PDA

View Full Version : Have ye nood pride......

Gary
21/02/2002, 6:52 PM
....in your league? The fact that Pats got all their 9 points back is a JOKE. The simple fact of the matter is, is that they broke the rules! . When you break the rules you get punished, the reason you get punished is so you wont break said rules again. The fact that Pats got away with it means, effectively, that anyone can break rules when they want to.

And the saddest thing about it all is that every one bar Shels are ignoring it. Why are they ignoring it? Why are some of you saying ' erra its alright, it doesnt really matter'?

The eL is now a bigger joke than it ever was.

Macy
22/02/2002, 8:39 AM
Well, Yes it is a joke that the rules weren't followed, and that the offence wasn't picked up on for 3 games, but the $h€liban are the worst offenders by continually dragging this thing out.... Agreeing to go to arbitration, withdrawing from arbitration, taking it to court, threatening on several occasions to pull out of the league. I wish they would just fook off. This in the same season that Keely faced no action for calling the league, it's officials and refs corrupt! $h€l$ have done far more harm to the league than anyone else this season.

pete
22/02/2002, 11:21 AM
I think $hel$ are now dragging it out too much & should leave it go.

The people who have final responsibility are the clubs as they changed the rule last year to 'MUST deduct points' & now appear to be deciding they didn't really mean that. If they had left the rule alone thenthe eleague would have had the option to deduct points or not.

I know the Commish is promising anew rule book but I think every club will have to look very hard at what is proposed & maybe they should all have to agree to abide by any punishment that the new rule book comes up with. There can be no excuses that a new rule is unfair or unjust once they sign off on.

Unfortunately I think the Marney Affair will hang over the league for years to come.