PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Herald

aido_b
31/03/2005, 2:59 PM
Had an article in it saying that players are prefering here to scotland when deciding where to play their soccer! think it was the Dundee manager, he was saying that he would have liked to sign at least 4 of the players from the $hel$ vs Rovers match last week but he didn't reckon they'd even consider it! Looks like the Eircom League is gaining a bit of respect (i mean he was even considering signing a couple of Rovers players :D )

Schumi
31/03/2005, 3:02 PM
Original article here (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=15342494&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=football--duffy--irish-are-too-rich-for-spl-name_page.html).

He didn't say any of the four were playing for Rovers though. :D

patsh
31/03/2005, 3:07 PM
Two things about that article:

1. $hels are paying players more, and there are probably other clubs too, than a lot of players can get in the SPL?..:eek:

2. I think he is being insulting to the eL by saying that only 4 on show at the $hels/Rovers game would be "up" to SPL standard. Leaving out the old firm, most of the players from $hels, Cork City, Drogs, and a good few from every other team in the league are as good, if not better, than most of the players in the SPL.

aido_b
31/03/2005, 3:23 PM
I understand the point you're making but it has to be said that as little as 3 seasons ago there wouldn't have been any comparison made between the two leagues. Its great to see :) !

Da Real Rover
31/03/2005, 3:38 PM
Its getting better, all this talk of new stadiums and european runs can only improve the league. It has been stagnant for far too long, so the only way is up.

Slash/ED
31/03/2005, 4:37 PM
There were far more than four players on display who'd walk into most SPL teams but considering it's a very poor Rovers team and Shels haven't performed even close to their best all season you can see why he'd probably only pick out the four.