PDA

View Full Version : sendings off

skitz3
01/04/2005, 10:52 PM
just in from shels game where baker was sent off,also a sending off in drogheda.always been a problem in the el, but does anyone else notice that it's becoming more and more reguler and feel that it could ruin the good football that el clubs are now trying to play.

Slash/ED
01/04/2005, 10:55 PM
I don't know, it was surely alot worse in the days of Richie Foran :D

No excuse for Baker though, he is a disgrace.

skitz3
01/04/2005, 11:07 PM
I don't know, it was surely alot worse in the days of Richie Foran :D

No excuse for Baker though, he is a disgrace.

i thought it was quitening down and teams could really start playing football on the ground but this week coupled with last week in cork and the tailend of last season has made me think again.

right about richie,there no excuse for that.but half the battle is when we can admit when our own player is in the wrong no matter how much we like him or how good a player he is. ;)

A face
02/04/2005, 12:27 AM
We'll see on Monday but what did he do ??

Slash/ED
02/04/2005, 12:33 AM
The highlights of the Shels Waterford game, including red card, and the Bohs Derry game were on sports tonight, not sure if it's repeated.

He basically swung at the Waterford player with his left, now he was taken down by him, but that's no excuse. Complete disgrace and could have cost us badly, he'll be out for a good long while.

aido_b
02/04/2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah at the Bohs match tonight referee Alan Kelly wasn't too keen on letting the game run and seemed very sluggish throughout the game (im not just saying that coz we lost!) He was pretty lenient with one or two players though, Dessie Byrne slid in a orrendous tackle within the first few minutes and got a yeallow, he had a few more bad tackles after that, i was convinced he'd be sent off.

thecorner
02/04/2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah at the Bohs match tonight referee Alan Kelly wasn't too keen on letting the game run and seemed very sluggish throughout the game (im not just saying that coz we lost!) He was pretty lenient with one or two players though, Dessie Byrne slid in a orrendous tackle within the first few minutes and got a yeallow, he had a few more bad tackles after that, i was convinced he'd be sent off.

let me get this right

you were at the shels game tonight,yet bohs had a game as well....what kind of wierd fans have ye got up there???

Slash/ED
02/04/2005, 12:55 AM
let me get this right

you were at the shels game tonight,yet bohs had a game as well....what kind of wierd fans have ye got up there???

Where did he say he was at the Shels game? :confused:

Longfordian
02/04/2005, 12:57 AM
Eh?! Shels isn't spelled 'Bohs'?!..I'm presuming there was no quick edit as your post is a good ten minutes later than aido's..Or maybe Alan Kelly didn't ref Bohs..I dunno, stop trying to confuse me corner it's too late for that :D

thecorner
02/04/2005, 1:00 AM
:o :o :o my mistake lads..sorry

Longfordian
02/04/2005, 1:02 AM
ffs corner I hope for your sake 'there was drink involved' ;)

Slash/ED
02/04/2005, 1:02 AM
Sure anyway who could blame him going to Tolka Park instead, He wouldn't be the first Bohs man to do it this year ;)

A face
02/04/2005, 1:04 AM
Sure anyway who could blame him going to Tolka Park instead, He wouldn't be the first Bohs man to do it this year ;)

Pot or Kettle
Hell or more Hell

they are some crap choices to be made alright !! :D

thecorner
02/04/2005, 1:06 AM
ffs corner I hope for your sake 'there was drink involved' ;)

no drink involved :eek:

must be tired after the trip up to ye last night

Longfordian
02/04/2005, 1:08 AM
Ah yeah but in fairness 'Bohs' and 'Shels' hard to confuse them..though they're probably all 'jackeens' to you anyway, same difference :p

skitz3
02/04/2005, 2:24 PM
Ah yeah but in fairness 'Bohs' and 'Shels' hard to confuse them..though they're probably all 'jackeens' to you anyway, same difference :p

not to hard to confuse one is a big club and one used to be a big club who sacked their manager who came back last night to haunt them. :D