PDA

View Full Version : What has your club done to get UEFA licence this season?

pete
30/03/2005, 1:29 PM
Most obvious things would be infrastructure so has any club actually made upgrades this season?

Since visited Ballybofey for first time been wonder how passed Premier licence infrastructure requirement...

Longfordian
30/03/2005, 1:30 PM
It passed due to their solid plans for a new ground

Nempton
30/03/2005, 1:48 PM
Well we finally own our own ground, thats a good start for obtaining the club licence ;)

corkharps
30/03/2005, 2:18 PM
Most obvious things would be infrastructure so has any club actually made upgrades this season?

Since visited Ballybofey for first time been wonder how passed Premier licence infrastructure requirement...

There is little point in spending money in upgrading Finn Park 1 when we are about to build Finn Park 2.Not that hard to understand really! :rolleyes:

corkharps
30/03/2005, 2:26 PM
Well we finally own our own ground, thats a good start for obtaining the club licence ;)

Things seem to be moving for Limerick at last. Buying out the ground and getting 1800 people to their first home game against Monaghan!If ye get things right on the pitch it could be interesting times ahead!BTW When does Dolan start? :p

dortie
30/03/2005, 8:56 PM

Your not the only person 'wondering', if that can pass so can the Daisy field in Derry.

Longfordian
30/03/2005, 9:34 PM
Plans seem to have been be acceptable for infrastructure for this year's Premier Licence, should Harps get into Europe they'll have to switch no doubt, to Derry I suppose.

De Town
30/03/2005, 10:06 PM
Plans seem to have been be acceptable for infrastructure for this year's Premier Licence, should Harps get into Europe they'll have to switch no doubt, to Derry I suppose.
Like that would ever happen ;) :D

A face
30/03/2005, 10:42 PM
Look at this .... the boys are in really fast to have a dig but have totally avoided the question atop of the thread.

The Brandy ..... The Flansiro ..... Whats the scéal lads ??

De Town
30/03/2005, 10:46 PM
The Flansiro .....??
Well, AFAIK, we didnt really have to do much to Flansiro to get the licence, it was mainly "behind the scenes" sorta stuff. The real man in the know is Longfordian though ;) :D

Longfordian
30/03/2005, 10:49 PM
We made all the necessary upgrades last July before the UEFA match..spent over €300,000 on the ground for that game which didnt come easy let me tell ya. Had to screde (sp) all the concrete around two sides of the ground meaning all the seats had to be taken out and put in again, build and kit out a drug testing room and medical room,construct a disabled bay and a control tower. The car park is being resurfaced this week. So to sum up, quite a bit was done on infrastructure.

A face
30/03/2005, 11:01 PM
The car park is being resurfaced this week.

So the lads will be able to park outside the ground tomorrow !! :)

Why didn't ye get the license first time round though ?? What was missing ?
Anyone know the full story for City lads, what were we missing ? I heard it was photocopied docs held it all up in the end but what else was done. Just realised we never actually found out

Longfordian
30/03/2005, 11:04 PM
There was a delay getting a tax clearance cert but it got sorted with a bit of work behind the scenes.

BobtheDrog
30/03/2005, 11:32 PM
It passed due to their solid plans for a new ground

same with drogheda

De Town
30/03/2005, 11:39 PM
same with drogheda
Is it true your new ground is going to be in Co. Meath :confused:

corkharps
31/03/2005, 8:17 AM
I think we would rather play in Ibrox with razorblades as boots! :eek: Anyway it won't be a problem for a while! :(

corkharps
31/03/2005, 8:21 AM
Your not the only person 'wondering', if that can pass so can the Daisy field in Derry.

I thought it did pass???

pete
31/03/2005, 9:03 AM
I wasn't having a dig at Harps at all. I do accept that Harps have probably the most solid of new ground proposals in the league.

Don't know much about Drogs new stadium plans but doesn't sound very concrete ;)

Limericks new ground plans sound like just an aspiration.

Does anyone know what extra requirement for Uefa licence over Premier one are?

OneRedArmy
31/03/2005, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know what extra requirement for Uefa licence over Premier one are?

Last seasons Premier license was also a UEFA license. This requirements for this years Premier License have been relaxed due to so many clubs struggling to achieve the requirements last season, creating the new "higher" category of UEFA license.

The detailed requirements are in the licensing manual infrastructure section, I'm sure someone will post a link to it.

