PDA

View Full Version : Winding Up Order Against Company Behind Limerick

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mr A
04/10/2018, 4:26 PM
See https://twitter.com/thephoenixmag/status/1047848312202846208

It's the Revenue that lodged it. Not good.

joey B
04/10/2018, 5:46 PM
Dear o dear, here today gone tomorrow club, typical Limerick!

Partizan
04/10/2018, 6:35 PM
How many more clubs are in a precarious position? I am thinking off the top of my head Bray, Athlone and now Limerick.

Will Limerick even make it to the end of the season? It's a bit like the Austria-Hungary on 4th October 1918.

Lim till i die
04/10/2018, 6:49 PM
Old news is old.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Lim till i die
04/10/2018, 6:51 PM
Will Limerick even make it to the end of the season? It's a bit like the Austria-Hungary on 4th October 1918.

Also I've been posting on foot for over a hundred years and this is the greatest analogy I have ever seen.

NeverFeltBetter
05/10/2018, 8:18 AM
Pat O'Sullivan's Galtee Fuels went into liquidation in May, is that what this is in reference to, or is the club more directly?

Lim till i die
05/10/2018, 8:38 AM
It's the club.

There was a winding up petition presented to the High Court on 17th September against Munster Football Club Limited.

I don't see how it has much bearing on anything given the stage of the season.

Pretty damning indictment of the circus that it's the revenue that has been left unpaid.

marinobohs
05/10/2018, 8:52 AM
Wow, that is serious. revenue don't rush into these things but when they do there tends to be one outcome, and its not good for Limerick.Usually Revenue will make every effort to avoid taking a winding up order unless (a) the company refuse to engage with them or (b) the company are a complete and utter basket case financially.

....we can only await Fran Gavin telling us "its all right, nothing to worry about" :rolleyes:

NeverFeltBetter
05/10/2018, 9:31 AM
At this point, staying up is more a matter of making the club a better investment/purchase opportunity. As it stands I don't see how any kind of PD license could be granted for next season, survival or no.

If there's a club to give a license to that is, though I'd imagine the FAI would insure some ramshackle outfit would play out of Jackman to keep the numbers at 20.

Lim till i die
05/10/2018, 9:34 AM
It is and it isn't.

I mean obviously it's serious for the company but that company wasn't entering a team next year anyway.

We'll just have to wait until the new year to see if whatever poor eejit becomes the new saviour of Limerick senior football is a big money eejit like Pat O'Sullivan or a no money eejit. Or maybe we are all out of eejits. (I doubt it somehow)

Either way Munster Football Club Limited being wound up is fairly irrelevant.

Nesta99
05/10/2018, 10:36 AM
And Bray might be saved from Relegation yet...

sbgawa
05/10/2018, 10:39 AM
Revenue bill paid up Licence granted.......that's my prediction anyway.
St josephs boys relegated

pineapple stu
05/10/2018, 1:00 PM
Wow, that is serious. revenue don't rush into these things but when they do there tends to be one outcome, and its not good for Limerick.
Shels got three in a year back in the day and survived them all.

They don't rush into these things, but they tend to be very reasonable if you try to come to a deal - a reasonable downpayment and a repayment schedule will keep them happy.

But LTID's posts suggest the board mightn't be that bothered...

blueblood
05/10/2018, 1:43 PM
It'll be a real shame if we have to start from the bottom again, all that money Pat OSullivan put into the club all for nothing he'll be leaving the club in the same position (or worse) as when he took over, such a shame as things were looking positive for a while.

blueblood
05/10/2018, 1:44 PM
On the plus side they say there's no such thing as bad publicity 🙄🙄🙄

marinobohs
05/10/2018, 1:48 PM
On the plus side they say there's no such thing as bad publicity 

Yep, nothing like a winding up order to encourage big crowds

NeverFeltBetter
05/10/2018, 3:26 PM
As someone on one of the fan pages pointed out, the clubs publicity activities have ceased bit by bit. The Facebook and Twitter pages last updated two weeks ago, and I don't think the website has been updated in nearly a month. I'd imagine the non playing staff/volunteers employed by the club have never been lower in number.

