PDA

View Full Version : Keiron Dyer and Lee Bowyer

Longfordian
02/04/2005, 3:59 PM
They've been sent off for thumping each other on the pitch..what a nice pair of lads they are :p

centre mid
02/04/2005, 4:01 PM
They've continued down the tunnel

Fantastic

De Town
02/04/2005, 4:04 PM
They've been sent off for thumping each other on the pitch..what a nice pair of lads they are :p
Seriously :confused:

They are on the same team like :D

centre mid
02/04/2005, 4:09 PM
They are on the same team like :D[/QUOTE]

Well, Dyer not part of the national front

beautifulrock
02/04/2005, 4:16 PM
what a pair of jokers, just about sums the two of them up..idiots

Longfordian
02/04/2005, 4:28 PM
Seriously :confused:

They are on the same team like :D

Yeah, it's mad, they were knocking lumps out of each other in the tunnel too, what a pair of knobs, you'd expect no less from the pair of them.

the 12 th man
02/04/2005, 4:30 PM
i think it ended up with 3 newcastle players sent off :eek:

FarBeag
02/04/2005, 5:15 PM
Pure scum.They sat in a Press Conference afterwards like two naughty kids and apologised.Daddy Souness sat in the middle he is one scary mother fcuker...I see Roy Keane and Stephen Reid at a bit of go at eachother today,nothing serious.

Fergie's Son
02/04/2005, 11:46 PM
Who won the fight?

harry crumb
03/04/2005, 1:04 AM
What is it with Souness and his teams?

The worst thing is that these guys are rich and so its hard to punish them. That Bowyer lad is running out of chances.

Closed Account 2
03/04/2005, 2:01 AM
i think it ended up with 3 newcastle players sent off :eek:

Yeah 1st red card was laughable, Newcastle defender (Taylor or someone) hand balls a certain goal off the line, pauses for a second and then tries to pretend it hit him on the chest, screams and dives and rolls on the ground as tho he was in Gladiator... comical stuff. Still it means O'Brien will start in a couple of games hopefully.

As for the other two red cards, what a pair of cretins. We all know what a nasty prat Bowyer is (and O'Leary must have been thinking "told you so" given what was in his biography), Dyers not much better, the sort of scumbag who goes on holiday, get girls píssed and then secretly films him and his mates doing them. Seeing those two planks trying to knock each other senseless well it was like evolution in action.

colblimp
03/04/2005, 11:14 AM
Did anyone notice at the press conference they didn't apologise to each other? They apologised to the fans, the chairman, the manager, their families, everybody apart from each other. There must be history there. With Souness vowing to clear Dyers name then Bowyer must fear for his future at the club.

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/04/2005, 11:28 AM
Did anyone notice at the press conference they didn't apologise to each other? They apologised to the fans, the chairman, the manager, their families, everybody apart from each other. There must be history there. With Souness vowing to clear Dyers name then Bowyer must fear for his future at the club.

Noticed that alright. Do you think that the attack was racially motivated on the part of Bowyer? I think it might have been. Bowyer hasn't transgressed as far as we know, since the Safraz Nagib case a few years ago. Perhaps the anger has been building up inside him ever since, and Dyer was unfortunate enough to be the nearest to him on the pitch. Also, I've noticed that Bowyer doesn't wear those anti-racism wristbands.

eirebhoy
03/04/2005, 11:37 AM
http://hem.bredband.net/jenslindmark/bowyer_vs_dyer.mpg

De Town
03/04/2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. Just listening to them realing off who they were sorry for and no mention of being sorry to eachother.

Although, I think Dyer said that they weree teamates and shouldnt be fighting like that in front of 50k people.

Or maybe hes trying to say its ok to fight but not in front of 50k people :D

crc
03/04/2005, 6:54 PM
http://hem.bredband.net/jenslindmark/bowyer_vs_dyer.mpg

I just watched that clip a few times and it looks like Dyer said something to Bowyer, who then approached Dyer and sticks the head on him! Dyer grabs Bowyer, but doesn't swing any punches until Bowyer does. Bowyer appears to be the thug in this instance, Dyer only started throwing punches after he had been hit by Bowyer. My Swedish isn't great ;), but it sounds like the commentators are saying the same thing :D !

Its still a bit daft for two players on the same team. :confused:

Fergie's Son
03/04/2005, 9:27 PM
Noticed that alright. Do you think that the attack was racially motivated on the part of Bowyer? I think it might have been. Bowyer hasn't transgressed as far as we know, since the Safraz Nagib case a few years ago. Perhaps the anger has been building up inside him ever since, and Dyer was unfortunate enough to be the nearest to him on the pitch. Also, I've noticed that Bowyer doesn't wear those anti-racism wristbands.

