PDA

View Full Version : Matches w/e 21 Sept

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ezeikial
17/09/2018, 5:53 PM
If we win convincingly tonight and there's decent marketing done, there's a chance of a sellout. I would consider it unlikely, but I think it's completely reasonable of the club to to hold the tickets and see.

I don't agree at all that the club has handled ticket distribution poorly. They'll wait and see what happens tongiht.

If we don't win tonight, I'm sure the club will allocate you further tickets. If we win and there seems to be some buzz about it, they will wait and see. If it comes to early next week and ticket sales are slow, they'll send up more tickets. If ticket sales looks positive, they won't. That's all completely sensible from our perspective, even though it doesn't suit you guys.

How your club has chosen to distribute the tickets is a separate issue and does sound like it's been poorly handled.

It seems that despite Cork losing to Bohs last weekend and the inevitable reality that there will be lots of empty seats at Turner's Cross next Friday, it seems that no extra tickets are available to away supporters

Ticket Update: Monday 17 September
Dundalk Football Club can confirm that there are no further tickets available to purchase for the game against Cork City on Friday at Turner’s Cross, having received its full allocation.
Cork City has asked the Club to remind Dundalk supporters that anyone who has purchased tickets in the home sections of Turner’s Cross is liable to be refused entry into the stadium or asked to leave, in accordance with the stadium regulations.
The Lilywhite Lounge will be open for those fans who want to watch the game with other Dundalk supporters.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/cork-city-tickets-sold-out/

White Horse
17/09/2018, 6:08 PM
I am very surprised that Cork City have adopted this course of action. There will be many empty seats in the stadium and a couple of hundred extra seats would not make a material difference to the overwhelming support advantage that the home team will enjoy.

nigel-harps1954
17/09/2018, 6:46 PM
If they feel they can sell all the rest of the tickets, then all the more power to them, but half of that St Anne's end sold out and a few extra quid made off Dundalk would surely make more sense to them if a smaller crowd is expected?

mcgonigle
17/09/2018, 8:24 PM
If they feel they can sell all the rest of the tickets, then all the more power to them, but half of that St Anne's end sold out and a few extra quid made off Dundalk would surely make more sense to them if a smaller crowd is expected?

If they honestly believe that they can sell out this game then I worry for the future of Cork City mark 7. It looks like they are putting on the pitch rivalry ahead of club finances. It will also look very poor on tv when we are crammed into the corner with thousands of empty seats elsewhere.

DFCForever
17/09/2018, 8:45 PM
If we were given the whole of the St. Anne's we'd probably fill it. Giving us extra tickets makes perfect sense from an economic point of view, they're just being petty.

outspoken
17/09/2018, 9:31 PM
Did see one suggestion from a cork fan online that 300 was the number the Gardai wanted and any more would require extra security at major cost to the club

Ezeikial
17/09/2018, 9:44 PM
Did see one suggestion from a cork fan online that 300 was the number the Gardai wanted and any more would require extra security at major cost to the club

There won't be many people buying that line, although its a handy way to pass the buck on what appears to be a really petty decision, when there will be huge numbers of empty seats

Because of how it has been handled there are now additional security concerns - many visiting fans have bought home section tickets online.

oriel
17/09/2018, 10:31 PM
Pure pettiness by Cork not releasing more away tickets.

That St Anne's End is rarely ever full, maybe big euro games and v Dundalk when the gap is closer, but absolutely ridiculous by them not releasing more away tickets, there is not a hope in hell this game will sell out now.

Nesta99
18/09/2018, 3:43 AM

It would be good to be able to access the CCFC forum where reasonable discussion and maybe explinations such as this can happen! I dont see though how significant additional security is needed for an extra few hundred fans, all in one area, when other areas of the ground are not sold out. Additional security is more likely to be needed if away fans have taken up tickets in home fans' sections. Its a pity as the league needs to look as well supported as possible significant travelling support does that visially especially live on TV never mind the added atmosphere. Having a vocal away support also gets that much larger home support going so it would hardly be a significant advantage to Dundalk. Maybe if the entire St Anne's end was all Dundalk it might have an undesired impact but one of the reasons cup games in England are so enjoyable for fans is the significantly larger ticket allocations that must be given to the visiting club.

