PDA

View Full Version : Shilelagh Law - saw Saturday, as good a show as I've seen to date

boysingreen
04/04/2005, 4:15 PM
If you've never heard of Shilelagh Law, you're in for a treat. Do yourself a favor, check out www.halfthebottle.com, and get a hold of at least 1 of their 3 cd's.

They're an Irish-American band I'd never seen or heard of (aside from my sister raving about them) until this Saturday, when I saw them on McLean Avenue [Bronx / Yonkers, NY] (as one of their original's "Meet Me on McLean" says, "where the 5 boroughs meet the 4 provinces").

They make great work of many classics, and their originals won't disappoint either. I can't stop playing their rendition of "When New York was Irish". They'll have you singing and dancing in the aisles as the song goes. The music they play, led by their four-time All Ireland champion violinist, is as lively and as good as it gets. Their lead singer is absolutely brilliant.

"Christmas in New York," another of their originals, a tribute to the NYPD / FDNY and all workers after 9/11, is worth the price of admission as the saying goes.. only there wasn't even any cover. Daylight robbery.

They've played Dublin, though I don't know what their upcoming schedule is like. I do know they'll be back on McLean in a month or so, and that they're playing in Boston next weekend. If you're in or near that area, you have to go see them. There will be no alternative to a great time.

signed,
-the newest member of their growing legion of fans, overnight

liam88
06/04/2005, 10:42 PM
Fair juice to ye just looked em up ont he net an soundin great-
listen to their mp3's here http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/slaw