PDA

View Full Version : FLYNNY & DOYLER

thecorner
03/04/2005, 11:46 AM
just got a text there saying that in today's people saying that both flynny and doyler could now be on their way to reading

tiktok
03/04/2005, 11:54 AM
just got a text there saying that in today's people saying that both flynny and doyler could now be on their way to reading

Can see Doyler being good enough, but to be honest, Flynny hasn't produced it in over a year. If they were interested in him based on form leading up to that they'd already have moved for him, so I'd have my doubts about the story.

To be honest, I expect to lose both at some stage this season/end of the season, once they don't move to another EL team and once we get an appropriate price for them, there's not much else we can do, especially in Doyler's case, money for Flynn would be a bonus, he was leaving at the end of the season on a free anyway.

it'd be a shame but hardly unexpected :(

yan
03/04/2005, 12:38 PM
who would we replace them with??

zayed looked good against us from bray

thecorner
03/04/2005, 12:45 PM
who would we replace them with??

zayed looked good against us from bray

well.. we only need a replacement for doyler...flynny is back up to behan now :D

yan
03/04/2005, 12:46 PM
true, who wud have thought we wud be saying that 2 weeks ago! ;)

thecorner
03/04/2005, 1:19 PM
why not go after spillanes fav player Declan "fabio" o brien from drogs :rolleyes:

dont think georgie would welcome him with open-arms :D

A face
03/04/2005, 2:31 PM
There is nothing on the Reading site .... infact i cant find anything about it at all. I dunno is this another Noel Spillane type rumour .... you know, to get people to buy more papers by printing complete and utter lies .... i dont think we should rule that out just yet.

tiktok
03/04/2005, 2:36 PM
There is A Face if you go to the fanzine website and also at the bottom here (http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0275readingfc/0100news/tm_objectid=15351771&method=full&siteid=50102&headline=fit-again-les-ready-to-lead-the-way-name_page.html), but it seems to be all based on a rumour that started in the Irish Mirror, not sure how much truth is in this.

A face
03/04/2005, 2:45 PM
rumour that started in the Irish Mirror, not sure how much truth is in this.

How many papers did they sell ...... half this stuff is complete tripe, just to try and sell more ..... so we dont know what we can believe unless there is something for either club.

Big Red Bench Today might have an idea !!

It'd be good to find out how much Brian Lennox thinks a league title the lads are worth ??

With all the advances the club has made .... maybe they didn't factor in the lack of ambition and that we'd sell our souls in the morning.

Éanna
03/04/2005, 4:02 PM
Its inevitable that we'll get an offer for Doyler at some stage soon, the guy is probably the best player in the league right now. Flynny hasn't produced any decent form recently and with his injuries, I'd be amazed if anyone was willing to move for him. If anyone wants Doyle they should have to stump up some SERIOUS cash. Rumour has it waherfur are getting £100k for Murphy, Doyler's worth 3 times that at least IMO. That is IF any of this is true- I smell shít-stirring in all of this TBH :rolleyes:

pete
03/04/2005, 4:15 PM
If anyone wants Doyle they should have to stump up some SERIOUS cash. Rumour has it waherfur are getting £100k for Murphy, Doyler's worth 3 times that at least IMO. That is IF any of this is true- I smell shít-stirring in all of this TBH :rolleyes:

I rate Murphy a lot as a centre forward but Doyler is one of the most complete players to ever play for city. He hasn't started the season with a bang but will be a long season.

I don't think Doyler will be in any hurry to go abroad & i don't see city in a hurry to sell him either. I'd hate to see him leave & i'm sure Lennox knows selling a players cheaply would send out bad signals to supporters.

Could we fool Reading into taking O'Flynn instead of Doyler? ;)

Soko
03/04/2005, 7:57 PM
O'Flynn, 22, is being tipped for a place in the full Republic of Ireland side while Doyle, 20, is attracting plenty of other interest from Britain.

LMAO, thats sounds like a pretty good rumour alright :rolleyes:

Fair_play_boy
03/04/2005, 8:49 PM
O'Flynn, 22, is being tipped for a place in the full Republic of Ireland side while Doyle, 20, is attracting plenty of other interest from Britain.

LMAO, thats sounds like a pretty good rumour alright :rolleyes:Was it dated first of April by any chance? :rolleyes:

razor
04/04/2005, 8:38 AM
I'd bite their hand off for a few bob for O'Flynn.
He has not produced for this club in a long time and is far too injury prone.

patsh
04/04/2005, 8:43 AM
I'd bite their hand off for a few bob for O'Flynn.
He has not produced for this club in a long time and is far too injury prone.
I'd agree with that, but maybe now that Rico really won't bring him back until he is satisfied that Flynnie is fit, we may see an improvement in John's form and attitude.

thecorner
04/04/2005, 10:54 AM
I'd agree with that, but maybe now that Rico really won't not bring him back until he is satisfied that Flynnie is fit, we may see an improvement in John's form and attitude.

if he gets in ahead of behan :eek:

ollie
04/04/2005, 12:29 PM
john was plagued with injuries when he was in england and the same thing has been happening to him lately so hopefully he'll get back to his peak soon like he did when he came here first.

pete
04/04/2005, 1:09 PM
O'Flynn was unreal in his first season. Scored goals for fun, rarely missed a chance & was probably only hampered by average city team. Unfortunately i can't ever see him returning to that form.

It is proof of the maturity of the city squad that don't rely on individual players so much anymore. Remember when O'Flynn was injured & team couldn't buy a goal.

ollie
04/04/2005, 3:14 PM
O'Flynn was unreal in his first season. Scored goals for fun, rarely missed a chance & was probably only hampered by average city team. Unfortunately i can't ever see him returning to that form.

It is proof of the maturity of the city squad that don't rely on individual players so much anymore. Remember when O'Flynn was injured & team couldn't buy a goal.

this is sort of the same situation though as the last time.he's still quite young.