Anyway it will be forgotten by Friday night......well until there is a future cup game or title decider against Cork in Oriel and tickets are scarce. Although if the capacity of the away section in Oriel (yes I know its the worst in the league) is 700 Dundalk will allocate 700 and wont fear a bit of opposition support!

marinobohs
18/09/2018, 9:02 AM
If we were given the whole of the St. Anne's we'd probably fill it. Giving us extra tickets makes perfect sense from an economic point of view, they're just being petty.

Has anyone thought to ask Cork or would that just spoil the fun ? I would be surprised if they are just leaving seats empty and losing revenue for sheer spite.Does any LOI really NOT need the money ? (although the 'you are more spiteful than we are' does make a better foot.ie thread :D)

Ezeikial
18/09/2018, 11:13 AM
Has anyone thought to ask Cork or would that just spoil the fun ? I would be surprised if they are just leaving seats empty and losing revenue for sheer spite.Does any LOI really NOT need the money ? (although the 'you are more spiteful than we are' does make a better foot.ie thread :D)

Dundalk said last week that they would be seeking more tickets from Cork; the website statement in the OP indicates that no more were forthcoming (while not explicitly stating that).

Be prepared to be surprised when you see the numbers of empty seats next Friday on TV - the 'financially prudent' narrative of FORAS will also appear a little skewed when they are intent on leaving seats empty rather than sell them to willing buyers

outspoken
18/09/2018, 11:32 AM
Again not saying it’s definitely true but you know what the Gardai are like anything for over time. I mean they had the bloody K-9 unit and 6 or 7 van fulls of Gardai down for the Longford v Cork game a few weeks ago when cork only brought around 150 and were already well segregated with absolutely no threat of any violence between them sides. I think Rovers have definitely cited Garda interference in ticket allocations against Dundalk previously but as a lot of you have mentioned already theyl have to deal with Dundalk fans in the home end now which should be absolutely hilarious craic should ya score early.

EatYerGreens
18/09/2018, 12:05 PM
Dundalk said last week that they would be seeking more tickets from Cork; the website statement in the OP indicates that no more were forthcoming (while not explicitly stating that).

Be prepared to be surprised when you see the numbers of empty seats next Friday on TV - the 'financially prudent' narrative of FORAS will also appear a little skewed when they are intent on leaving seats empty rather than sell them to willing buyers

So do you know for a fact why Cork haven't issued more tickets ? Or would some actual facts just spoil a good rant ?

marinobohs
18/09/2018, 12:38 PM

Not arguing that Dundalk didn't ask for more, or indeed that there may be empty seats, just wondering why ?Is it down to AGS and/or any safety or access issues ? Are they convinced a last gasp home support surge is likely ? would be surprised, and disappointed, if any LOI club left seats unsold purely out of spite even allowing for the strong rivalry between the two clubs.

oriel
18/09/2018, 12:43 PM

This would appear to be their reasoning it seems.

Ezeikial
18/09/2018, 12:46 PM
So do you know for a fact why Cork haven't issued more tickets ?

No, do you?

In the absence of any clarification from Cork City FC, we can only speculate.

Or would some actual facts just spoil a good rant ?

I'd warmly welcome any facts that clarify the situation, although I have no confidence that you will be able to provide any new ones.

If by 'rant', you mean to be annoyed or angry about a situation where fans are locked out of a stadium that will have loads of empty seats - then you're right

marinobohs
18/09/2018, 12:50 PM
No, do you?

In the absence of any clarification from Cork City FC, we can only speculate.

I'd warmly welcome any facts that clarify the situation, although I have no confidence that you will be able to provide any new ones.

If by 'rant', you mean to be annoyed or angry about a situation where fans are locked out of a stadium that will have loads of empty seats - then you're right

Hmmmmm maybe those quiet sensitive souls at CCFC don't want to be mixed in with a bunch of 'annoyed or angry' fans from D Town ;)

Martinho II
18/09/2018, 12:51 PM
Not arguing that Dundalk didn't ask for more, or indeed that there may be empty seats, just wondering why ?Is it down to AGS and/or any safety or access issues ? Are they convinced a last gasp home support surge is likely ? would be surprised, and disappointed, if any LOI club left seats unsold purely out of spite even allowing for the strong rivalry between the two clubs.

what does AGS stand for by the way? it does seem very petty from Cork City to say the least. bet John Caulfield had something to do with this!

