PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Carrick United

kevincronin2000
03/04/2005, 4:53 PM
Cork City won 2-1. Long and O'Donavan

adamd164
03/04/2005, 5:09 PM
sh1t crowd. they could have equalised near the end.

disappointed derek didn't play :(

De Town
03/04/2005, 5:13 PM
Your well on the way to winning your 1 and only trophy this season lads ;) :D

Citygirl
03/04/2005, 5:36 PM
Shane Longs goal was brilliant.really worked hard to get it.. the Carrick players really seemed intent on doing some damage to shane and im surprised that he managed to walk off the pitch at the end of the game. I'm trying to decide if it was just 'cos they were so worried bout the damage that he could have caused or if they couldnt handle their fellow tipp man playing for city..reminded me of when the youths played corbally a couple of years ago and the corbally players were abusing denis behan left, right n centre cos he was playing wit Cork. Anyway back to today Tynan looked lively n had a good game. Roy O'Donovan did well and got a goal but cant understand why Fenn just didnt take a shot himself? Was surprised to see the carrick player get up so easily after lallys free kick.thought he'd been knocked out for a second. Ray Lally seems to be after coming on an awful lot. Kevin Murray reminded me of his namesake Dan which cant be good. Nults did well in goal. Carrick wasted so many chances in the first half particularly

Rebal Boy
03/04/2005, 7:49 PM
What was the crowd like? I couldn,t make it today. I think that competition is rubbish anyway. I don't know why City even bothar putting a team in it. :confused: If they win it, it will be 10 in a row. Its BIG competitions we want to win mainley the League or the FAI Cup.

irisheagle
03/04/2005, 9:52 PM
Shane Longs goal was brilliant.really worked hard to get it.. the Carrick players really seemed intent on doing some damage to shane and im surprised that he managed to walk off the pitch at the end of the game. I'm trying to decide if it was just 'cos they were so worried bout the damage that he could have caused or if they couldnt handle their fellow tipp man playing for city..reminded me of when the youths played corbally a couple of years ago and the corbally players were abusing denis behan left, right n centre cos he was playing wit Cork. Anyway back to today Tynan looked lively n had a good game. Roy O'Donovan did well and got a goal but cant understand why Fenn just didnt take a shot himself? Was surprised to see the carrick player get up so easily after lallys free kick.thought he'd been knocked out for a second. Ray Lally seems to be after coming on an awful lot. Kevin Murray reminded me of his namesake Dan which cant be good. Nults did well in goal. Carrick wasted so many chances in the first half particularly

In the name of the lord what game were you watching !!!.

A face
03/04/2005, 10:13 PM
In the name of the lord what game were you watching !!!.

Give us your version so !! :eek:

irisheagle
03/04/2005, 11:51 PM
1. Shane Longs goal was offside.
2. Your comment "the Carrick players really seemed intent on doing some damage to shane and im surprised that he managed to walk off the pitch" ..... is a joke and not fair on the opposition, (a) the first clash was 50:50, the second was late but certainly not a bad tackle, no worse then some handed out by Cork players.
3. The Carrick lad hit by lally's free kick seemed to be enjoyed by the Cork supporters laughting .... rather sad I felt
4. Have to agree no. 5 was poor, but the Carrick striker is a good player.
5. Carrick wasted so many chances in the first half particularly agreed, but so did Cork. It was a good open game of ball, credit to a junior team for taking the game to Cork.

Remember Carrick are a junior team, minus regulars today, they played very well in my opinion. They should have had a penalty near the end but the ref and his lineman bottled it. The Carrick supporters were rightly angered by a rather sleepy referee. The lineman got the Carrick youngester send off late on, but its the linesman the should be carded for not awarding the penalty, it was so obvious its untrue.

