PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures 12th October.

ToberonaTornado
10/10/2018, 8:56 PM
Premier Division

Cork City v Limerick FC(A.Buttimer)
Saint Patrick's Ath. v Shamrock Rovers(?)
Waterford FC v Dundalk FC(D.Tomney)

Coupon >> https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-premier-division

1st Division Play-off.

Drogheda United v Finn Harps(?)

Coupon >> https://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-play-off

Suspension List >> http://www.extratime.ie/articles/21760/suspension-list---7th-october-2018/

===================================
#ORANGE STATUS WEATHER WARNING:

Met Éireann has issued Status Orange weather warnings for 13 counties, with high winds coinciding with high spring tides tomorrow evening.The warning comes into effect from 10pm tomorrow night and covers Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Kerry Dublin, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Cork and Waterford.
Met Éireann said strong winds associated with Storm Callum could reach speeds of between 110km/h and 130km/h.The northwest is expected to be most affected and the warning will remain in place there until midday on Friday.
https://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2018/1010/1002201-met-eireann-issues-a-status-orange-weather-warning/

nigel-harps1954
10/10/2018, 9:39 PM
Don't think I could deal with getting to Drogheda again and another game called off...there's only so many times I can go to Drogheda in a year.

outspoken
11/10/2018, 8:39 PM
Neil Doyle in charge of play off game

nigel-harps1954
12/10/2018, 6:57 AM
Neil Doyle in charge of play off game

...*sigh*

micls
12/10/2018, 6:13 PM
Has there ever been a more pointless night of Premier Division football?

Tongiht will drag the attendance averages down!

SeanDrog
12/10/2018, 7:42 PM
HT Drogs 1-0 Harps

sbgawa
12/10/2018, 9:09 PM
Jeez thought it was going to be another night of what should have been. Can't beat a late winner. That should be enough for third ....ho hum

joey B
12/10/2018, 9:18 PM
Finished 1_1 in Drogheda,both sides reasonably happy id imagine,from listening to the radio seemed like Drogheda shaded it,the game will do us a world of good after a 3 week lay off(thanks FAI����),I would expect us to be better next week,all to play for though!

ToberonaTornado
12/10/2018, 9:22 PM
Dundalk beat Waterford in what was really no more than a canter for the champions.
very decent chances for Hoban and Mounts & McEleney with waterford clearing off the line and some last ditch tackling also denying Dundalk.
Dundalk foot was of the gas when waterford scored.
Enjoyable match all in all i thought.(well for us anyway)

nigel-harps1954
12/10/2018, 9:32 PM
Really poor game in Drogheda. Harps clearly very rusty after three weeks without a game. We were very poor for the majority of the game.

On that basis, happy enough to get a draw. Different prospect next week. Should be a bumper crowd in Finn Park.

CityBoy
12/10/2018, 9:57 PM
Limerick are absolutely awful. Hope the Finn Harps fans are looking forward to Premier Division football again next year.

Jack B
12/10/2018, 11:31 PM
Absolutely miserable stuff from Pats tonight. Nothing to play for but set up at home to negate Rovers more than anything else and still would've lost by 3 or 4 if not for Brendan Clarke having a stormer, playing slow centre midfielders on the wing and centre backs in midfield didn't really help our cause and just made it easier for Rovers as they hadn't much to worry about coming at them. A lot to improve on for next season.

joey B
13/10/2018, 1:11 AM
The Fai gets dogged for they're lack of promotion,but if you looked at Limericks Twitter or Facebook page over the last couple of days you would not know they're SENIOR team were playing a match tonight,I know they're in a bad way but come on ,schoolboy teams are doing better.....

patrickccfc
13/10/2018, 7:33 AM
The Fai gets dogged for they're lack of promotion,but if you looked at Limericks Twitter or Facebook page over the last couple of days you would not know they're SENIOR team were playing a match tonight,I know they're in a bad way but come on ,schoolboy teams are doing better.....

Yeah I found that strange alright. Went on to their Twitter account around 30 minutes before kick off to see their line up and there hadn't been anything posted for 5 days.

Edit: Just looked again and there was not a single update about the game. That's a new one on me now.

SeanDrog
13/10/2018, 8:53 AM
Really poor game in Drogheda. Harps clearly very rusty after three weeks without a game. We were very poor for the majority of the game.

On that basis, happy enough to get a draw. Different prospect next week. Should be a bumper crowd in Finn Park.