ArFella
18/09/2018, 1:14 PM
what does AGS stand for by the way?

An Garda Síochána

EatYerGreens
18/09/2018, 2:05 PM
No, do you?

Nope. But I'm not the one having a hissy fit and assuming stuff that I just don't know. :cool:

Maybe just wait until the situation becomes clear, and then complain online afterwards - as appropriate ? It's dull, I know.

sbgawa
18/09/2018, 2:17 PM
I know the league is almost 100% over even if Cork win but given a win will def keep it at least a little interesting and potentially get Cork back on form is it that inconceivable that the match might sell out?

mcgonigle
18/09/2018, 2:28 PM
Nope. But I'm not the one having a hissy fit and assuming stuff that I just don't know. :cool:

Maybe just wait until the situation becomes clear, and then complain online afterwards - as appropriate ? It's dull, I know.

How long have you been on this forum? You expect that you're going to get the truth 😂

EatYerGreens
18/09/2018, 2:50 PM
How long have you been on this forum? You expect that you're going to get the truth 

Nope. But I suspect grown adults (?) to hold their water and not rant and rave when they don't know the truth. There is a difference.

Although admittedly the internet does thrive on ill-informed rants from people with no interest in knowing or making an effort to determine the actual truth :D

White Horse
18/09/2018, 3:03 PM

Bizarre advice.

Wait until it is too late to do anything before drawing attention to a strange decision??

Lim till i die
18/09/2018, 4:12 PM
I warned about this at the start of the year and I was scoffed at.

The cult has gone full Johnstown.

I can see it now.

Maxi and Gerry Adams being machine gunned on the runway of cork airport having come to inspect facilities.

Meanwhile at the cross eanna and the lads are handing out plastic cups of murphy's to the men women and children while assuring them that in the next life every team will have nine centre halfs.

Caulfield will be found later in one of the dressing rooms having taken the easy way out of a long ball to the head.

Still, it'll be nice to remind any survivors of the time cork city turned down five or six grand the next time they are wibbling on about the benefits of fan ownership or dan murray is on red fm begging for a lift to a match.

Nesta99
18/09/2018, 6:18 PM
Hmmmmm maybe those quiet sensitive souls at CCFC don't want to be mixed in with a bunch of 'annoyed or angry' fans from D Town ;)

They'll all get along like a house on fire, if a Cork player goes to put in a tackle the whole home support will wail in disgust and the away fans will nod in agreement!

Ezeikial
18/09/2018, 6:37 PM
Nope. But I suspect grown adults (?) to hold their water and not rant and rave when they don't know the truth. There is a difference.

Although admittedly the internet does thrive on ill-informed rants from people with no interest in knowing or making an effort to determine the actual truth :D

I'm taking your advice and I've put in a FOI request to Cork City to get discovery of all relevant documents

In the meantime I'll be at the High Court tomorrow seeking an injunction to postpone the match until we get the "actual truth".

CityBoy
18/09/2018, 8:39 PM
Hahahahahaha. That stand holds around 2,000 people. You wouldn't fill half it ffs.

DFCForever
18/09/2018, 8:46 PM
Hahahahahaha. That stand holds around 2,000 people. You wouldn't fill half it ffs.
We'd have better chance of filling it than you would...

CityBoy
18/09/2018, 8:47 PM
I warned about this at the start of the year and I was scoffed at.

Still, it'll be nice to remind any survivors of the time cork city turned down five or six grand the next time they are wibbling on about the benefits of fan ownership or dan murray is on red fm begging for a lift to a match.

Five or six grand. Are you mental? With average ticket prices of €12 you'd want an extra 500 away fans. I'm sure there'll be a few disappointed Dundalk fans but lets not pretend they bring that many away fans either. If they did bring that many you'd have far higher security/garda costs.

Enjoy the first division next year.

CityBoy
18/09/2018, 8:49 PM
We'd have better chance of filling it than you would...
Alright bud. Hope you get the 2000 away tickets you need off Waterford in a few weeks.