Interestingly someone on another thread posted that there is a new requirement that you can't sell your old ground until the new one is two thirds complete. Has anyone any idea who or where this came from? If this is true it would require clubs to secure pretty substantial bridging loans to fund construction before the old ground is sold. This is the model Harps and Shels are working on.

BobtheDrog
31/03/2005, 12:16 PM
Is it true your new ground is going to be in Co. Meath :confused:

yup Co. Meath on the south side of drogheda just outside the town,and plans are very much concrete

harpskid
31/03/2005, 12:20 PM
Download the manual HERE (http://www.fai.ie/2005clubmanual.doc)

Longfordian
31/03/2005, 12:22 PM
I heard there's a retail development being built along with it ,the project will cost over €30m and the Council are buying your old ground to turn it into a car park for the hospital, is that correct?

Drogman.
31/03/2005, 12:39 PM
yup Co. Meath on the south side of drogheda just outside the town,and plans are very much concrete

Ah now Bob, in all fairness, the plans are about as concrete as my soft roll with egg mayo (Lovely so it is ;) )

dortie
31/03/2005, 6:02 PM
I thought it did pass???

Your obviously out of touch with Derry geography, been away that long have ya ?

BobtheDrog
31/03/2005, 9:37 PM
Ah now Bob, in all fairness, the plans are about as concrete as my soft roll with egg mayo (Lovely so it is ;) )

i know but i want to be able to believe the board about something :p

Cosmo
01/04/2005, 1:45 PM
Incorrect anyway bobthedrog - latest site they're looking at is on the north side :rolleyes: !!

BobtheDrog
01/04/2005, 5:16 PM
drunken little git :mad:

Mr A
02/04/2005, 1:15 AM
Actually there is a bit of work being done to Finn Park, most of which should be in place for the Derry game in two weeks all things being equal. The stand and the side opposite will be properly surfaced and the river end closed off. Various other bits and bobs will be done as well to meet health and safety requirement until the move.

monkey magic
07/04/2005, 5:55 PM

really? seems theres very little known bout it. is there any sketches/material available online regarding it??n id love to have a look...

Mr_T
08/04/2005, 7:47 AM
Short Term Improvement Works at Finn Park

Finn Harps FC are continuing with a programme of short term improvement
works at Finn Park this week with the commencement of concreting works to
the viewing slope under the shed. Despite plans for a move to Stranorlar
the club also had to agree with the FAI a programme of works to improve
Health and Safety standards at the existing ground where the club will play
for at least another 2 seasons. The Dept of Sport have confirmed to the
club that these works will be grant aided and a work programme has been
agreed.

The relocation of the club shop and offices, commissioning of the Chestnut
Road entrance as the main entrance to the ground and the closing off of the
River End embankment were part of this programme aimed at ensuring high
standards of safety for all patrons at our matches. This will continue
with the provision of basic concrete terracing along the main stand side of
the ground to eliminate the loose surface and make the area safer and more
comfortable for spectators. This measure is one of the main changes which
will be noticeable at Finn Park over the coming months which will also
include provision of fire safety equipment, improved toilet facilities,
emergency lighting and a number of other minor improvements. The concrete
terracing will be completed for the visit of Derry City to Finn Park on
April 16th.

These works are necessary temporary works to achieve basic health and
safety standards in order for the FAI Licensing body to allow continued use
of the Finn Park venue until such time as a move to a new stadium is
achieved.

Éanna
08/04/2005, 11:17 AM
viewing slope
:D Is that official UEFA terminology? A viewing slope ;)

pete
08/04/2005, 12:34 PM
:D Is that official UEFA terminology? A viewing slope ;)

Classic :D

If Harps are doing this new work now during the season i still don't understand how could get a Premier licence let alone a 1st division licence this year.

OneRedArmy
08/04/2005, 1:12 PM
Classic :D

If Harps are doing this new work now during the season i still don't understand how could get a Premier licence let alone a 1st division licence this year.

See my question to Bob Breen in the interview thread. I'm not victimising Harps as I've no axe to grind with them but these are basic health and safety issues.

I suspect the issue was fudged as they knew it may not be an issue for the first few games when the ground wasn't full, but next week's local derby is likely to be a sell out or close to it, therefore required remedial safety work.

This still doesn't address the fact that the slope on the gantry side is so shallow its almost impossible to see the game.