I see you point on 3 weeks but on the flip side we have had 3 games in 7 days! (One going to extra time) and if we go through we will be wrecked facing limerick. I wonder would removing the two leg system be better and playing at a neutral venue as close to 50:50 distance to both teams work better. Less games and the 2nd place team aren’t waiting as long for their match. Also whichever 1st side facing the premier side won’t be disadvantaged with such tired legs.

osarusan
13/10/2018, 9:34 AM

Limerick fans have been on about this for some time. Supporters have had to remind them that there is even a game on. It is really shambolic stuff.

Shearer
13/10/2018, 10:08 AM
Limerick fans might recall that after the win at home to Waterford the social media went absolutely mental for a short period, about 5 posts a day!

Now we havent had a post in 5 days.

Ezeikial
13/10/2018, 10:15 AM
Limerick fans have been on about this for some time. Supporters have had to remind them that there is even a game on. It is really shambolic stuff.

Do you know is some of those fans have volunteered to help with social media and match day promotions?

Martinho II
13/10/2018, 10:41 AM

do away goals count in the playoffs Nigel if needed?

SeanDrog
13/10/2018, 10:48 AM
do away goals count in the playoffs Nigel if needed?

They didn’t in our games with Shels (which I found strange tbh)

White Horse
13/10/2018, 11:15 AM
Enjoyable game in the RSC between Dundalk and Waterford despite it being dead rubber.

There was a classy reception by all at Waterford to the new Champions. The fact that Waterford have qualified for Europe meant there was a celebratory feel to the entire stadium.

Once the game started, Waterford got stuck in. It was a surprisingly physical game and despite the pitch looking great, it took both sets of players some time to get used to the slippery surface. Waterford were neat and tidy in midfield, but lacked pace to trouble the Dundalk defence. They appeared to rely on long balls to Akinade, who pulled over to the wing to challenge Massey. Despite his massive height advantage, Akinade did very little.

The most fascinating part of the game for me was the head to head between McEleney and Hery. There appeared to be a personal duel between the two of them as to who could dribble past the other more times. Midfield battles in LOI normally involve physicality, but this was pure football. Watching those two was worth the long drive there and back.

sbgawa
13/10/2018, 12:16 PM
Shout out to the Latvian refs in inchicore who reffed like it was the 80's again.

Jack B
13/10/2018, 12:43 PM
Shout out to the Latvian refs in inchicore who reffed like it was the 80's again.

That was incredible stuff. A couple of times we hand our heads in our hands on the Camac thinking a red was incoming only for him not to even get a yellow. There was a moment with about 10 minutes to go where Rovers were hitting us on the break and Toner completely took Watts out on the halfway line in a textbook taking a yellow for the team challenge only for the ref to just play on. Whole ground was in fits.

D24Saint
13/10/2018, 12:54 PM

thought they did well maybe let a bit too much go but allowed a bit of bite in an otherwise dull as dishwater end of season affair.

sbgawa
13/10/2018, 3:20 PM
Yeah I thought they were great tbh . Maybe as was said could have pulled up a couple but it stopped a lot of the rolling around and falling down that goes on, players knew it wasn't going gv to get a free

Nesta99
14/10/2018, 6:46 PM
Wouldnt suit the Cork ban on making any tackles though if the ref was letting any contact stuff happen!

Ezeikial
14/10/2018, 9:23 PM

Limerick fans might recall that after the win at home to Waterford the social media went absolutely mental for a short period, about 5 posts a day!

Now we havent had a post in 5 days.

This tweet might help explain things

Keith Wallace‏ @Wallys_Wonders (https://twitter.com/Wallys_Wonders) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Wallys_Wonders/status/1051558637997572096)More

For all the people who know nothing about what they are tweeting / talking about, I'm nothing to do with Limerick FC anymore, and I doubt any of you would like going without wages for the last 5 months (and it has been happening over the past 4 years). Had enough.

Keith Wallace‏ @Wallys_Wonders (https://twitter.com/Wallys_Wonders)FollowFollow @Wallys_Wonders

And @johngosullivan (https://twitter.com/johngosullivan) can confirm that I worked the first 9 months at Limerick without any cost to the club, through JobBridge.

https://twitter.com/Wallys_Wonders/status/1051559032958406659

Martinho II
15/10/2018, 12:47 PM
This tweet might help explain things

https://twitter.com/Wallys_Wonders/status/1051559032958406659

i actually know Keith from the programme fair over the years and he was always friendly to me anytime I had seen him. I havent seen him in a few years since he moved to Limerick.