone, but they never let us bring our TIFO flags in for some reason. Longford claim the FAI told them to ban them, the FAI say different. At this stage we just don't bring them

thecorner
05/04/2005, 3:27 PM
u just gotta laugh at the section o lads,dont ya...sure god love em,they try hard :D :D :D

Éanna
05/04/2005, 4:12 PM
u just gotta laugh at the section o lads,dont ya...sure god love em,they try hard :D :D :D
hmmmm, a small bunch of drunken lunatics standing at the side of the ground singing during a game. remind you of anyone theCORNER :D :p

thecorner
05/04/2005, 4:16 PM
hmmmm, a small bunch of drunken lunatics standing at the side of the ground singing during a game. remind you of anyone theCORNER :D :p

eh...would you like to explain

are you referring to the corner as a bunch of drunken lunatics or something

Éanna
05/04/2005, 4:17 PM
eh...would you like to explain

are you referring to the corner as a bunch of drunken lunatics or something
not at all! ;) Anyone think that Section O should be sponsored by a kettle, and the corner by a pot :eek: :D

craigdrules
05/04/2005, 4:48 PM
Wat!! nothin wrong wit the corner boys. some of our most loyal fans are there like!!!

adamd164
05/04/2005, 6:31 PM
In fairness lads, when Éanna puts TWO smilies in his post I think it means he's TAKING THE P*SS!

Éanna
05/04/2005, 7:44 PM
Wat!! nothin wrong wit the corner boys. some of our most loyal fans are there like!!!
sheesh, I was only joking like. :eek: The corner boys are great, I've a lot of time for them. the corner knows me well enough to know whatI think and he should know I'm only takin the ****. Anyways, since when is being a drunken lunatic a BAD thing?! :confused:

OneRedArmy
13/04/2005, 8:56 AM

They look like a bunch of IT workers on an away day.

Macy
13/04/2005, 9:09 AM
They look like a bunch of IT workers on an away day.
We're not that big a bunch of wánkers... :D

OneRedArmy
13/04/2005, 9:41 AM
We're not that big a bunch of wánkers... :D

I meant it in the nicest possible way :D

Selection of songs that are unrivalled in the EL. Where else will you hear chants to contemporary indie classics?!

KR's Post
17/04/2005, 8:25 AM
lads,just wondering why is the singing section located in Section O away from the main stand?Surely being situated in the stand would amplify the noise created and encourage others to join in,has there been a problem up there with a vocal support in the stand?

Section O were very poor last night..... @ Bray v Town. The Main Stand sang more than they do. You'd wonder why they seperate themselves from the Main Crop?? :confused: Hardcore fans i reckon..

Martinho II
17/04/2005, 10:17 PM
as a member of section o i agree with you. It was a very poor performance from us. A good few of our crew were missing and the lads that normally do chant didnt last night. So it was a bit frustrating.Ye lads made some good noise. For reasons that I prefer not to discuss, i will never go near the stand. Section O is our home we were at that end in the first division days .

Finny
17/04/2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah i agree with marty not many singing last nyt at all
but as 4 going to the stand not if it it rained rats

KR's Post
18/04/2005, 8:10 AM
Ye lads made some good noise. .
Did we?? :confused: Didn't think we had but weh hey :p ..... And just like you said, we had a couple missing aswell Saturday night.. Longford by far the best team we have played this season. They played better than Cork did against us! P.S Who was your one who kept waving the flag??? I'd say her arm was in bits. Did it for @ least 60mins throughout the game. :eek:

Martinho II
18/04/2005, 8:43 PM
that is finnys older sister! and i say she is tired! :p

sorbothegreek
18/04/2005, 8:54 PM
A good few of our crew were missing and the lads that normally do chant didnt last night. So it was a bit frustrating. .

Well perhaps in future you should stand with the lads that do chant and not with the 10-15 year olds that seem to have taken their place.

Ouuuu.. Internal issues in the section. ;)

Finny
18/04/2005, 9:25 PM
ah no shes not tired why would she be she does that every match. cant wait 4 thursday or the linfield v glentoren game hopefully 2 good results 4 us there HOPEFULLY

Finny
18/04/2005, 9:28 PM
Well perhaps in future you should stand with the lads that do chant and not with the 10-15 year olds that seem to have taken their place.

wat ya on about im 18 and the youngest is 17 and we all do chant so wat ya talking about?

