PDA

View Full Version : Security Arrangements for Harps.

Xlex
02/04/2005, 1:28 AM
I really have to congratulate Rovers Head of Security, John Noonan and Finn Harps Security on the clarity of arrangements for Saturday nights game. All too often supporters are aggitated by security who seem to make decisions on the spur of the moment. Clarity and notice are of premium quality when it comes to organising away support. The silly events at Flancare park last year when Rovers went to change ends would have been avoided if LTFC took the same steps. Is this to do with the great relations between both clubs? Well done Rovers and Harps.

The statement reads:

The following are the arrangements for travelling Shamrock Rovers fans for the Finn Harps match.

Finn Harps have informed us that match tickets will be on sale at the Junction 15 bar which is not far from the ground. Our entrance is known as the Back Gate on Navanway Street.No flag poles will be allowed inside the ground, but plenty of space exists for flags and banners.

The Garda will operate stop and search barriers some distance from the ground. Drink will be confiscated and anyone drinking on the street will be arrested and held overnight then charged under the Public Order Act.

We are specifically asked to mention a no flares policy exists because they cause a serious problem for the sea rescue helicopter service which is close by. Local stewards will wear blue rain jackets with steward across the back. I would ask you to co-operate fully with all instructions given on the night.

Finally I would ask all our fans to be as vocal as possible to cheer the boys on, and drive safely home, we want to see you all at our next home game.

John Noonan, Head of Security

Ringo
02/04/2005, 6:50 AM
. Is this to do with the great relations between both clubs? Well done Rovers and Harps.

No it has to do with the scum that follow Rovers. They know their going to cause trouble & are trying to distance the club from it :mad:

patsh
02/04/2005, 10:18 AM
No it has to do with the scum that follow Rovers. They know their going to cause trouble & are trying to distance the club from it :mad:
Get over the Roddy thing will you....:rolleyes:

The thing about alcohol, in particular, applies to HARPS fans.
During the second half of the City game, Harps "fans" came into the area where us City fans were, and they had brouhgt in bottles and cans from the off-licence and were openly walking around drinking.

Tickets were only on sale at the ground for the City game, which led to large queues.Being able to buy tickets earlier is a sensible option.

The flag poles issue is probably because it was some local fans who caused the problem with City's TIFO flags.

So, these arragements are as much for Harps fans as they are for Rovers. Lets not be jumping to conclusions that the Rover fans are being singled out for some sort of special attention.

Ringo
02/04/2005, 12:58 PM
Get over the Roddy thing will you....:rolleyes:

The thing about , in particular, applies to HARPS fans.
During the second half of the City game, Harps "fans" came into the area where us City fans were, and they had brouhgt in bottles and cans from the off-licence and were openly walking around drinking.

Tickets were only on sale at the ground for the City game, which led to large queues.Being able to buy tickets earlier is a sensible option.

The flag poles issue is probably because it was some local fans who caused the problem with City's TIFO flags.

So, these arragements are as much for Harps fans as they are for Rovers. Lets not be jumping to conclusions that the Rover fans are being singled out for some sort of special attention.

Lets see , the tickets are on sale in a bar to prevent the fans getting alcohol!!!! I've never seen trouble from Harps fans when they played against us. Some of the issues are common sense, Don't use flares,Don't drink on the street( illegal anyway)Etc.

patsh
02/04/2005, 1:08 PM
Lets see , the tickets are on sale in a bar to prevent the fans getting alcohol!!!! I've never seen trouble from Harps fans when they played against us. Some of the issues are common sense, Don't use flares,Don't drink on the street( illegal anyway)Etc.
:rolleyes:
Where did I mention ANYTHING about preventing fans getting alcohol?
If you are going to respond to posts, read what you are responding to, understand what is being said, THINK about what your response is trying to say, take a deep breath, and then post.
Don't always let your anger at Roddy cloud your understanding.....

The security arrangements are aimed at Harps fans as well as Rovers fans.....

Ringo
02/04/2005, 1:25 PM
Where did I mention ANYTHING about preventing fans getting alcohol?
If you are going to respond to posts, read what you are responding to, understand what is being said, THINK about what your response is trying to say, take a deep breath, and then post.
Don't always let your anger at Roddy cloud your understanding.....

The security arrangements are aimed at Harps fans as well as Rovers fans.....

I only mentioned the bar, as alcohol adds to the problems. It a strange place to sell tickets. The harps fans shouldn't have been allowed bring cans & bottles into the game you talk about, but surely thats down to Citys Stewards to sort that out.

SÓC
02/04/2005, 1:39 PM
I only mentioned the bar, as alcohol adds to the problems. It a strange place to sell tickets. The harps fans shouldn't have been allowed bring cans & bottles into the game you talk about, but surely thats down to Citys Stewards to sort that out.

:rolleyes: The game was a home game for Harps...

Xlex
03/04/2005, 12:00 PM

Ringo, relax chap....

Rovers and Harps have fantasic relations and I'm sure Mr. T will vouch for it.

There's a mutual respect there.... I think it's a welcoe debate but you had to twist the thread into an anti-Rovers one.... tit...

harpskid
04/04/2005, 10:27 AM
The security arrangements were announced for both sets of fans, so that people knew what to expect when they came to the ground and were aware of the procedure beforehand!

This will now be done before all home games

WeAreRovers
04/04/2005, 11:42 AM

When you haven't a clue what you're talking about it's usually better to say nothing at all.

No bother on Saturday night, Harps fans and security were bang on and both sets of fans drank happily together in Junction 15.

Funnily enough when people call us scum and treat us accordingly we tend to react, on the other hand when we are treated like humans we're the nicest bunch you could meet. It's not rocket science.

KOH

joey B
04/04/2005, 11:46 AM
Would,nt take much notice of him we are rovers, just jealous that your away support is about double what they get at their home games :D

NY Hoop
04/04/2005, 12:29 PM
Double?!! :D

Get lost CHF and come back when you have some clue what you're on about. Good weekend with both fans mixing as usual.......

Incidentally didnt see any cops searching anyone...........

KOH

OneRedArmy
04/04/2005, 1:02 PM
No bother on Saturday night, Harps fans and security were bang on and both sets of fans drank happily together in Junction 15.

Minor point but does two dozen fans invading the pitch after Rovers scored count as "no trouble"?

Apart from that agree that the atmosphere was good and the large Rovers crowd sang their hearts out for the 1st and last 15 minutes. Did you all fall asleep in between? :D Couldn't blame you on the standard of football that was on offer.

WeAreRovers
04/04/2005, 1:44 PM
Minor point but does two dozen fans invading the pitch after Rovers scored count as "no trouble"?

Yeah you're right, it is a minor point.

KOH

joeraki
04/04/2005, 4:29 PM

I'd put it on a par with the nazis invasion of Poland :rolleyes:

Carlin
04/04/2005, 8:39 PM

It's not like me to stick up for the scum but you're scraping the barrel there :rolleyes: . Hardly "trouble" is it?