sbgawa
05/11/2018, 3:06 PM
Message to fans (summary)
Reached critical point in terms of operation of the club
League false because some clubs can lose money
Want to meet to discuss meaningful actions to tackle it
Meeting critical to the future.....

Are they just trying to drum up a crowd or have you guys found Peak 7

Edit: sorry Shearer should have been a bit clearer , this was sent out to all members asking for a meeting to address the issues above.
It was a long letter and i was to lazy to type out

Shearer
05/11/2018, 3:16 PM
What did I just read.

marinobohs
05/11/2018, 3:21 PM

Join Bohs and you will find out 😁

NeverFeltBetter
05/11/2018, 3:23 PM
Give me money. Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now.

marinobohs
05/11/2018, 3:26 PM
Give me money. Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now.

Isn't that EVERY club 😁

Philosophizer
05/11/2018, 4:45 PM

Edit: sorry Shearer should have been a bit clearer , this was sent out to all members asking for a meeting to address the issues above.
It was a long letter and i was to lazy to type out

Is sbgawa a member of Bohs now?
I'm confused

sbgawa
05/11/2018, 4:57 PM
Not all my friends are hoops

SkStu
05/11/2018, 5:30 PM
Not all my friends are hoops

the email was posted on our message board FFS!

Meeting to discuss the future direction of Bohemian FC
Tuesday November 6 2018, 7.30pm
Room HG20, Nursing Building, DCU Glasnevin Campus
Dear member,

The Bohemian Football Club has now reached a critical point in terms of the operation of the club and our ability to grow beyond our current performance both on and off the pitch.

The league environment, economically, is falsely inflated by multiple clubs who have the ability to sustain significant losses and continue to operate.

The aim is to discuss this situation and agree upon steps to take meaningful actions to tackle it - this meeting is critical to the future direction of The Bohemian Football Club.

We ask each member to help make the meeting fully representative of The Bohemian Football Club membership base, so that our decisions may have the fullest possible numerical endorsement.

The board of Bohemian FC

Note: The DCU campus is large and difficult to navigate for those unfamiliar with it. We advise arriving at DCU 30 minutes before the meeting is due to commence so that it can begin at 7.30pm sharp. We will provide a site map and directions when a reminder is sent out closer to the day of the meeting.

why this warrants a thread on the main forum is beyond me.

sbgawa
05/11/2018, 5:38 PM
Genuinely interested that's all, struck me as very pointed. Thought some of the bohs heads here might know what's up.......It's the off season I'm bored already

Nesta99
05/11/2018, 6:39 PM
That sounds like a we want to go full time but want a consensus on taking that step and that membership will dig deep to do so. It a veiled criticism of Pats, Derry, and how Rovers accruing losses were covered. Its a typical LoI quandry as Bohs have been making good progress in all areas but to keep that team together and as competative as possible a FT setup is becoming necessary to get in the European gravy train. Without director loans/payments beyond what income the clubs can generate its probably only Cork that would be still top 3 or 4. Dundalk needed new ownership money (FastFix) to get things in order and to start becoming sustainable for example. Pats would never have won the league in 2013, Rovers would have a hefty debt hanging over them now and no Roadstone. Derry need their chairmans donations to keep the show on the road ....and so on.

bluemovie
05/11/2018, 7:58 PM
East? To Tolka Park.

White Horse
05/11/2018, 8:47 PM
Who are these "multiple clubs who have the ability to sustain significant losses"?

Philosophizer
05/11/2018, 9:00 PM
I hope they stay part time and sustainable like they've been doing for the last few years.
If they go full time they'll either run up bank debts or they'll need a wealthy backer to cover the extra costs. I wouldn't like to see them do either. They've a great thing going at the moment, and a lot of that is down to them selling the fan-owned "peoples club" brand they've been pushing.
Besides, as a part time club they can still attract enough talent to be very competitive in the premier division. There are plenty of very good players and managers who want to keep their jobs yet still be involved in LOI.

dong
05/11/2018, 9:32 PM
I hope they stay part time and sustainable like they've been doing for the last few years.
If they go full time they'll either run up bank debts or they'll need a wealthy backer to cover the extra costs.

Going "full time".
The cause of and solution to every league of Ireland club's problems.

marinobohs
05/11/2018, 9:56 PM
If they go full time they'll either run up bank debts or they'll need a wealthy backer to cover the extra costs. I wouldn't like to see them do either. They've a great thing going at the moment, and a lot of that is down to them selling the fan-owned "peoples club" brand they've been pushing.
Besides, as a part time club they can still attract enough talent to be very competitive in the premier division. There are plenty of very good players and managers who want to keep their jobs yet still be involved in LOI.
Constantly losing players is not sustainable and eventually will catch up with us.
Need to move beyond (at least in some instances) the one season contract model, and that takes money and Bohs members are looking at what options are out there. We will not be spending money we don't have but need to maximise the money we do have.

Yossarian
05/11/2018, 10:11 PM
Constantly losing players is not sustainable and eventually will catch up with us.
Need to move beyond (at least in some instances) the one season contract model, and that takes money and Bohs members are looking at what options are out there. We will not be spending money we don't have but need to maximise the money we do have.

Bohs need to think outside the box, maybe some form of unique merchandising that captures a new audience might work.

Park_Lane
06/11/2018, 11:08 AM
or sell the tramway end again??

PartySaint
06/11/2018, 11:16 AM
Who are these "multiple clubs who have the ability to sustain significant losses"?

Pats, Waterford, Derry and Rovers I'd guess

ger121
06/11/2018, 7:13 PM
or sell the tramway end again??

We are that good at selling grounds more than once, I reckon we could flog Milltown again and get a buyer.

marinobohs
08/11/2018, 6:58 AM
Bohs need to think outside the box, maybe some form of unique merchandising that captures a new audience might work.

Sod that, too much trouble. Anybody want to buy a ground (only two current owners) ?

Nesta99
08/11/2018, 8:02 PM
So any word on the meeting then or is it top secret?

ger121
08/11/2018, 10:34 PM
So any word on the meeting then or is it top secret?

One of the topics was the upcoming sale of Oriel Pk.

marinobohs
08/11/2018, 10:55 PM
One of the topics was the upcoming sale of Oriel Pk.
Selling it twice I believe 😎

ger121
09/11/2018, 8:50 PM
Selling it twice I believe ��

Is there any other way��