PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hill

SSS
31/03/2005, 7:44 PM
Heard today that he's gonna be the #2 ..anyone else here this recently?

Probably not announced until he's gone to anger management school.

adamd164
31/03/2005, 7:45 PM
we won't win the fair play award this year anyway :rolleyes:

:p

A face
31/03/2005, 8:46 PM
There was a rambler lost in Tom Thumb Monday night after the game, he is the guy that should be taking those classes.

SÓC
31/03/2005, 10:33 PM
Just mentioned on TV3 that Hill is the new Assistant.

Maybe he's there to rough up the other teams officials

Druss
31/03/2005, 10:52 PM
Didn't see that happening. :eek:

thecorner
01/04/2005, 2:45 AM
gutted...the old boys brigade is definitly back in town...a thug we dont need

patsh
01/04/2005, 6:53 AM
Hilly is a good coach, and might put a bit of steel into our defence. He could be just the man to get Dan sorted out......As for the "old boys brigade" being back in town, I'd hardly cally Hill part of that, plus we seem to be having a pretty good start to the season so far, top of the league, $hels beaten for the first time in 2 and a half years.........

Yoda01
01/04/2005, 7:26 AM
Lads, whatever ye think about hilly's disciplinary record, he's an excellent coach. He will definetly make sure that there's a bit of bite in the team. I think he'll make an excellent number 2 and a good combination with richardson. Richardson is calmness personified (except after gamble was sent off monday night) and hilly has a fiery temperament, if we could get a mix of both of them to rub off on the players it would be ideal. :D

Éanna
01/04/2005, 12:29 PM
Hilly is a great addition IMO. I have my doubts about him on the disciplinary side of things, but he's assistant, not manager, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. He is a good coach, and a good pro- he knows every trick in the book and he'll be good for the young players

Noise Maker
01/04/2005, 1:08 PM
Can we expect Jason Kabia back as well, he always seemed to follow Hilly you don't suppose it's an April Fools joke like the sacking of the great Pat Dolan

Druss
01/04/2005, 3:40 PM
Can we expect Jason Kabia back as well, he always seemed to follow Hilly you don't suppose it's an April Fools joke like the sacking of the great Pat Dolan

It was mentioned on TV3 a couple of times yesterday, so unless their timing is off this is the real deal.

thecorner
01/04/2005, 4:04 PM
hill is still not number 2.. he is only on trial at the moment

ramblers
01/04/2005, 8:01 PM
Hi All,

I would think it would be good for City to have Hilly onboard he is a great coach and motivater.

I understand what everyone is saying about the Disipline but I think a lot of that was down to the players we had in Cobh as well as the manager.

In our first season he got us to the playoffs and there was no problem with disipline. After that he was let down by the board of Cobh who didnt have the same ambition as Dave.

I hope he gets the Job and proves to everyone what a top guy he is and everyone gives him a fair chance at it.

The best of luck for the season ahead .

kevincronin2000
01/04/2005, 8:29 PM
gutted...the old boys brigade is definitly back in town...a thug we dont need
outside of ramblers disiplinary problems last season he always gave 100% as a city player. Think its a bit harsh to call him a tug

A face
01/04/2005, 8:39 PM
he always gave 100% as a city player.

He did very well at Bohs too !! .... there is no doubt about his ability as a defender.

kevincronin2000
01/04/2005, 10:38 PM
How could you suceed at cobh then, when the club was been run so poorley!

Peadar
04/04/2005, 2:22 PM
Dave Hill is expected to be announced as Cork City assistant manager sometime this week.

The former Cobh Ramblers manager was in the Cork dugout alongside Damien Richardson for last week’s 1-0 victory over Longford Town and Richardson revealed he will decide this week whether to keep on the former Cork and Bohemians hard man.

Full story here (http://breakingnews.ie/2005/04/04/story196548.html).

pete
04/04/2005, 2:34 PM
I agree with decision to go with fulltime assistant. Assistant is essentailly a coach. Means players can have access to him all day. Must have been difficult for Dolan to arrange training with O'Connor would had his own day job.

Ricos style with Hills bite could be good combo.

Also means we can bring back some old Davey Hill songs.