PDA

View Full Version : 2019 SSE Airtricity League Fixtures

nigel-harps1954
05/11/2018, 2:15 PM
FAI on the ball with this one.

Date set for 2019 SSE Airtricity League opener
New campaign will kick off in mid-February
The 2019 SSE Airtricity League season will begin on Friday, February 15 and it will end with the Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup Final on Sunday, November 3.

The first game of the new campaign will actually be the President's Cup between Dundalk and Cork City, which will be played on either Saturday, February 9 or Sunday, February 10.

Dundalk will then begin the defence of their SSE Airtricity League Premier Division title on the next weekend, while the First Division will kick off a week later on Friday, February 22.

Another key date for the calendar is the EA SPORTS Cup Final, which will be played on Saturday, September 14.

The mid-season break will take place from Saturday, June 15 through to Thursday, June 27.

The official Fixture List for the 2019 season will be released on Wednesday, December 19.

littlebray
05/11/2018, 11:17 PM

Yeah, releasing the season fixtures in the middle of the week before Christmas, when no-one will have an inch of space for them.

No chance of a spread like the EPL got in July, and gets every year.

Send them to the clubs then, and have a splash a week later when the papers are gagging for news. Launch the damn thing, don't just release it.

Good at least that we know when to expect them but that's about the height of it.

ger121
06/11/2018, 7:15 PM

You take that back!

nigel-harps1954
19/12/2018, 12:04 PM
F*ckin Bohs away...

El-Pietro
19/12/2018, 12:19 PM
Dundalk home and Rovers away are our last two home games of the season.

placid casual
19/12/2018, 12:24 PM
Assuming dalk die on their ar$e without an actual manager in place it will be a league shootout in Tallaght on the last day of the season, I guess.

dundalkfc10
19/12/2018, 12:39 PM
Assuming dalk die on their ar$e without an actual manager in place it will be a league shootout in Tallaght on the last day of the season, I guess.

We will have it won way before that :p

Rovers V Bohs play each other first on a Monday, 2nd on a Tuesday night!

The FAI couldnt give a toss!

Asterix
19/12/2018, 12:54 PM

Yeah ridiculous, as well as the rescheduled game because of europe.
Finn harps v Rovers on Monday 20th of may when neither team are playing on the friday 10th of may.

nigel-harps1954
19/12/2018, 12:58 PM
Yeah ridiculous, as well as the rescheduled game because of europe.
Finn harps v Rovers on Monday 20th of may when neither team are playing on the friday 10th of may.

Up to both clubs to reschedule that. I'd hope someone in those clubs will look at it too.

brendy_éire
19/12/2018, 3:09 PM
Following on from two scheduled Cork ones last season (three in total), Derry now have two midweek fixtures against Waterford this season.
Silly stuff.

sidewayspasser
19/12/2018, 3:16 PM
The fixtures list looks similarly front-loaded as it was this year. Especially April and May look very busy. But how could one assume the FAI would learn...

Mr A
19/12/2018, 4:05 PM
Harps will have our league campaign halfway on May 20th, just over 3 months into season. Then it takes five and a half months to complete the rest, including a September with only 2 league games, both away from home.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/12/2018, 4:55 PM
12 games in April / May and 12 games in the next 4 months. They’re clueless.

Charlie Darwin
21/12/2018, 2:23 AM

Having a derby on a midweek probably makes sense from a logistical point of view as you'll still get a decent crowd. But it's completely inconsistent from last year when all the big derbies were on Fridays. It's like they don't really think things through...

Charlie Darwin
21/12/2018, 2:29 AM
Up to both clubs to reschedule that. I'd hope someone in those clubs will look at it too.
You'd think the FAI would have used some common sense and spotted it themselves. But I guess they're just generated on set of fixtures and then shoved them into the other three rounds so I'm probably expecting too much. You'd imagine it's in both team's interests to reschedule. It'd be the difference between 200 Rovers fans travelling and 20, and I'm sure the home attendance would be a lot bigger too.

seand
21/12/2018, 1:47 PM
Isn't the Rovers-Harps game shifted because Tala is not available the scheduled night?

Having derbies on a Monday night is less disruptive, but if shifting a game to a Monday night knocks 40% off a crowd most clubs would rather have their less attractive games on a Monday and leave the big ones on Fridays

Charlie Darwin
21/12/2018, 2:50 PM
Isn't the Rovers-Harps game shifted because Tala is not available the scheduled night?

Having derbies on a Monday night is less disruptive, but if shifting a game to a Monday night knocks 40% off a crowd most clubs would rather have their less attractive games on a Monday and leave the big ones on Fridays
No, this is the game in Ballybofey.