That's a little unfair. Who knows why they fought. To allege racism unfairly tars Bowyer and let's Dyer get away with it. More likely, they are both just ******* who got into a fight. Try not to drop the racism card without any evidence to the contrary. So just because someone doesn't wear a "anti-racism" braclet they are a racist :rolleyes:

patsh
04/04/2005, 10:53 AM
If there was any real decency in the Premiesh*t, and if Newcastle were really interested in discipline and doing the right thing, the club would co-operate with the police, these f*ckers would be sacked today, and the FA should ban them for a year.

However, discipline, decency and responsibility have long ago been abandoned by Premiersh*t clubs in the pursuit of money, and there will always be some other club willing to pay this tosspots plenty of money and give them plenty of chances......

Pauro 76
04/04/2005, 11:44 AM
Everyone knows what a ratbag Bowyer is anyway? Apparantly while playing for Charlton Athletic, he went to an east London McDonalds, a Pakistani guy served him, he allegedly demanded that a white person served him. And when the Pakistani guy said he couldn't do that, Bowyer went nuts and allegedly thrashed the place. Scum. :mad:

ollie
04/04/2005, 12:39 PM
Everyone knows what a ratbag Bowyer is anyway? Apparantly while playing for Charlton Athletic, he went to an east London McDonalds, a Pakistani guy served him, he allegedly demanded that a white person served him. And when the Pakistani guy said he couldn't do that, Bowyer went nuts and allegedly thrashed the place. Scum. :mad:

is this proved?

it was hilarious watching it as one one of the head lines said yesterday "Looney Toons".
fights and squables happen on the training pitch all the time but thus is the first time i've seen it during a game. :eek:

lopez
04/04/2005, 12:44 PM
Everyone knows what a ratbag Bowyer is anyway? Apparantly while playing for Charlton Athletic, he went to an east London McDonalds, a Pakistani guy served him, he allegedly demanded that a white person served him. And when the Pakistani guy said he couldn't do that, Bowyer went nuts and allegedly thrashed the place. Scum. :mad:He also dumped a long term girlfriend after visiting her house. He walked in saw that her mother was 'Asian' and told her he couldn't see her again. Whether there was any racism in the incident on Saturday - I was at work watching the results and everyone there (all of us white) came to the same conclusion - he is undoubtedly a racist.

pete
04/04/2005, 1:32 PM
Thought press conference was laughable. As mentioned already they didn't apologise to each other, didn't even shake hands & didn't even give excuse of being in the moment during the match.

Its clear has to be some personal dispute & no signs they going to kiss & make up anytime soon. Rumour that they gonna be fined 200k (6 weeks wages).

If i was a Newcastle fan in the stadium who had just oaid £30+ for ticket i'd be fuming & would want them sacked asap. If 2 city players did similar i'd also want them sacked.

OwlsFan
04/04/2005, 2:41 PM
If there was any real decency in the Premiesh*t, and if Newcastle were really interested in discipline and doing the right thing, the club would co-operate with the police, these f*ckers would be sacked today, and the FA should ban them for a year.

However, discipline, decency and responsibility have long ago been abandoned by Premiersh*t clubs in the pursuit of money, and there will always be some other club willing to pay this tosspots plenty of money and give them plenty of chances......

Not least by Newcastle themselves who signed Bowyer knowing he had a list of previous grevious as long as my arm. Hence I laugh at Freddie Shepherd's crocodile tears over the incident - what did he expect when the Toon signed Bowyer - the next pope ?!! Players may change clubs but don't change character.

And that referee baiting idiot Andy Gray tries to put some of the blame at the door of the ref because he may have made some incorrect decisions and that the players were therefore frustrated. Doh!

holidaysong
04/04/2005, 2:57 PM
fights and squables happen on the training pitch all the time but thus is the first time i've seen it during a game. :eek:

I remember David Batty getting a red card after he exchanged punches with one of his Blackburn team-mates in a UEFA cup match about ten years ago.

ollie
04/04/2005, 3:11 PM
I remember David Batty getting a red card after he exchanged punches with one of his Blackburn team-mates in a UEFA cup match about ten years ago.

actually i remember that as well so its the second time.he hit grahame le saux if my memory is right.

pineapple stu
04/04/2005, 3:28 PM
What about the Bruce Grobbelaar/Steve McManaman fight a few years back? Don't think either was sent off then?

drinkfeckarse
04/04/2005, 3:39 PM
Hardly a fight though, a push in the face and some strong words.

