PDA

View Full Version : Bohs vs Derry

aido_b
01/04/2005, 9:38 PM
Just in from Bohs vs Derry, one of the worst games i've seen Bohs play in years. There was no spark at all. Bohs were a mess at the back Derry should have had easily three goals instead of one. I reckon going on tonights performance there isn't a hope in hell that Bohs are going to challenge! :mad:

Congrats to Derry City fans, you made some noise!

skitz3
01/04/2005, 10:42 PM
have a good feeling that derry wil be challenging for europe this season,with bohs not to far behind despite the score.

aido_b
02/04/2005, 12:44 AM
After tonights disgraceful showing i doubt Bohs will show for anything this season, Derry looked very good though.

De Town
02/04/2005, 11:14 AM
After tonights disgraceful showing i doubt Bohs will show for anything this season, Derry looked very good though.
Are ya sorry youse got rid of Kenny? He is a good manager no matter what you might say.

A face
02/04/2005, 2:26 PM
Are ya sorry youse got rid of Kenny? He is a good manager no matter what you might say.

I totally forget about that ...... Kenny revisits his old stomping ground and in the classic smash and grab, collects three points and brings them Foyleside .... how do all the Bohs fans feel about this ? Considering it was the Bohs fans themselves who ousted the man out in the first place.

MariborKev
02/04/2005, 2:37 PM
I totally forget about that ...... Kenny revisits his old stomping ground and in the classic smash and grab, collects three points and brings them Foyleside .... how do all the Bohs fans feel about this ? Considering it was the Bohs fans themselves who ousted the man out in the first place.

The smash and grab was last season, this time round we just went for the clear domination route. From todays Irish Times

''City looked sharper and more effective than their hosts in just about every department....When it came to the goal everyone played their parts to perfection.................
the visitors held on to bag their second successive win in two and give a travelling support that clearly needs very little encouragement, something to shout about !

Best travelling support thus far, around the 200 in Drogheda and I reckon we had nearly 250 last night!

d_informer
02/04/2005, 2:55 PM
yeah but wanderers are better!! :D

A face
02/04/2005, 3:25 PM
Best travelling support thus far, around the 200 in Drogheda and I reckon we had nearly 250 last night!

So whats the scéal .... is this the waking of the sleeping giant that is Derry support (that we always hear about like some myth) or were people just looking for a way to Dublin for the weekend and tagged along to see that game ??

Whats are the Bohs fans saying about it .... we ye totally out played or what ??

MariborKev
02/04/2005, 3:58 PM
So whats the scéal .... is this the waking of the sleeping giant that is Derry support (that we always hear about like some myth) or were people just looking for a way to Dublin for the weekend and tagged along to see that game ??

Obviously we couldn't compete with the might of the Rebel Army[TM] :rolleyes: but an away victory in Drogheda meant there were big numbers travelling

A face
02/04/2005, 4:05 PM
Obviously we couldn't compete with the might of the Rebel Army[TM]

Obviously ... you wouldn't have a prayer, that was always a given in fairness :p

Sound good for Derry anyway, fair play !!

Carlin
02/04/2005, 10:01 PM
Whats are the Bohs fans saying about it .... we ye totally out played or what ??

We're just simply not good enough anymore. Sad but true. There's no goals in the team and most of them are too inexperienced. It's goin to be a long season :(

A face
03/04/2005, 12:03 AM
We're just simply not good enough anymore.

I dunno .... last game of the season 2004, Bohs looked technically very good and it seemed that there was nothing wrong. I know week in week out is different to one game but every other team has to play week in week out too. Sometimes looking for an excuse just isn't enough really.

Slash/ED
03/04/2005, 12:23 AM
Nah in fairness they're nowhere near good enough, as a top three side. There's simply no goals in the team whatsoever and the defence, on paper, is hardly inspiring either. The squad is thin and that's made worse by how injury prone alot of their players seem to be.

aido_b
03/04/2005, 1:50 PM
Friday was just a disgrace, Bohs were muck. Wish we had of kept Kenny now, farrelly really isn't doing anything to impress at the moment!

De Town
03/04/2005, 2:12 PM
Friday was just a disgrace, Bohs were muck. Wish we had of kept Kenny now, farrelly really isn't doing anything to impress at the moment!
If there was a price for Farrelly to be the first sacking, then I would put a fair whack on it :ball:

pete
03/04/2005, 4:05 PM

When ye have full strength team available should do ok but look far too lightweigh in attack. Ward, Bracken, Foley and Grant don't look like even ten goal a season forwards.

Whats the deal with Farrelly? Is he injured or is he just not too bothered playing? Always thought it strange he not played last season although he was supposed to be "returning" from injury.

Poor start to the season will only increase the pressure on a rookie manager.

ciaran76
04/04/2005, 7:21 AM

With no money to spend i can see it been a very long season. And it looks like there was no natural goalscorer for Bohs. :(

dortie
04/04/2005, 7:40 PM

Kenny has brought a breath of fresh air to Derry, the 6 friendlies showed the diehard fans what was in store this year, the fact all the players are now based in Derry also proved Kenny's seriousness to possibly challenging. All this pre-season optimism has woken up alot of bandwagoners, the result in Drogheda added to the excitment. It was great to see over 250 in Dalymount although unless we keep winning those extra 160 or so will get lazy again.