PDA

View Full Version : intertoto cup

mouldymurphy
19/02/2002, 4:09 PM
what are the odds on us getting into the intertoto cup this year ? i see leeds Ipswich and villa have applied to enter the competition.
that could be intresting playing leeds at the cross , id be like rovers i suppose ! we all know how good their supporters are :D

SÓC
19/02/2002, 5:35 PM
Last year Dolan said he wouldn't have entered the Interflopo if they had qualified. That would mean City would be in if we finish fourth and Pats 3rd.

If Rovers win the Cup and not the league and we finsh 4th we'd also get the Inter two bob.

Imagne that, cheering on Rovers in the final.....

joe
19/02/2002, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy

that could be intresting playing leeds at the cross

we'd have to make it into the third round to meet an English team

fonzi
20/02/2002, 10:32 AM
gee!
itll be the first time ill ever be cheering for the Shams!
besides the sham jersey i have!

pete
20/02/2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Last year Dolan said he wouldn't have entered the Interflopo if they had qualified. That would mean City would be in if we finish fourth and Pats 3rd.

Whether Dolan wants to enter the toto cup or not (he was just covering up last years trashing by Bray on the last day of the season anyway) or not 4th is good enough for city to get into it.

As you said Rover win the cup (uefa)
Shel & Pats share uefa & cl places depending on league position & we hold off Bohs for toto spot in 4th.

WE need to hold it together for a couple of weeks as I think i checked before 7 last 5 games are all winable.

ccfcman
21/02/2002, 1:30 PM
we dont deserve to mix it in europe with the likes of Fenerbache.Inter,Villa

Troy.McClure
21/02/2002, 7:21 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
we dont deserve to mix it in europe with the likes of Fenerbache.Inter,Villa

Hate to tell you, but no eL team will ever mix it with those teams, until GAA is wiped out and their (government) money is transfered to soccer, ala England. Has any Irish team (besides the national) been able to mix it with Internationalize? I think not!

ollie
21/02/2002, 7:38 PM
dgj the club will need a big shake up in the summer with ollie leaving an all, the manager(current or new) needs time to sort out the team ,buy n sell and whatever and the intertoto just disruptes this time :)

Gary
21/02/2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Has any Irish team been able to mix it with Internationalize? I think not!

I could be wrong in saying so, but did Athlone not draw 0-0 with inter in the 70s?

ccfcman
22/02/2002, 11:11 AM
and athlone now reside in div1. we done well against ifk and lausanne recently is it an omen that we will be a div1 outfit in 3 decades???? :confused: :D :confused:

Patsys Fags
22/02/2002, 4:13 PM
Its best not to think about it!!!!!

Éanna
25/02/2002, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by GWA

I could be wrong in saying so, but did Athlone not draw 0-0 with inter in the 70s?
they drew 0-0 with ac milan in the 70's.