Fergie's Son
04/04/2005, 5:34 PM
He also dumped a long term girlfriend after visiting her house. He walked in saw that her mother was 'Asian' and told her he couldn't see her again. Whether there was any racism in the incident on Saturday - I was at work watching the results and everyone there (all of us white) came to the same conclusion - he is undoubtedly a racist.

Good news. We can now get rid of things like evidence and trials by a jury of our peers. Lopez and his mates can spot a racist all the way from their barstools. Can you do the same with muggers, rapists and the like?

All you've done is presented unfounded accusations and branded the man a racist. He may be a ***** but Dyer has not suggested that the fight was racially motivated. At least make an attempt to be objective.

pineapple stu
04/04/2005, 9:54 PM
Hardly a fight though, a push in the face and some strong words.
Yeah, maybe not quite the same. Still caused a bit of a stir. 'Twas back in the days though, I suppose! :)

FarBeag
04/04/2005, 10:02 PM
They shook hands this evening for the sky cameras,how false can anyone be.If this happened in the streets i am sure Bowyer would have ended up doing a bit of time with his tarnished record..Stick him in Brixton, i am sure he will well taken care of. Ha Ha

lopez
04/04/2005, 10:20 PM
Good news. We can now get rid of things like evidence and trials by a jury of our peers. Lopez and his mates can spot a racist all the way from their barstools. Can you do the same with muggers, rapists and the like?

All you've done is presented unfounded accusations and branded the man a racist. He may be a ***** but Dyer has not suggested that the fight was racially motivated. At least make an attempt to be objective.YAWN!!! If you bothered to read my post, it doesn't necessarily mean that the incident with Dyer was racially motivated: Merely that he's a racist. Unfounded? :confused: Evidence given - not just by me - in case that escaped you too. Yes some racists do reform - I've known three that ended up marrying women of other colour. And we're not talking someone that made the odd 'Paki' or 'Thick Paddy' joke in the seventies. However there seems to be little evidence that Bowyer has reformed in any of his previous vices (violence being the most obvious one). But then, hey, you sound like the f*cking expert :rolleyes: round here. Enlighten me, please!

Fergie's Son
04/04/2005, 11:00 PM
YAWN!!! If you bothered to read my post, it doesn't necessarily mean that the incident with Dyer was racially motivated: Merely that he's a racist. Unfounded? :confused: Evidence given - not just by me - in case that escaped you too. Yes some racists do reform - I've known three that ended up marrying women of other colour. And we're not talking someone that made the odd 'Paki' or 'Thick Paddy' joke in the seventies. However there seems to be little evidence that Bowyer has reformed in any of his previous vices (violence being the most obvious one). But then, hey, you sound like the f*cking expert :rolleyes: round here. Enlighten me, please!

There was no "evidence" given only unfounded allegations and rumours. You made the claims so you should support them. How about a citation to a newspaper article or court records?

No wonder you're yawning, it's too much effort to actually think for yourself.

lopez
05/04/2005, 2:30 PM
There was no "evidence" given only unfounded allegations and rumours. You made the claims so you should support them. How about a citation to a newspaper article or court records?

No wonder you're yawning, it's too much effort to actually think for yourself.In case you haven't noticed foot.ie isn't a court of law. If you expect people to consider Bowyer, an altercation with a black man (even if one that is only slightly less of a prat than Bowyer) and not take into consideration his previous racist record, then you truly are one stupid person. Let me see his record - breaks up with girlfriend upon finding her mother isn't one of the master race. Bowyer told Emma Keeney, whose mother is part-Indian that he was dumping her 'because they might have a brown throwback baby'; he then smashes up a McDonalds in which he racially abused Asian employees; he's then involved in assault on two Asians here, one of which, Sarfraz Najeib, launched a civil action for damages against Bowyer, 'alleging they (himself and Woodgate) were both involved in a "violent and racist attack" which nearly killed him.' Now I don't know about you, but I see a bit of a trend emerging here.

As for court reports? Don't think it's a crime to dump your girlfriend because her mother doesn't qualify under the Nurenburg race laws as suitable for a mother-in-law. However for you I've picked up her 'unfounded allegations' as reported by The Observer. Take it as you were there when this conversation took place that you know that this is all a pack of lies.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0%2C6903%2C870738%2C00.html

One thing that strikes me is that if I earned Bowyer's money and I was accused 'unfoundedly' of being a racist, I'd sue. With his wealth, one writ would normally have any editor reaching for an apology. Except, unlike a court of law, your past is brought up when you sue: I cite as an example, Taylforth versus The Sun and the case of the Salami and her husband's indigestion.

And so the question again? What has Bowyer done to rehabilitate his racist past?

