PDA

View Full Version : 3 More Valuable Points

Roo69
01/04/2005, 11:08 PM
A poor enough match tonight but some nice bits of play in between. I thought Bray were the better team through out and fully deserved the win. Can only remember 1 real UCD chance when Dupay headed wide when unmarked. The College keeper pulled off 2 top class saves from Jody and Collie in the 2nd half.

Weso was very good again tonight, won everything in the air and gound and finished with some style ! Jody also had a solid game at the back, Bray were never troubled really. Eamon was a bit off form and Foxy needs a few matches under his belt to get fully match fit. The good thing is that we still have McGuinness, Chopper and Grogan to come back into the team as well.

Ryaner andLonger lookeed very tired in the last 10 minutes, Fresh legs should have been brought on for one of them to freshen it up a little

After seeing College in their opening game Vs. Shels i was quite dissapointed with them, a lot of long ball stuff which is'nt normally there style. Tony Mac had a great game for them thou, lead by example. I don't think they made any subs ? wonder why ?

Easily Between 1500-1700 at the match, not bad considering the weather.

Also, did anyone else see the UCD fan wearing the t-shirt with Rocky on it and the gun target over it saying shoot on site or something ? very funny :D

pineapple stu
01/04/2005, 11:25 PM
A poor enough match tonight but some nice bits of play in between. I thought Bray were the better team through out and fully deserved the win.
I would have to disagree, wouldn't I?! I thought youz were steeped; we dominated the second half but just didn't have the wherewithal to break your defence down. The Bray goal was very fortunate - the ball was going well wide before it took a deflection to land in Charles' path. We didn't have many clear-cut chances, which was our huge problem. I'd say 60% - 70% of the second half was spent in the Bray half.

Thought the booking for your number seven was very funny! Anto Murphy went over on his ankle and yer man was booked for it!

After seeing College in their opening game Vs. Shels i was quite dissapointed with them, a lot of long ball stuff which is'nt normally there style. Tony Mac had a great game for them thou, lead by example. I don't think they made any subs ? wonder why ?
Bit harsh. The first half was shocking from us; the second half, we got it down and played through midfield quite a bit and were on top for long spells. Bray's number 14 - don't know who he was? - was shocking...couldn't clear without slicing up into the sky! Don't know why we didn't make any subs...suppose there was nothing really going wrong other than it just wasn't happening for us in front of goal - hard to know who to take off really.

Easily Between 1500-1700 at the match, not bad considering the weather
Yeah, 1500 was my guess too. What was so bad about the weather? You mean it gets better than that in Bray every now and again?! :p

Also, did anyone else see the UCD fan wearing the t-shirt with Rocky on it and the gun target over it saying shoot on site or something ? very funny :D
Aye, we had a few done up for the match! :) It's a STIG back cover of old - STIG Mascot Exterminators (call 1800-DIE-FOUL-MASCOT-DIE)...No mascots were harmed until shortly after the making of this advert... Will have them out for the return game!

Stevo Da Gull
02/04/2005, 1:05 AM
Scrappy game, I can only remember UCD having 1 chance of note where-as Bray forced Quigley to make 1 or 2 good saves. After the ball doing a bit of bobbling and deflecting it found its way to Wes Charles and he finished well. I think 1-0 was a fair result- the best chance of the game fell to Bray and we took it, if Dupuy had of headed in his chance then 1-1 fair enough but Bray done enough in the end. There were spells in the second half where UCD had all the posession but they did'nt do enough with it
Both sides passing was below par and I'm sure that both managers, and Pete Mahon in particular, will be annoyed that there were'nt more chances created.

centre mid
02/04/2005, 9:19 AM
A poor enough game but a good result, i have to say i thought UCD deserved something - Dupay should of scored, altough UCD didnt create a hat load of chances i thought they edged the second half, bray looked tired in the later stages

We started brightly enough and deserved to take the lead, thought Darren Quigley made a couple of great saves. Foxy didnt seem at the races. Solid enough at the back and that was probably the difference. Colm james was shaky when he came on

The Drogs will be a tougher task next week,

Bray Head
02/04/2005, 2:41 PM
Thought Bray just about deserved the win. UCD were poor in the first half but were the better team in the early part of the second until Devo changed his midfield. Tresson and Longer do not have the legs to play centre midfield. When we broke there was no support for Zayed and Fox. Bray played better when Pip moved to midfield in the second half, at least he trys to play ball instead of playing it long. Collie James was poor when he came on. He just hoofed the ball into the air and never tried to bring it down and play. Easliy the biggest crowd ever for a UCD game at the Carlisle around 1500.

BobtheDrog
02/04/2005, 5:48 PM
The Drogs will be a tougher task next week,
depends which drogs turn up we're a tad inconsistent

Roo69
04/04/2005, 8:47 AM
[QUOTE=pineapple stu]I would have to disagree, wouldn't I?! I thought youz were steeped; we dominated the second half but just didn't have the wherewithal to break your defence down. The Bray goal was very fortunate - the ball was going well wide before it took a deflection to land in Charles' path. We didn't have many clear-cut chances, which was our huge problem. I'd say 60% - 70% of the second half was spent in the Bray half.[QUOTE=pineapple stu]

As i said across on the ucd section, UCD did feck all with the ball in the 2nd half, one chance in the entire 2nd hald which Dupuy couldnt even find the target with. UCD keeper kept them in the match. Possession doesnt count for anything if you cant do anything with it, and 70% is just a tad far feched on possession :D

[QUOTE=pineapple stu]
Thought the booking for your number seven was very funny! Anto Murphy went over on his ankle and yer man was booked for it![QUOTE=pineapple stu]

So Ryaner was saying ! it should be recinded by the ref, who had a good game other than that i would say.

[QUOTE=pineapple stu]
Bit harsh. The first half was shocking from us; the second half, we got it down and played through midfield quite a bit and were on top for long spells. Bray's number 14 - don't know who he was? - was shocking...couldn't clear without slicing up into the sky! Don't know why we didn't make any subs...suppose there was nothing really going wrong other than it just wasn't happening for us in front of goal - hard to know who to take off really.[QUOTE=pineapple stu]

I've always been a fan of UCD and have always said that they always try to play nice football, hence why i was surprised by there style of play Vs. Bray

[QUOTE=pineapple stu]
Yeah, 1500 was my guess too. What was so bad about the weather? You mean it gets better than that in Bray every now and again?! :p [QUOTE=pineapple stu]

The star said 2000, i think thats a bit much thou ? as i said between 1500-1700, so well go for 1600

KK77
04/04/2005, 2:47 PM
Have to agree we deserved to win though i could see from Devos reaction at the end that he was relieved as though UCD didn't creating anything really in the second half they had all the play can you imagine when better teams play like that now they will create chances.

Another thing i'd like to say is how the hell was Ciaran Ryan with Blackburn my god i have seen this guy since he started playing for Bray and he is muck pure muck the odd good cross nothing more he really is muck the only thing he did on friday was shout at Zayed to tell him things to do all i kept hearing was "Eamo Eamo Eamo Eamo" my god hes wicked i sometimes wonder i really do.

Also Keith Long serious doubts about him he really was bad on friday hence Devo put him to left back and Pip into midfield they just ran through us thank god they didn't create anything but better sides will so please Devo take him out of there before its too late.

Best player for me yet again Jody Lynch a rock never lets us down

EnDai
04/04/2005, 8:13 PM
Bray for Europe!

Lol :D

Must say, enjoying the start to your campaign, long may it continue!