PDA

View Full Version : Cork City fans -Different from the jackeens...

redgav
01/04/2005, 9:24 PM
thankfully ,or are we ??? - god how different is this from when we were up there last week - or maybe i'm being overly kind to city fans ??? is this a indictment of rovers fans being scum , or ,is it a possibility that the trouble over the poles and those lan£rs drinkin the bottles of beer in the stands has caused Harps to act like this - Its 50-50 as far as I can tell

"Shamrock Rovers have advised their supporters of the security arrangements which will be in place in Donegal ahead of their trip to take on Finn Harps on Saturday night.

Both sides will be looking for their first win of the new season, and a large attendance is expected at the Ballybofey venue for the game.

Rovers have advised their travelling supporters on the security arrangements which will be in place around the ground on Saturday night.

The statement reads:

The following are the arrangements for travelling Shamrock Rovers fans for the Finn Harps match.

Finn Harps have informed us that match tickets will be on sale at the Junction 15 bar which is not far from the ground. Our entrance is known as the Back Gate on Navanway Street.No flag poles will be allowed inside the ground, but plenty of space exists for flags and banners.

The Garda will operate stop and search barriers some distance from the ground. Drink will be confiscated and anyone drinking on the street will be arrested and held overnight then charged under the Public Order Act.

We are specifically asked to mention a no flares policy exists because they cause a serious problem for the sea rescue helicopter service which is close by. Local stewards will wear blue rain jackets with steward across the back. I would ask you to co-operate fully with all instructions given on the night.

Finally I would ask all our fans to be as vocal as possible to cheer the boys on, and drive safely home, we want to see you all at our next home game".

John Noonan, Head of Security

joeraki
01/04/2005, 9:50 PM
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=606830&CategoryID=362984&ThreadID=1989712&tolast=yes#bottom

Seems to be down to you lot from the 1st game of the season

adamd164
02/04/2005, 9:33 AM
This statement was posted here already