The crowd was small mostly from Carrick, this game should have been played in Carrick, were a crowd of over 3,000 would have been expected. But Cork refused to travel.

thecorner
04/04/2005, 12:22 AM
2. Your comment "the Carrick players really seemed intent on doing some damage to shane and im surprised that he managed to walk off the pitch" ..... is a joke and not fair on the opposition, (a) the first clash was 50:50, the second was late but certainly not a bad tackle, no worse then some handed out by Cork players.
3. The Carrick lad hit by lally's free kick seemed to be enjoyed by the Cork supporters laughting .... rather sad I felt
5. Carrick wasted so many chances in the first half particularly agreed, but so did Cork. It was a good open game of ball, credit to a junior team for taking the game to Cork.

Remember Carrick are a junior team, minus regulars today, they played very well in my opinion. They should have had a penalty near the end but the ref and his lineman bottled it. The Carrick supporters were rightly angered by a rather sleepy referee. The lineman got the Carrick youngester send off late on, but its the linesman the should be carded for not awarding the penalty, it was so obvious its untrue.

The crowd was small mostly from Carrick, this game should have been played in Carrick, were a crowd of over 3,000 would have been expected. But Cork refused to travel.

must be a carrick fan then :rolleyes:

patsh
04/04/2005, 8:41 AM
Carrick tried hard yesterday, were full of determination and did "take the game" to City. But be realistic, thats all they did. It was a poor game, what little football there was, was played by City. There was one decent Carrick player, the right-winger, who quickly spotted McNulty's fondness for playing way to far of his line and had a few lobs/shots in the first half that nearly caught him out. Second half though, he was anonymous.

Citygirl
04/04/2005, 10:14 AM

1. Was at the other end of the ground for this so can't comment if it was offside or not. However, you cannot deny the sheer class in the way Shane made and took his goal.
2. The Carrick players couldn't handle shanes wonderful talent and must have felt the only way to stop him was to kick the living daylights out of him
3. I'm sure if you are a Carrick supporter and it was a city player who had been hit with such force then you'd probably have laughed (and I am NOT saying that I found it amusing!) All I can say is that he is lucky it wasn't behan who hit the ball off his head 'cos he definitely would have been knocked out then.
4. Carrick striker missed some absolutely shocking shots, that he really should have put away
5. Fair dues to Carrick for doing well but remember that was our reserve team playing yesterday and most those players haven't played 90 minutes of ball since November.

As for most of the crowd being from Carrick - I wouldn't agree with that. Yes they were more vocal than the City crowd but I think it was just about even if not more city heads. Why should City have travelled? The game was played in the MUNSTER Football Associations grounds and the game was in the Munster Senior Cup. City were right to refuse to travel. The final was played in Carrick last year. Seems about right they were to travel this year.

razor
04/04/2005, 10:45 AM
The final was played in Carrick last year. Seems about right they were to travel this year.Last years final was played in Ozier Park in Waterford.

patsh
04/04/2005, 10:56 AM
BTW, Did anyone see City's BIGGEST fan at the game?..;)
Didn't notice him myself.......:p

pete
04/04/2005, 1:01 PM
I'm sure most of the city team were probably match unfit as not been any u-21 games yet this season?

Good to see Rico put out a 2nd string team as i thought Dolan was too keen to play half his first team in these minor games last year.

Éanna
04/04/2005, 3:59 PM
BTW, Did anyone see City's BIGGEST fan at the game?..;)
Didn't notice him myself.......:p
only REAL fans go to Munster Senior Cup games :rolleyes: :D

Citygirl
04/04/2005, 4:44 PM
Last years final was played in Ozier Park in Waterford.

ooopppsss!!! so it was..sorry!

irisheagle
04/04/2005, 9:02 PM
Carrick tried hard yesterday, were full of determination and did "take the game" to City. But be realistic, thats all they did. It was a poor game, what little football there was, was played by City. There was one decent Carrick player, the right-winger, who quickly spotted McNulty's fondness for playing way to far of his line and had a few lobs/shots in the first half that nearly caught him out. Second half though, he was anonymous.

The Carrick righter winger was switched to the left in the second peroid

patsh
05/04/2005, 6:46 AM
The Carrick righter winger was switched to the left in the second peroid
Aha, that explains it! He gave Greg a bit of a handful in the second half, it was from a dreadful mistake by Greg that they got their goal.

ollie
05/04/2005, 6:55 PM
how many were at the game?