Pats v Derry
Sligo v Shams
Waterford v Lims

MONDAY -

Finn Harps v Limerick FC

FRIDAY 2nd NOVEMBER -

Limerick FC v Finn Harps

------------------------------------

what restage*will Tommy barrett give his players for the lims match v Waterford?(Dundalk,few seasons back wouldn't do that :) )
The play-off match is the one i'm really looking forward to this weekend.

*Not an actual word

osarusan
26/10/2018, 8:31 AM
We rested a few players against Pats, and will probably rest some more tonight. Our squad isn't even big enough to rest as many as we'd like.

I also don't know which (if any) of our players are one yellow away from a suspension, but I certainly hope they are rested.

Should be an absolute canter for Waterford, as it was for Pats last week.

I can't imagine there will be too many away fans at it either. There will be a good few like me who would normally be there but are thinking of Monday instead.

brendy_éire
26/10/2018, 11:43 AM
Should be an absolute canter for Waterford, as it was for Pats last week.

The match has been pulled from Paddy Power, Bet365, etc. Suspicious betting on a Limerick win being the reason.

I'd expect nothing less than a handy win for Pat's against Derry tonight. The squad seems to be in disarray, players/managers storming out of training sessions, if you believe the rumours.

marinobohs
26/10/2018, 2:32 PM
If Dundalk rest about 17 players for the cup final and have a bit of an off day, we might nick a draw ;)

micls
26/10/2018, 2:34 PM
The match has been pulled from Paddy Power, Bet365, etc. Suspicious betting on a Limerick win being the reason.

I'd expect nothing less than a handy win for Pat's against Derry tonight. The squad seems to be in disarray, players/managers storming out of training sessions, if you believe the rumours.

Almost 100k gone on the game on betfair. Insane.

joey B
26/10/2018, 2:50 PM
Will that be another court case?

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2018, 3:35 PM
Crazy money, obviously something not right there. What happens in this situation? Does anyway have a chat with the ref or Waterford and ask if they were approached?

Longfordian
26/10/2018, 3:39 PM
Apparently it may have been sparked by false rumours that Waterford players hadn’t been paid this week and were going to throw the game. I saw something about screenshots of WhatsApp messages.

micls
26/10/2018, 3:47 PM
Apparently it may have been sparked by false rumours that Waterford players hadn’t been paid this week and were going to throw the game. I saw something about screenshots of WhatsApp messages.

Have these people seen Limerick? Waterford could try to throw the game and still win.

bennocelt
26/10/2018, 5:38 PM
Bray at 25/1 PP (50/1 with power up promotion) is well worth a punt, considering Cork might rest a few in view of their cup game? What ya think?

micls
26/10/2018, 5:54 PM
Bray at 25/1 PP (50/1 with power up promotion) is well worth a punt, considering Cork might rest a few in view of their cup game? What ya think?

The opposite. We've been resting players the last few weeks, and winning comfortably.

I'd expect close to the full first team to start tonight. It'l be their first time playing together since the semi.

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 5:55 PM
Bray are surely as likely to beat a relaxing Cork as Limerick would be to beat an unpaid Waterford?

micls
26/10/2018, 6:40 PM
As expected, very strong team out. There'l be no relaxing tonight, there's lads playing for a cup final spot.

GCdfc
26/10/2018, 6:43 PM
No toilets for away fans in Dalymount.

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 6:49 PM
1-0 Waterford after two minutes.

The bookies will be pleased.

joey B
26/10/2018, 6:57 PM
And Limerick equalize

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 7:00 PM
And Waterford score again

ayeboy
26/10/2018, 7:03 PM
What sort of team have limerick out tonight...are they resting many?

micls
26/10/2018, 7:09 PM
1 nil City. Sadlier.

bennocelt
26/10/2018, 7:10 PM
The opposite. We've been resting players the last few weeks, and winning comfortably.

I'd expect close to the full first team to start tonight. It'l be their first time playing together since the semi.