O'Sullivan certainly did pump a mountain of cash into the club, but there could be a lot written on how so much of it was ill-spent.

blueblood
05/10/2018, 4:41 PM
Yep, nothing like a winding up order to encourage big crowds
And we're in a promotion/relegation play-off FINAL!!!!
How about that Mr Negative 😁

Longfordian
05/10/2018, 5:12 PM
Shels got three in a year back in the day and survived them all.

They don't rush into these things, but they tend to be very reasonable if you try to come to a deal - a reasonable downpayment and a repayment schedule will keep them happy.

But LTID's posts suggest the board mightn't be that bothered...

Provided you haven’t screwed them on previous deals, obviously.

It was nearly a badge of honour back in the day. Can’t remember if we ever got one but licensing day and the days leading up to it used to see some “frank and meaningful dialogue”.

pineapple stu
05/10/2018, 5:16 PM
Provided you haven’t screwed them on previous deals, obviously.
Shels got away with three in a row, so they're fairly lenient even if you do screw them over it seems!

I kind of imagine them as being like Pepe Le Pew; always chasing slowly, but never gives up and gets you in the end.

Longfordian
05/10/2018, 7:41 PM
True. I forgot to add that if you had assets you were naturally in bigger trouble.

Nesta99
05/10/2018, 10:32 PM
Shels got away with three in a row, so they're fairly lenient even if you do screw them over it seems!

I kind of imagine them as being like Pepe Le Pew; always chasing slowly, but never gives up and gets you in the end.

They are not the same bunch as back in the days when we all had so much money sure we didnt need taxes to be paid up. Its a lot less lenient now although there is wriggle room as Im sure they'd rather not push things to the point where they get nothing at all from forcing a winding up order straight off. But the days of throwing them a few bob to keep them off the backs, well I doubt a company would get 3 winding up orders from the revenue in one year again and still trade on.

NeverFeltBetter
21/10/2018, 2:08 PM
The winding up petition is being heard in the High Court tomorrow morning.

Treaty Gooner
21/10/2018, 8:16 PM
Even money it gets put back to, oooh let’s say two weeks time?

NeverFeltBetter
22/10/2018, 10:13 AM
Jokes on you, because its been put back three weeks.

Treaty Gooner
22/10/2018, 6:09 PM
Damnit

NeverFeltBetter
22/10/2018, 7:20 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1022/1005952-high-court-adjourns-application-to-wind-up-limerick/

All parties agree for a three week adjournment. Exact amount the Revenue is seeking not discussed.

marinobohs
26/10/2018, 2:34 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1022/1005952-high-court-adjourns-application-to-wind-up-limerick/

All parties agree for a three week adjournment. Exact amount the Revenue is seeking not discussed.

Will the FAI bods give themselves a bonus for the League finishing without losing a premier team ?

Mr A
26/10/2018, 2:48 PM
All sorted. Everything is grand. Nothing to see here.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/344132/no-threat-limerick-fc-owner-pat-osullivan-calms-fears-as-tax-problem-is-sorted.html

marinobohs
26/10/2018, 3:00 PM
All sorted. Everything is grand. Nothing to see here.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/344132/no-threat-limerick-fc-owner-pat-osullivan-calms-fears-as-tax-problem-is-sorted.html

Would be very good news if true. But would like to see it confirmed by the the Court first. Revenue rarely do wild goose chases.

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 3:05 PM
Revenue frequently grant deferrals; usually means some agreement has been reached.

They typically don't want to put companies out of business - means they definitely won't be paying any tax in the future.

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2018, 3:34 PM
Beat Finn Harps and I'll believe anything is possible.

marinobohs
26/10/2018, 3:44 PM
Revenue frequently grant deferrals; usually means some agreement has been reached.

They typically don't want to put companies out of business - means they definitely won't be paying any tax in the future.