Fergie's Son
05/04/2005, 4:28 PM
You're the one making the allegations though. Even the Observer article that you posted makes it quite clear that these are only allegations and that it is unfair to tar Bowyer as a racist without proof. You're holier than thou attitude without proof says more about you than it does about Bowyer.

Lastly, if you had any earthly clue about libel laws you would know how expensive it is, even for a professional footballer, and how high the burden of proof is. It is next to impossible to successfully sue based on comments that are preceeded by "allegedly".

Again, focus on the merits of the actual dispute involved without brining prior behavious into the mix. Dyer has not claimed it was a racially motivated fight so we should only focus on the facts It's akin to using a woman's alleged promiscuity or how she dressed as a defense to rape. Morally repugnant and intellectually shallow.

lopez
05/04/2005, 8:08 PM
You're the one making the allegations though. Even the Observer article that you posted makes it quite clear that these are only allegations and that it is unfair to tar Bowyer as a racist without proof. You're holier than thou attitude without proof says more about you than it does about Bowyer.

Lastly, if you had any earthly clue about libel laws you would know how expensive it is, even for a professional footballer, and how high the burden of proof is. It is next to impossible to successfully sue based on comments that are preceeded by "allegedly".

Again, focus on the merits of the actual dispute involved without brining prior behavious into the mix. Dyer has not claimed it was a racially motivated fight so we should only focus on the facts It's akin to using a woman's alleged promiscuity or how she dressed as a defense to rape. Morally repugnant and intellectually shallow.Look mate. I've argued with quite a number of basket cases like yourself on this forum and at the end of the day it's a waste of time. Believe what you want, you sad muppet! Yes sh*te is indeed pink. BTW: I've found the perfect website for an intellectual like yourself. http://www.**********.org. P*ss off and enjoy! :rolleyes:

Jon'o
05/04/2005, 8:25 PM

I remember this, as a charlton fan for my sins, the Mcdonalds in question was down the road from the ground, he went nuts alright ... he put a window in with a table and chair.

It wasnt too long after that he got drug tested at the training ground and was tested positive.

It is next to impossible to successfully sue based on comments that are preceeded by "allegedly".

ALLEGEDLY ;)

Fergie's Son
06/04/2005, 1:20 AM
Look mate. I've argued with quite a number of basket cases like yourself on this forum and at the end of the day it's a waste of time. Believe what you want, you sad muppet! Yes sh*te is indeed pink. BTW: I've found the perfect website for an intellectual like yourself. http://www.**********.org. P*ss off and enjoy! :rolleyes:

You've clearly been unsuccessful. I never degenerated into pejoratives but you did. A clear sign that you have lost the argument.

Let me make it very clear for you: It is not appropriate to introduce allegations of prior bad acts in a court of law or under the laws of libel in both Ireland and the United Kingdom.

I'm glad to **** off knowing that I got the better of an intellectual midget like yourself. Back to your barstool.

lopez
06/04/2005, 11:15 AM
Let me make it very clear for you: It is not appropriate to introduce allegations of prior bad acts in a court of law or under the laws of libel in both Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Let me make it very clear to you, this is not a court of law; libel laws are subject to 'fair comment' which without complicating you with the details, is appropriate when calling Bowyer a racist; and finally both Ireland and the UK are free countries with freedom of speech, much it seems to your annoyance.

I'm glad to **** off knowing that I got the better of an intellectual midget like yourself. Back to your barstool.
:D :D :D :rolleyes:

I asked you twice where has Bowyer rehabilitated himself as a racist. Twice you decline to answer (decline meaning that you either can't be a*sed researching, too stupid (likely) or that there is no evidence that he ever has). You asked for a newspaper link referring to his racist past. It's provided, but you suggest that the testimony of his girlfriend and employees of McDonalds (both unconnected to each other) is nothing but a pack of lies (again, no evidence provided) and bring up rape cases in what is the most laughable analogy I've ever read. You claim The Observer 'makes it quite clear that these are only allegations': The Observer says: 'There are reasons to take seriously his caricature in the tabloids as a racist thug...' You suggest that libel is impossible to defeat, ignoring the many successful libel actions won. The difference is that when you are fighting against an accusation you either prove that you never were what is being accused (impossible in Bowyer's case) or that you admit that you were and have reformed. Which takes me back to the one question I asked you and the one thing that you have so conveniently avoided. As you obviously are a bit on the slow side here it is in capitals: HOW HAS BOWYER REHABILITATED HIMSELF AS A RACIST?

Any fun with the site I gave you? Thought you'd be among friends with the holocaust deniers there. :D

It wasnt too long after that he got drug tested at the training ground and was tested positive. ALLEGEDLYWell it's allegedly safe to say he was definitely not on Ganja last Saturday.