The Donie Forde
18/09/2018, 8:57 PM
Be sure to let us know if any travelling Dundalk fans are left outside.

Nesta99
18/09/2018, 9:10 PM

Im sure that will depend on the amount of Harp cans that fall out of the minibus as it pulls up, with or without away end tickets. DFCForever has tongue firmly in cheek lads. Not even the most obsessed would genuinely claim to have 2000 fans travel to a game with plenty of the season to go. A winner takes all last day of the season match in a bigger stadium so as not to have to limit tickets sure we'd fill St Annes and the Donie Ford ye know....

mcgonigle
18/09/2018, 9:13 PM

This is certainly a possibility but it's unlikely that they will be able to stop every Dundalk fan that has a home ticket from getting in. Then what do they do? Eject people in the middle of the game? That wouldn't go down too well.

Actually another question. Did Cork get a new security firm this season? Usually the stewards are great but last time we were there they had an over enthusiastic security person who was getting in the middle of fans for silly things like telling lads to put their tops back on. Causing unnecessary tension

DFCForever
18/09/2018, 9:22 PM
DFCForever has tongue firmly in cheek lads. Not even the most obsessed would genuinely claim to have 2000 fans travel to a game with plenty of the season to go.
In fairness I had no idea the St. Anne's held that many :giggle:

Nesta99
18/09/2018, 9:29 PM
This is certainly a possibility but it's unlikely that they will be able to stop every Dundalk fan that has a home ticket from getting in. Then what do they do? Eject people in the middle of the game? That wouldn't go down too well.

Actually another question. Did Cork get a new security firm this season? Usually the stewards are great but last time we were there they had an over enthusiastic security person who was getting in the middle of fans for silly things like telling lads to put their tops back on. Causing unnecessary tension

Proper order! Mike Ashley and Dundalk Danny? Nobody needs to see that!!

In 2014 Dundalk anticipated Crok fans having tickets for the home section and kept a block of the temporary stand behind the goal free so that they could be accomodated there beside the rest of the Cork fans. Not many took those seats and went in to the much maligned away terrace but at least it meant safe holding capacity of that area wasnt breached. I'd be surprised if Cork dont take a similar pragmatic approach and have an additional few rows at that corner of the St Annes stand that Dundalk fans elswhere in the ground could be directed to.

CityBoy
20/09/2018, 8:15 PM
Turns out City sent up an extra 200 tickets and the boys in the office in Oriel kept them for their mates.

shep
20/09/2018, 10:42 PM
As far as I know there was 180 on a list of people who queued and did not get a ticket on the morning tickets went on sale. It seems most have been sorted now thankfully. Really looking forward to the game now. Hope we stuff yas...should be a cracking atmosphere.

joey B
21/09/2018, 12:08 AM
Thank God for that,the Dundalk outrage was getting out of hand!

mcgonigle
21/09/2018, 7:08 AM
Turns out City sent up an extra 200 tickets and the boys in the office in Oriel kept them for their mates.

They must have a lot of mates. Can you name them please so we can report it to the club?

micls
21/09/2018, 7:17 AM
300 initial allocation. Dundalk fans complained about distribution. 200 more sent up when it was clear we weren't selling out. Dundalk choose to not announce that and have their ceo have a pop at us on twitter before later removing it. Not sure how they were allocated, but people on orielweb aren't happy.

Ye can have a pop at us on here all ye want, but it doesn't deflect from the absolute clusterfu*k your own club made of ticket allocation.

Dundalk haven't brought more than 500 down at any time in recent memory. 500 is a reasonable ticket allocation. It will be 2 blocks when including the mandatory segregation from the Gardaí.

Given we also have our own regulars who sit in that stand, setting aside half the stand to accommodate ye is plenty reasonable.

micls
21/09/2018, 7:19 AM
As far as I know there was 180 on a list of people who queued and did not get a ticket on the morning tickets went on sale. It seems most have been sorted now thankfully. Really looking forward to the game now. Hope we stuff yas...should be a cracking atmosphere.

Honestly, I'm dreading it and can't imagine the atmosphere on our side will be great. It's a lose lose situation. A win for us does nothing but push ye're title win out a week and more importantly restore a little pride after recent weeks. But regardless of scoreline, I won't exactly be walking away after the game celebrating. At best it's a' what might have been'. Draw or lose and the drama continues.