IF an agreement on payment is reached. Anyway, hopefully a bit of good news for Limerick (and the league)

pineapple stu
26/10/2018, 4:02 PM
Absolutely. But a stay on the order wouldn't necessarily mean the whole thing was a wild goose chase

marinobohs
29/10/2018, 12:22 PM
Beat Finn Harps and I'll believe anything is possible.

well, if you can beat Revenue ��

SkStu
29/10/2018, 12:50 PM
well, if you can beat Revenue ��

They're sh!t, and they know they are! They're sh!t and they know they are!

marinobohs
30/10/2018, 2:08 PM
They're sh!t, and they know they are! They're sh!t and they know they are!

Aw yea, all very brave over there is Canada ;)

NeverFeltBetter
12/11/2018, 6:37 PM
Winding up order has been thrown out. Some talk going around about a possible takeover involving some ex-players this week as well. We'll see.

2 Year Contract
12/11/2018, 10:27 PM
Hopefully it all works out for Limerick. Days like the League Cup Final a couple of years ago shows the potential of the club if they can get it right

Martinho II
13/11/2018, 3:39 PM
delighted that limerick has avoided the winding up order but what will happen to where ye will play next season?

Shearer
13/11/2018, 3:50 PM
Pat O'Sullivan has stated he wants to stay there.
If it's not financially viable then their hand will be forced, in which case it's off to Jackman Park.

NeverFeltBetter
13/11/2018, 3:51 PM
That's all up in the air as far as I can see. Pat O'Sullivan would obviously want to stay in the Market's Field, but I can't see how the club can afford it as things are. Moving to the cheaper option of Jackman - which despite some people opinions, isn't really all that far off MF's level as far as I can see - as a First Division home would make sense, unless the powers that be behind MF climb down. But new investors/owners would change things.

nigel-harps1954
13/11/2018, 3:57 PM
Do Limerick FC or LEDP own the away stand? If that was placed alongside the current stand in Jackman sure it'd be equally as good as MF.

Shearer
13/11/2018, 3:59 PM
Jackman is a dreary and miserable place.

nigel-harps1954
13/11/2018, 7:20 PM
Jackman is a dreary and miserable place.

Honestly, I don't think Markets Field is a whole lot better. It's got a great main stand, and obviously handy corporate facilities, but the rest of the ground is open and miserable, only with a pop up stand thrown in for good measure.

Jackman has the same grassy hill as the Popular side of Markets Field, one main stand, and is really handy for public transport.

It would also be a hell of a lot cheaper to rent.

NeverFeltBetter
13/11/2018, 7:30 PM
Market's Field has, as stated, some advantages over Jackman, namely the bigger home stand, bigger away stand (with a separate entrance), the corporate facilities, a paved way across to the grassy bank, better dressing rooms (I think). The pitch has had its ups and downs, but I would say for most of our time there it's been better than the constantly bobbly Jackman equivalent. And the sentimental aspect is not immaterial either.

But there is the cost to consider. The crowds in the First Division will not be great, a separate away entrance is not required. Penny's need to be pinched. And while brinksmanship is a dicey prospect, it might be no bad thing to let those behind the Market's Field to have their stadium without a primary tenant for a while.

osarusan
13/11/2018, 7:31 PM
It would also be a hell of a lot cheaper to rent.

I am not sure that is true. I think we were being screwed for rent there also...no love lost between Limerick FC and the local league.

Jofspring
13/11/2018, 7:47 PM
Jackman if I remember right was between €500-700 per match. Markets Field is closer to €2,200 per match.

Jackman now has two entrances and the dressing rooms have been extended.

osarusan
13/11/2018, 8:39 PM
Jackman if I remember right was between €500-700 per match. Markets Field is closer to €2,200 per match.

Oh, fair enough, I got that wrong.

marinobohs
14/11/2018, 10:10 AM

Simple enough - project your likely crowds and see which location best fits financially with the business. I suspect 2,200 rent for a first division game is unrealistic. can think of better ways to spend the cash (like getting players in to win promotion).