PDA

View Full Version : Football for Kids (Non Competitive please!)

MervilleUnited
03/04/2005, 2:16 PM
:) Sligo Town based club looking for football for Under 8, Under 9 and Under 10s. Under 8s and Under 9s, 7 a side. Under 10s 9 or 11 a side. With thanks to HarpsBear (TBA) and Derek (TBA)!!

Prefer North West for the younger kids, travel sickness etc :eek:

Mad Moose
04/04/2005, 10:26 AM
Now RD its time for me to send you an invitation to your club and all its participants to flock North to Donegal.

Direction's so you can hold on to them. Arrive in Donegal Town from the Sligo Road. You will be taking the first turn-off into the town which will by the time you arrive be a roundabout (Don't ask!!!!!) You'll see a sign, Donegal Town 5km. Pass Abbott Ireland and take the next right with a sign for Donegal Craft Village. Drive straight on for about a mile, through meanandering hills and just when you think you are lost you'll stumble across what I would regard as an idyllic setting.

I know we have further 'competition' in May which as the year seems to be flying is not that far away. So if possible with yourselves the fixture could be organised for the end of May. We have inter-firms competition in June so possibly middle to end of May.

Youse will be made very welcome to the more beautiful and attractive parts of the North West!!!!

This gives me plenty of time to lobby the wains and get a good gathering of same.

Feel free to contact me at any time RD.

I'm also putting out the same call.For anybody who would like a game organised for U-8's U-9's and U-10's. Home and away or just home or away.

Thank you,

Brendan Grufferty,PRO
Drumbar Utd F.C
Donegal

Mad Moose
04/04/2005, 10:29 AM
:)
Prefer North West for the younger kids, travel sickness etc :eek:

WTF!!! Is it a case that travelling in the North West guarantee's travel sickness. I get it every time I travel through Sligo.

Brendan

MervilleUnited
04/04/2005, 6:46 PM
WTF!!! Is it a case that travelling in the North West guarantee's travel sickness. I get it every time I travel through Sligo.

Brendan

Now Now Brendan! :) !!

Just finishing our U12 Season this week, will get my thoughts together after that!! :ball:

MervilleUnited
18/04/2005, 7:22 PM
Time for the rematch :) for the Mighty Drumbar Challenge!
Saturday Week is the plan, U8, U9 and U10 if possible, 7 a side!
Let me know if OK :D

RD

Mad Moose
19/04/2005, 6:11 PM
Jaysus RD I'll have to check that wan out and get back to ya sor. I haven't been here for a while and I know our U-12's kicked off their season in fine style last weekend against Erne Wanderers. They're home this weekend so possibly away that weekend. Here I better get cracking then. I was out on Monday evening and the field turned to a mud bath after such heavy rain but it should be ok tho the weather is still bad. The few hours of sun will have made a huge difference today. Youse 'll be more than welcome up and i'll get organised.It'll have to be an afternoon for my entire U-10 squad is away training Saturday mornings with the Four Masters/Gaelic training so there are few available.

Don't do anything yet and I'll get back to ya.

Brendan

Mad Moose
19/04/2005, 6:13 PM
I'll have no bother sor with U-8's, U-9's and U-10's and 7 aside sounds alrite to me.

Just leave the date with me.

Brendan

MervilleUnited
20/04/2005, 6:18 PM
No Probs,

We are playing local Side Real Tubber this weekend, at the 3 levels, and Leitrims Finest Manor Rangers are lined up soon. If all goes well, and the weather clears up!, the plan is for a five team tourney in late may, with possibly yourselves and St Pauls Artane making up the teams for a challange. Could be called the foot.ie Cup! :D

Mad Moose
21/04/2005, 9:40 AM
No Probs,

We are playing local Side Real Tubber this weekend, at the 3 levels, and Leitrims Finest Manor Rangers are lined up soon. If all goes well, and the weather clears up!, the plan is for a five team tourney in late may, with possibly yourselves and St Pauls Artane making up the teams for a challange. Could be called the foot.ie Cup! :D

Not such a bad idea. I can see that really taking off.I'll leave the lobbying of the necessary individuals to you. I could also see my young players running out in a shirt sponsored by Foot.ie. Christ if they sponsored the competition and put up the trophy I'll guarantee the necessary publicity exposure.

Brendan

Derek
21/04/2005, 12:17 PM
The Foot.ie CUP
Where and when, who's club? what sort of format?

Mad Moose
21/04/2005, 12:46 PM
Since our club is the most scenic (Merville have the Showgrounds) I propose we host it. Its confirmed I take it.

Brendan

MervilleUnited
21/04/2005, 7:30 PM
Great to see that that idea sparked a little interest :D

Just a couple pf points:
Indeed the lads in Gods own country (Donegal, if you are not keeping up :) ) could host the foot.ie cup!
Blitz format 8 teams max, 2 groups of 4, top2 in each group play off for cup, bottom 2 play off for shield, all recieve a momento! 50 euro per team, 400euro should cover all costs. one age group at a weekend. Come to think of it, Brendan U10s, Riche Under 9s, and Derek Under 8s (Hosting), sounds good to me! Each host to invite the 5 other teams.

A runner! :ball:

Mad Moose
22/04/2005, 9:38 AM
This is a big one sor. Might take alot of organisation but this would indeed make some competition. Here lads distance is no object. I'd be more than prepared to travel and I would have no problem rallying the young fella's. Just an idea here but I would have to run with U-8's, U-9's and U-10's separately. i.e This competition would have to take place over a period of time.

Have a think about it and if this is a runner we'll get the necessary heads together. I'm in in any case.

Brendan

Mad Moose
26/04/2005, 5:05 PM
Time for the rematch :) for the Mighty Drumbar Challenge!
Saturday Week is the plan, U8, U9 and U10 if possible, 7 a side!
Let me know if OK :D

RD

Sorry Richie. Just getting back to ya now sor. This weekend is now too short notice but it would have been ideal. I had a turnout of 50 on Monday night so things are going very well even though I'm absolutely shattered. We could go for the following Saturday but this will have to be Saturday evening or Sunday Morning. Saturday morning is out with GAA training so I have a small turnout there.

Leaving that with ya!!

Brendan

MervilleUnited
26/04/2005, 6:29 PM
Brendan.
Sunday afternoon 8th May, K.O. 1pm? :D

Have a go?!

RD

Mad Moose
27/04/2005, 9:24 AM
Brendan.
Sunday afternoon 8th May, K.O. 1pm? :D

Have a go?!

RD

I'll confirm this with the wains and we'll take it from there.

Brendan

Mad Moose
29/04/2005, 6:19 PM
How would the Saturday afternoon of that very weekend suit. U-12's are away I think but we've plenty of room.

Richie did ya ever get the goal posts. We're still searching for a second pair.

Brendan