I'm sure ye'll have a ball though!

outspoken
21/09/2018, 8:00 AM
300 initial allocation. Dundalk fans complained about distribution. 200 more sent up when it was clear we weren't selling out. Dundalk choose to not announce that and have their ceo have a pop at us on twitter before later removing it. Not sure how they were allocated, but people on orielweb aren't happy.

Ye can have a pop at us on here all ye want, but it doesn't deflect from the absolute clusterfu*k your own club made of ticket allocation.

Dundalk haven't brought more than 500 down at any time in recent memory. 500 is a reasonable ticket allocation. It will be 2 blocks when including the mandatory segregation from the Gardaí.

Given we also have our own regulars who sit in that stand, setting aside half the stand to accommodate ye is plenty reasonable.

Even as someone with close ties to Dundalk I thought their outrage over the ticketing was a bit petty even before this revelation around the extra 200 tickets broke. It’s cork home game it’s corks right to decide how many away fans they want to allow in, as you said there’s regulars who sit in that stand and you’ve given up half of it, fair play. The cost of Gardai is one very few ever mention also. Before the Bohs result it was fully expected this would sell out in cork they were right to want as many home fans in as possible.

Nesta99
21/09/2018, 11:41 AM
The 'outrage' centred on how tickets were allocated by Dundalk FC, when it became apparent that Turners Cross wouldnt sell out some annoyance ended up in Cork direction as the problem could be solved by a sending a few more tickets our direction but where told no chance. DFC club CEO said that a request for additional tickets was made but unlikely to happen, DFC fans got cranky. Additional tickets did get allocated in the end and that cleared the waiting list and end of outrage. But then there are claims from Cork fans of the additional tickets being also misallocated? Prior to the additional tickets the club Chairman(not CEO) tweeted on the issue and then took down the tweet when more tickets eventually were allocated. Not announcing the additional tickets was due to them already being 'sold'. You are not incorrect per se micls but your timeline is slightly out.

There is talk of training bust up at Cork this week which Im sure is bs from some Dundalk fan trying to stir, the way football fans tend to do at times and should be ignored, not get offended by faux outrage!

micls
21/09/2018, 2:45 PM
We'll have to disagree on the timeline. The tickets were sent up before your chairman took to twitter to complain publicly about another club (not a great way to build relationships for the future).

Lim till i die
21/09/2018, 2:57 PM
Is it the contention of the cork fans on here that dundalk should have covered up the misbehaviour of their CEO??

micls
21/09/2018, 3:31 PM
Is it the contention of the cork fans on here that dundalk should have covered up the misbehaviour of their CEO??

I don't really understand the question?

I don't expect the dundalk fans to do anything in relation to the CEO, it was just a comment on his actions. The story goes he didn't know more tickets had been sent up when he had a pop, and deleted it when he realised. Who knows though.

My contention is that the allocation was reasonable, more tickets were sent up when we lost to Bohs, as I predicted in my original post, and the real drama has come from dundalks distribution initially, not from ourselves.

The club has also contacted ticketmaster to tell them to move anyone with a dundalk address to the away section. So those who bought home end tickets for fear of missing out are now being accommodated in the away end.

Not sure what more can be expected of the club, despite the complaints that have been going around from dundalk fans. I think it's been handled reasonably.

Nesta99
21/09/2018, 4:24 PM
For starters it was the Chariman who tweeted, Chicago based Mike Tracey, not the CEO Mal Brannigan who is based in Oriel Park. The tweet happened when, Tuesday night, Wednesday morning. There was no sign of additional tickets at that point.

There havent been complaints since people were generally sorted with tickets. Much appreciated CCFC, good work on the Ticketmaster ticketholders too!!!!!

As for building relations between the clubs in the future? I didnt realise Cork fans cared that much!! We shall get on to our chairman and you can have a word with those in Cork especially the official Twitter and fans fora...

micls
21/09/2018, 6:12 PM
I couldn't care less about the relationships your staff chooses to build. Again, an observation. I would however be disappointed if our chairman tweeted similar.

White Horse
21/09/2018, 6:20 PM
Cork continue where they left off at Dalymount.

Hoban had acres of space.