PDA

View Full Version : Drogs keen on Georgie

iceman
03/04/2005, 8:19 PM
Rumours on the Drogs MB that they intend to make a bid for Georgie when the transfer market opens up. Any word down there?

http://drogs.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=3147

adamcarr
03/04/2005, 8:28 PM
Rumours on the Drogs MB that they intend to make a bid for Georgie when the transfer market opens up. Any word down there?

http://drogs.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=3147
To be honest I doubt Georgie would sign for anoth EL team!

iceman
03/04/2005, 8:31 PM
Apparently Doolin did have discussions with him in the wake of Dolans departure and he was pretty impressed with the set-up at Drogland. Interesting times ahead.

adamcarr
03/04/2005, 8:32 PM
Apparently Doolin did have discussions with him in the wake of Dolans departure and he was pretty impressed with the set-up at Drogland. Interesting times ahead.
I still would be absolutely shocked if Georgie left CCFC! The man is City through and through!

rebel army no1
03/04/2005, 8:40 PM
i think there is no way he would ever join another el team if his life depended on it

thecorner
03/04/2005, 8:46 PM
Rumours on the Drogs MB

exactly.....rumours

anybody can start a feckin rumour on a message board :rolleyes:

Fair_play_boy
03/04/2005, 8:47 PM
Apparently Doolin did have discussions with him in the wake of Dolans departure and he was pretty impressed with the set-up at Drogland. Interesting times ahead.That's probably the key to it. Georgie was apparently upset about Pat Dolan's departure, and probably said things as you do.

shedite
04/04/2005, 2:04 AM

yeah one word - bullsh1t :p

patsh
04/04/2005, 8:32 AM
Ridiculous....:rolleyes:

"George, are you going to Drogheda because you are upset over Pat Dolan?"
Georgie: "Where is Drogheda? Pat who?"...:confused:

:D

Pablo
04/04/2005, 1:42 PM
That'd be a huge step down for him. i doubt Drogs could afford the transfer fee or his wages anyway

pete
04/04/2005, 2:24 PM
That'd be a huge step down for him. i doubt Drogs could afford the transfer fee or his wages anyway

Drogs will be broke soon anyway.

Cosmo
04/04/2005, 2:26 PM
'Drogs will be broke soon anyway.'

.............. please explain :confused:

pete
04/04/2005, 2:32 PM
'Drogs will be broke soon anyway.'

.............. please explain :confused:

Directors are not going to fund loses continually. I get the impression ye will need to replace current directors when they run out of cash? Gates of 1500-2000 couldn't be paying for fulltime squad. Will probably be ok when new stadium finished but seems like that could be a way off as not started yet? Even european games are not likely to bring in much cash as would have to move game to dublin & crowds would suffer.

razor
04/04/2005, 2:35 PM
Every player has a price.
Lets see what they are offering before turning them down.

Cosmo
04/04/2005, 2:50 PM
'I get the impression ye will need to replace current directors when they run out of cash?'

They're in it for another couple of years yet - and t they're setting up structures that that they hope will make up for the money they would've put in in future seasons. To be honest I was of the exact same opinion of ye up til the start of this season. However they seem to be getting the structures in place, slowly but surely.

First time in our history that we've sold all ground advert, prog advert, match and ball sponosrships - put in the odd big fundraiser like our horsey draw and we're flying. Also add main sponsor money of 100k for future seasons. Many other big fundraisers too - things like the 500 club has been a great success.

Still a shortfall imo but not as big as you're making out by saying 'Drogs will be broke soon anyway.' That could be said for any club in the country so dont pick on us ;)

If they dont have the structures in place by the time they pack it in, fair enough, we probably wont be able to stay fully fulltime (probably could afford half and half), but we've another couple of seasons yet - even if all doesnt go to plan so we're just going to enjoy it for the moment!!

adamd164
04/04/2005, 5:05 PM
I could sum it up with one sentance:

George O'Callaghan would never EVER leave for another eL club.

iceman
04/04/2005, 8:43 PM
I could sum it up with one sentance:

George O'Callaghan would never EVER leave for another eL club.

Time will tell - Drogs are about the only EL club who can afford him.

pete
05/04/2005, 10:18 AM
Still a shortfall imo but not as big as you're making out by saying 'Drogs will be broke soon anyway.' That could be said for any club in the country so dont pick on us ;)

Nice to see you picked up on my overstatement. ;)

The history of the eL/LOI is littered with numerous directors but totally relies on replacing them with people with more money to spend on their hobby.

We spoke to (had to presume he some sort of director) guy in your club bar last year after last visit to United Park & i just thought he was getting away with himself and all the new signings.

I know ye slagged off the Inter Two Bob Cup last year but would ye be happy with it this season? (assuming ot still exisits)

patsh
05/04/2005, 11:09 AM
Drogheda supposedly looking at Dominick Foley as well.

Is Doolin turning into the new Pat Dolan......:D

Cosmo
05/04/2005, 4:00 PM
Pete - I cant ever recall slagging the intertoto - sure ye make feck all from it. With the money thats been invested Doolo has to deliver so top 3 is expected (but sure coming 3rd is the same as coming 9th seen as that wont get ye into your europe).

Like I know what you're saying - I once had the same view but I reckon worst case scenario is that the directors leave and we'll be starting from scratch - we wont be in any debt when they leave (which would leave us healthier than alot of other EL clubs. Why speculate anyway? Nobody know what will happen with any EL club over the next 4 or 5 years - its just take each day as it comes for Eirocm League supporters!!

Troy.McClure
05/04/2005, 5:37 PM

With George being under contract an' all, are you saying that Doolin & Droghada Utd are tapping up George?

Tut tut, ye're trying to be like Chelsea too much! :p

ccfcman
09/04/2005, 12:29 PM
where's all this cash coming from?

REVIP
09/04/2005, 12:39 PM

Talking to one of the Drogheda businessmen at the Carlisle Grounds last night, they seem to have no less than seven backers with deep pockets. Someone gave them another 50k yesterday. He said the wage bill for the season would be 1.5 m - and that players were on 1500-1700 a week.

Every imaginable thing is sponsored.

Looks like Drogheda are going to be the eL Chelsea.

patsh
09/04/2005, 12:50 PM
I've ALWAYS had my suspicions about Drogheda, mainly based on thier geographical location.
But maybe I'm just jealous!

Cosmo
09/04/2005, 7:55 PM
'I've ALWAYS had my suspicions about Drogheda, mainly based on thier geographical location.'

... and wtf does that mean?

patsh
10/04/2005, 11:16 AM
'I've ALWAYS had my suspicions about Drogheda, mainly based on thier geographical location.'

I'm fairly sure that you know......:D

Longfordian
10/04/2005, 11:57 AM
As the lads in Section O used to sing..'How much is that tank of red diesel, how much did the IRA pay?'..In jest before the Drogs get too worked up about it.

Drogman.
11/04/2005, 2:15 PM

You amaze me at times, Cosmo. Apologies for my friend, he's not usually this stupid :eek: Normally its only once a a fortnight :rolleyes:

iceman
11/04/2005, 8:08 PM
He said the wage bill for the season would be 1.5 m - and that players were on 1500-1700 a week.

Must be true if they can pay that money to Tony Bird every week to sit in the stand in a nice warm tracksuit.