PDA

View Full Version : What are the League at

gufct
04/04/2005, 10:40 AM
The first series of midweek fixtures are set for the same time as the champions League Quarter final.If Galway -v- Sligo was on next friday we would expect a gate of 2,000 people but as Liverpool are on the box tomorrow night we will be lucky to get 1,000.It just doesnt make sense.

Dublin City are a joke and are holding up the league to ridicule our game this week was firstly down for Thursday,Then Saturday,Then Friday and now finally Sunday in Richmond rather than Tolka.How they were allowed a UEFA licence is beyond me. :mad:

pburkeg
04/04/2005, 9:32 PM
thats about €5000 in gate money. and the club are always on about money
same last year, fixture was postponed till following night and at a late stage costing about €1500
people would want to consider the consequences of messing with fixtures it no good for the marketing of the league... thats the great thing about cross channell 3 oclock saturday right through all the divisions bar televised live games and this is all sorted before the season starts so everyone knows where they stand.

Breifne
10/04/2005, 10:50 PM
Dublin City are a joke and are holding up the league to ridicule our game this week was firstly down for Thursday,Then Saturday,Then Friday and now finally Sunday in Richmond rather than Tolka.How they were allowed a UEFA licence is beyond me. :mad:

Thats a valid statement considering what you know, but if you will just let me point out a few simple facts.

the only teams which were supposed to share grounds were Rovers & Bohs in the Premier Division, and Shels and Dublin City in the Prem / First Divisions.

Its not particularly difficult to ensure that this sides do not clash.

Most Schoolboy, Junior / Ladies Leagues in the country can easily accomodate ground sharing, and team doubling up, across many divisions, at many different levels.

How, supposedly, the FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL adminstrators of the Highest level League in the country can set the fixtures to clash no fewer than 8 times during the course of the season is a huge **** up.

As shels only have 16/17 home games, it means that for 50% of their games they clash with Dublin City.

This was completely out of the hands of Dublin City, who had agreed with Kildare to reverse their fixtures which would have solved 2 of the eight clashes, only for the league to veto that.

ITs not the clubs fault, its merrion square's (I know its not really like the eircom League to make a mistake is it!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;)