Maz
19/04/2005, 7:49 AM

Have to say i noticed the slight division there on saturday night!! :p ;)

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 8:08 AM
wat ya on about im 18 and the youngest is 17 and we all do chant so wat ya talking about?
Not that much last saturday!!!! Our main singing crew is based on 16-21 year olds, me @ 19 included.... IMO section O last saturday was very very poor and although your side won you let them down by not singing that much... :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
19/04/2005, 9:20 AM
I thought they were very poor indeed but from what i can see they're numbers are getting smaller and smaller and it seems to coincide with poor performances and results.The personel seems to have changed considerably but with a European trip coming up i'm sure they'll all turn up for a holiday. :D

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 10:08 AM
I thought they were very poor indeed but from what i can see they're numbers are getting smaller and smaller and it seems to coincide with poor performances and results.The personel seems to have changed considerably but with a European trip coming up i'm sure they'll all turn up for a holiday. :D
Ye we have supporters like that... Only turn up if the club is doing hell e.g cup run, premier football etc etc. They should get that lad with the drum over or join him in the main stand.. He'd be a big help. ;)

Wiseguy
19/04/2005, 10:41 AM
The only thing is that from what i can gather from previous arguments is that Section O don't want to go to the stand for some reason or another and it appears that they feel that they'd be better off where they are but still mingle with the stand folk at the away game????????? :confused: I wish for the better of the atmosphere they would go to the stand and put in the effort there.If they were then finding that they were getting abuse from certain elements report them to the proper people.Maybe they think that they are an elite element of LTFC supporters and are trying to copy other clubs fans by having their own section of the ground.To me anyway it dosen't make sense because they can't be heard so if you look at them from the stand they just look like they are standing around talking.

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 10:46 AM
and it appears that they feel that they'd be better off where they are but still mingle with the stand folk at the away game????????? :confused: To me anyway it dosen't make sense because they can't be heard so if you look at them from the stand they just look like they are standing around talking.
They did look like they were just talking for the whole game!!! :p :p :eek:

sorbothegreek
19/04/2005, 12:26 PM

What i was doing was continueing a joke i started earlier with Martinho. That's why the smiley was put at the end of it.
Nothing got to do yith you.

Xlex
19/04/2005, 12:48 PM
Maybe they think that they are an elite element of LTFC supporters...

it's just that we didn't want to pay the extra into the stand....

Not elite, just normal... clap clap clap....

town73
19/04/2005, 12:52 PM
it's just that we didn't want to pay the extra into the stand....

Not elite, just normal... clap clap clap....

Same price for all sections of the ground

Maz
19/04/2005, 12:54 PM
Same price for all sections of the ground

It wasnt always the same price for all sections........So the section O group went to the ground and have stayed there since

Xlex
19/04/2005, 1:16 PM
Same price for all sections of the ground...

I'm being sarcastic...

Realistically, Section O is really adversly affected by a large group based in various parts of the country... We can't all be there every home game and obviously that was the case on Saturday. Alot of us have more and more commitments....

The Cup has a special place for LTFC supporters. Most of the lads would make the extra effort to get there... We have to re-group. To be fair, there's many a soul about the place to get involved and we'll organise ourselves better. Moving to the stand? There wasn't much success any other time we located, would it be different? Don't think so.

We're very much normal lads and lassies doing a bit to support the town. Everything is done to enhanse our support and our enjoyment of our time out in Flancare. We don't look for thanks or appeals to go to the stand, it's bull**** that seams to come from people think we're idiots.... We're just normal joe's supporting the Red N' Black.

Stand sort yourselves out.....

Just to add, price doesn't concern me, but the whole structure of admission prices is brutal... a parent and two kids should never be €25

Macy
19/04/2005, 1:20 PM
FFS, I can't believe this is starting again.

If the stand don't sing, how is that Section O's fault?

When Section O has been in the stand, the stand dwellers don't join in anyway, so whats the point of this debate? Instead the Section O lads looked at if though they have 10 heads.

So what if numbers are variable - many of us not Longford based, but obviously more noticeable when the stand is sat looking at us.

If there's that many in the stand that want to sing why not organise yourselves into a group? imo it's just a convenient excuse to say if Section O come into the stand all will be solved. People who want to sing should be proactive in sorting themselves out. That will help the atmosphere far more than a few heads swapping sides (which hasn't worked in the past).

Do we have to have this fookin debate every season? Why can't it be left lie? :rolleyes:

Longfordian
19/04/2005, 1:29 PM
Just to add, price doesn't concern me, but the whole structure of admission prices is brutal... a parent and two kids should never be €25

Second and third children have often been free recently, at least that's what our Secretary said and he's often on the turnstiles himself. I think it's case of using a bit of discretion, you're not going to let a whole pile of kids in for nothing all the time but you want to make it easier on people too and I think that's what they've been trying to do.

town73
19/04/2005, 2:46 PM
FFS, I can't believe this is starting again.

If the stand don't sing, how is that Section O's fault?

I think the point about it is that your chanting would reverberate better beneath the roof of the stand, even if others don't join in.

However, from what I've read you got a bit of hassle from people when you were over in the stand during the last bit of work on the ground (when section O was closed) and if that's the case, then you're better off where you are.

I certainly wouldn't say that it's Section O's fault for the lacking of singing from the stand.

BTW, how's the fundraising going for your player sponsorship? Is it Andy Myler this season?

