PDA

View Full Version : David Rocastle Testimonial

Karlos
31/03/2005, 9:35 PM
Today (31st) is the 4th anniversary of the sad passing of David Rocastle, a legend at Arsenal who died at the early age of 33, and one who, somewhat rarely these days, is still universally loved by fans of all football clubs.

David never received a testimonial, and I for one would love nothing more than to be able to pay my respects to a player i grew up watching and being enthralled by.

A petition has been started up, with the aim of getting david a posthumous testimonial at Arsenal.

http://www.petitiononline.com/rocky_7/petition.html

Please take the time to sign and lend your support to what is a good cause and one that would help recognise a true gentleman of the game, a link to the days before football became about endorsements.

some of the comments on the site are very moving and I urge you to lend your support to the testimonial and also the fight against cancer in young males worldwide

Thank you

ciaran76
01/04/2005, 7:41 AM
Maybe i am confusing him with someone else but i think i read somewhere that his son is a promising player at Chelsea these days. I think he might be out on loan to one of the smaller teams at the moment.

Good luck with the petition.

drinkfeckarse
01/04/2005, 8:19 AM
Maybe i am confusing him with someone else but i think i read somewhere that his son is a promising player at Chelsea these days. I think he might be out on loan to one of the smaller teams at the moment.

Good luck with the petition.

Was at Hibs earlier in the season but went back after Christmas, think he might be at Sheffield Wednesday now.

He received some good reviews while he was here.

Hibs4Ever
01/04/2005, 8:26 AM
His Cousin. Craig Rocastle was on loan with Hibee's. Good player. Kicked himself in the ass when he cut short his loan at Hibs to go back to Chelsea believing he was gonna get 1st team football because of injury problems they had. Soon as he went back he was told he was being let go. Tried to go back to Hibs but understandibly Mowbray told him no.

Good player though.

Junior
01/04/2005, 8:43 AM
I know we are going off topic here, but the lad Rocastle at Hibs had a great game at Celtic Park earlier in the season, I thought he looked the business alright. I never realised he was related to Rocky nor that he was actually on loan from chelsea

dr_peepee
02/04/2005, 5:36 AM
Did he have a brother at Norwich years ago???

OwlsFan
04/04/2005, 3:53 PM
I know we are going off topic here, but the lad Rocastle at Hibs had a great game at Celtic Park earlier in the season, I thought he looked the business alright. I never realised he was related to Rocky nor that he was actually on loan from chelsea

He was signed by Wednesday and is currently out injured. He was on loan at Hibs from Chelsea.