Damn wish i had seen that before i did my bet, lol. :p

micls
26/10/2018, 7:15 PM
2 nil. Morrisey

micls
26/10/2018, 7:21 PM
3 nil. Sadlier again

micls
26/10/2018, 7:28 PM
4 nil. McNamee. Pats 3 up on Derry. Bohs 1 up on Dundalk. Sligo 1 up on Shams

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 7:52 PM
5-0 Cork.

Just another 4 and Bray will have shipped a ton. First to do so since that woejus Galway team I think?

How they beat Derry last week I don't know

micls
26/10/2018, 7:52 PM
Hatrick for Sadlier puts him 2nd top scorer in the league, above Cummins.

If he started more games he wouldn't be far off the 20.

Bray score 1.

brendy_éire
26/10/2018, 8:25 PM
I thought it'd be bad, but this is a disgrace.
Shiels, along with the greater part of the squad, sure have to be gone.

brendy_éire
26/10/2018, 8:37 PM
Finished 8th, third last.
70 goals conceded, a record.
5-0 tonight. Prior to Shiels taking over, our record defeat was 5-1 against Galway in 1988. We've broken that record several times in the past year few years.
16 points from the last 69.

Thank feck for Limerick being so poor. Harps would beat us in the playoff.

Treaty Gooner
26/10/2018, 8:54 PM
Have these people seen Limerick? Waterford could try to throw the game and still win.

True facts

Hulsey
26/10/2018, 9:24 PM
Thank god that seasons over

ToberonaTornado
26/10/2018, 9:47 PM
Dundalk snatch a draw from a match were Bohs were comfortably on top!:eek:
Only for Gary Rogers Dundalks goose would have been cooked at ht,pulled off some brilliant saves 1st half.
Bohs were v.good 1st half and @ the start of the 2nd half but seemed to run out of ideas & energy late on.

Headlines for Dundalk -

Stephen O'Donnell started a league match for the 1st time since early May and got 60 minutes under his belt.
Hoban hobbled off after getting injured in the lead-up to our goal and i hear he is on crutches with a strapped ankle.

Decent game i thought.

sbgawa
26/10/2018, 10:29 PM
Strange game in Sligo. Lethargic looking rovers should have been in front early from Gary Shaw one on one with keeper but of course missed (feel sorry for him he is obviously trying so hard just can't seem to score). Sligo played well in spells . Glad this season is done. Rovers fans gave a great send off to the team . Davy mc came over and threw his shirt in , suppose we've seen the last of him a d a few others. ...role on feb

da bishop
26/10/2018, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to the playoff games,hopefully decent crowds at both games .

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2018, 5:34 AM
Went to Bohs-Dundalk tonight, which Bohs should have won by a couple. If Long keeps that squad together they'll have a chance next year. Looking like it'll be a pretty competitive league.

trevy
27/10/2018, 7:05 AM
Comfortable win for Waterford last night. 3 goals in first 12 minutes so very lively start. There was also an incredible miss from Akinade when Hutchinson's free kick came back off the bar a couple of feet from goal. He hit the post when it seemed easier to score.
2 more goals in 2nd half with a deflected free kick from Hutchinson and header from John Martin after nice move.
There was an end of season party atmosphere with fans happy with our highest league finish since 1987 which is a fine achievement.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/10/2018, 7:55 AM
There we go putting in a half decent performance at home after being tripe there for most of the rest of the season. Giving us some hope to cling on to till the start of next season when it all falls apart again. The feckers.

Great first goal. Buckos first move needs to be getting Drennan signed up.

Ezeikial
27/10/2018, 8:35 AM
Went to Bohs-Dundalk tonight, which Bohs should have won by a couple. If Long keeps that squad together they'll have a chance next year. Looking like it'll be a pretty competitive league.

Spot on. Bohs battered Dundalk especially in the first half. They created loads of gilt edged chances. Rogers was probably the only Dundalk player who was up to normal levels.

Corcoran and Kelly were both excellent for Bohs who overall were a joy to watch

mcgonigle
27/10/2018, 9:24 AM

A chance of what? Europe?

Dalymountrower
27/10/2018, 9:29 AM
Spot on. Bohs battered Dundalk especially in the first half. They created loads of gilt edged chances. Rogers was probably the only Dundalk player who was up to normal levels.

Corcoran and Kelly were both excellent for Bohs who overall were a joy to watch
Some great football played by both sides last night. Bohs dominated for 70 minutes but Dundalk got stronger as fitness levels began to tell.If Long got to manage a full time team he could potentially rival Stephen Kenny
Great Dundalk crowd.They are a classy team, no doubt.Hopefully Hoban recovers.
Great performance from our young left back Kirk.Surely he must be Rovers bound to complete their collection?

ToberonaTornado
27/10/2018, 10:09 AM

whisper it.......ssheshhhh

*IRN bru cup*

CorribsideSteve
27/10/2018, 10:47 AM
Watched the stream of the Bohs match on skorlive. Have to agree with Ezekial's points. Bohs were very good, and are a joy to watch, but they visibly tired with about 25 to go. You could see Dundalk grabbing one, even at the death. The draw was a little harsh on them overall though, I thought. Keith Long's doing a fantastic job there. Was hard to see what happened to Hoban but he went straight down as the equalizer went in. Would be a bit of a blow for Dundalk heading into the final if he is out, but they're not a one-man team.

ToberonaTornado
27/10/2018, 12:03 PM
Watched the stream of the Bohs match on skorlive. Have to agree with Ezekial's points. Bohs were very good, and are a joy to watch, but they visibly tired with about 25 to go. You could see Dundalk grabbing one, even at the death. The draw was a little harsh on them overall though, I thought. Keith Long's doing a fantastic job there. Was hard to see what happened to Hoban but he went straight down as the equalizer went in. Would be a bit of a blow for Dundalk heading into the final if he is out, but they're not a one-man team.

I was at the match and was it difficult to know what happened but have been told he twisted his ankle as he spun away to celebrate Clearys goal.Freak incident.

marinobohs
27/10/2018, 12:19 PM
Cracking game at Dalymount, Bohs were excellent and probably deserved win (especially on first half display) but Dundalk were always in it at 1-0 and had chances especially late on (both before and after the equalizer). Speed, power and Fitness levels of Dundalk make them such an exceptional LOI side.
Excellent game to watch and a more than decent crowd make it another great night at Dalymount. Bohs, Dundalk and both sets of supporters put on a great advertisement for Irish football.

Jack B
27/10/2018, 1:54 PM
Derry looked like the season couldn't end quick enough for them. Started brightly enough but once it started to go against them the game was over.

Good way to end the season for us, did well to finish 5th in the end although I don't think that says much for the rest of the league given how frequently we underperformed. Looking forward to next season already, going to be a weird one without Bucko and Conan but encouraging signs that we've already got a few lads signed up for the next couple of years. Think we're only a couple of additions off properly challenging for Europe (assuming Waterford and Rovers don't drastically improve themselves).

pineapple stu
27/10/2018, 2:28 PM
And ye've qualified to turn down the Scottish Cup again :)

Would leave Bohs and Sligo again as the two next in line.

Charlie Darwin
27/10/2018, 3:08 PM
Europe or winning a cup, yeah.

ToberonaTornado
29/10/2018, 7:44 PM
1-0 to Harps at h-t(McCourt Pen)
Lims have had chances as well.

Anyone got a stream to the match(SkorLive don't seem to have it)or will i just have to stick with the radio commentary?

NeverFeltBetter
29/10/2018, 8:49 PM
Still have a chance to save things at home. With the form we've been in that's as much as I hoped for.

pineapple stu
29/10/2018, 8:50 PM
Result now.

Harps will have wanted more from the home leg I'm sure

MattB11
29/10/2018, 9:04 PM
We are very fortunate to be going down with a lead, limerick the better side

osarusan
29/10/2018, 9:11 PM
We had more of the ball but Harps were happy enough to let us have it and just keep their shape, as we struggled to create anything at all.

Sent countless crosses into the box, all dealt with fairly comfortably.

I'd imagine the second leg will look pretty similar.