Wiseguy
19/04/2005, 3:37 PM
Firstly i don't think anyone is blaming Section O for anything.I merely suggested that they might consider going to the Stand so they can generate a better atmosphere for both themselves and the game in general.I couldn't give a sh1t if they stood in the carpark singing and chanting.The fact is you can't hear them.I enjoy the games anyway and sing and clap and support to my hearts content no matter where i am in the ground and i don't care who's looking at me and what they think.Now if section O are bothered about people looking at them then it's a poor look out but as i have already stated i don't give a toss what they do i was just pointing out that they can't be heard and it would make more sense for them to be in the stand.

monkey magic
19/04/2005, 5:05 PM
lads this arguement is going nowhere, section o have been in the stand before and it hasent worked, weed all love to see better vocal support for the town- bray the other evening was a prime example. but at the end of the day its up to us guys in the stand to try an do our bit. and stop putting pressure on de lads to come up with the goods all the time

incidentally, am i the only one who thinks section o are starting to die out??
jaysus lads there couldent have been more than 10 of yiz dere on sat nite :eek: i know town support for league games in general has been poor the last season or so but its worrying when section o dont have sufficient numbers to get a song going :( :(

Finny
19/04/2005, 7:18 PM
What i was doing was continueing a joke i started earlier with Martinho. That's why the smiley was put at the end of it.
Nothing got to do yith you.

oh right sorry just checking tho

Martinho II
19/04/2005, 10:07 PM
BTW, how's the fundraising going for your player sponsorship? Is it Andy Myler this season?[/QUOTE]

well we had a collection among four people in john joes saturday night and had raised 35 euros. i have sent text messages to people in section o asking to chip in towards the sponsorship and will be organsing a collection on thursday night amongst the section o faithful.

one of the lads has said that once he has finished his college course he will take over the fanzine from pauro 7 and try to have a few issues out for the season. Anyone interested in submitting articles for the fanzine please pm myself or sorbo the greek and we will try our best to include your article if it is relevant.

ConfusedBlue
20/04/2005, 3:39 PM
When Section O has been in the stand, the stand dwellers don't join in anyway, so whats the point of this debate? Instead the Section O lads looked at if though they have 10 heads.

But my point was that you would be better heard around the ground if you were situated in the stand due to the "acoustic nature of the roof of the stand".
We had the same problem in Waterford,only a handful started off in the singing section,we were looked upon as headcases for a while but gradually more and more have started to join in with us.It can only improve the atmosphere if it encourages more people to join in and won't affect it as much when you have 1 or 2 missing due to other commitments!!!!

sorbothegreek
21/04/2005, 3:45 PM
This arguement keeps coming up and as far as i can see it's almost always started by people who feel the need to tell us that we should move here or try this or that. Now as far as the current two are concerned, again it's stated at the start of the thread that "they must have an elitist notion". Perhaps we like sitting where we do! Imagine that, we just might prefer sitting where we sit. Nothing got to do an attitude, although it is possible to develope a bit of a one if people keep telling what we should be doing or where we should be sitting.
When i and i assume anyone else in section o sing at the games, it's not for the benefit of anyone else in the ground apart from the team. Now i dont know if they are listening to it or even if they should be listening to it, but i have no responsibility to get anyone else involved. Thats entirely up to them. I dont tell them what to do and i'd like it if they would refrain from telling me.

Wiseguy
21/04/2005, 3:51 PM
Look most people don't give a toss where you sit.The idea of singing supportive songs ( or so i thought ) was so that the team can hear you.It was merely suggested that you would achieve better results in the stand as the noise you make would be amplified.

sorbothegreek
21/04/2005, 4:10 PM
[QUOTE=Wiseguy]Look most people don't give a toss where you sit.QUOTE]

If you dont give a toss, i assume thats the last we'll be hearing from you on the subject.

Bosco
21/04/2005, 5:58 PM
Fair-weather ! And yet, you have the right to give out about other supporters (mucker insults etc. from Bosco on other thread.)
What makes you think other supporters don't also put the same massive effort into travelling to games. Your problem is that you think you are better, more hard-core supporters than the rest of us. I used to have a lot of empathy for you, but not after I read your insult on another thread. Now I think you are pathetic, self-obsessed, deluded and I couldn't really care what part of the ground you are in. You are a bitter lot who think the rest of us have something against you. Whaddya mean "people in the stand stare at you". is it a crime to look at someone?? For lads who can dish it out, you are a horrid sensitive lot. Thankfully you are dying out. Now maybe we can get beyond this divisiveness and get behind the team TOGETHER.

Very very bitter cop on and not needed.You seem to have taken out your rage on Xlex because I used the word mucker,i've allready explained myself on the other thread.The fact that i didnt even use the word as an insult leads me to believe that you were nit-picking looking for something to respond to,so you could criticise section o and not have to respond to the questions asked of you(see other thread).Also the fact that it was not used as an insult and that you managed to write all of the above,leads me to believe that you allready had your own views on section o,because what you have written above is an insult.

"people in the stand stare at you" i think that was said because in the past the stand were mad to get section to come over and when they did they didnt join in and just stared.I've asked why you in the stand dont organise a group and i know that it is because you would be stared at and know one likes that

observer
22/04/2005, 9:28 AM
People are losing the run of themselves on this issue. I sit in the stand because I like to watch from a bit of height and like a bit of shelter. Other people sit behind the goals because they like to see the goalmouth action. Section O fans like to do their thing from their favourite spot, and I have no doubt that more would join them if there was a roof over their heads. Who are we to say where anyone should sit? They are all great supporters of the team and the best of luck to them. :ball: