PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere!

Red Soldier
03/04/2005, 12:09 AM
I was at the game tonight and was delighted to see a superior Rovers side come out on top,its nice to see ourselves at the top of the table.However although there were so many positives from tonights game i must draw one negative.There was a fantastic crowd at the game and they spurned the lads on but i think we must be more vocal still.We need somewhere until the shed is hopefully back in action to create an atmosphere,i didnt hear a chant all night tonight and its a shame that with the shed gone so has the chants and the craic that came with them.

Fairplay to the lads,a great result.

shedhead
03/04/2005, 12:43 AM
ya complete lack of atmosphere considering the crowd present.The shed does really need to be fixed cause a vocal home support could and will make a difference in many games. just look at how teams visiting back in the glory days used to **** themselves when there keeper was at the shed end.

Da Real Rover
03/04/2005, 11:35 AM
It was like a library for half of the match. No singing or chanting, only abuse came when the ref was a tit. I reckon that the shed was closed because of the abuse coming out of it rather than any kind of damage to the wall. So the Board aren't going to try and get the shed open, its going to be up to us to get it open again.

1 9 2 8
03/04/2005, 11:57 AM
The atmosphere was crap last night we're going to have organise something like an ultras group. I don't think the MC will ever open our shed again

sligoman
03/04/2005, 2:52 PM
There was a fantastic crowd at the game

Yeah there was. The Rovers website says there was 1600 people at it

Da Real Rover
04/04/2005, 7:16 AM
Yeah there was. The Rovers website says there was 1600 people at it
I'd say it was nearer to 2000 cause the kildare game was 1800 and there was more at the dundalk game.

redrov2005
04/04/2005, 12:12 PM
All it needs is for three or four people to get together and get the loan of a drum and that'll bring fans together and get a buzz going.

Longford and Derry fans don't travel in huge huge numbers but they bring a drum and create a fair old buzz and get behind their team.

I suggested before that the supporters clubs should be doing more to create an athmosphere.

In fairness the players are doing their best on the pitch and all it needs is for one or two people to get things going off it.

Da Real Rover
04/04/2005, 5:13 PM
The atmosphere was crap last night we're going to have organise something like an ultras group. I don't think the MC will ever open our shed again
Ya i definetly agree that we need sum sort of ultra or some kind of supporters group to stir up a hostile environment for the opposing team. And we should also start pressuring the board to give our shed back. Look at the difference at the showgrounds when then the shed is closed, its like a graveyard now!!!!

Conor H
04/04/2005, 7:18 PM
Never mind LOngford and derry our supporters club create a great atmosphere and we also have a drum. see yee tomorrow!