PDA

View Full Version : Things you'll only hear at Lansdowne

pete
30/03/2005, 10:26 AM
Always interesting listening to people who probably at first live sports event...

"...jeez this is great can really see the formations..."

No.1 Clown: "The lights are deadly aren't they..."
No.2 Clown: "Yeah kinda hazey..."

"Could do with replay for that..."

15 minutes into 2nd half.... "Is that Miller there..."

"Be Deadly is Keano comes on..."

"Gotta check out a rugby game next year...have to be a 6 Nations, not any old friendly..."

"I'm definitely gonna organise trip to Old Trafford next season...gotta be european night..."

No.1 Clown: "I hope McGready comes on"
No.2 Clown: "Whose McGready"
No.1 Clown: "Hes supposed to be deadly winger, 15 year old...well 19-20..."

First half of "Go on Duffer.." was too much & moved far enough away in 2nd half so didn't have to hear.

Watch out for those lads too as they off to World Cup in Germany too. Could understand if they were 12 but probably 18-22 :eek:

eirebhoy
30/03/2005, 11:08 AM
Good question. :confused: :p

pete
30/03/2005, 11:46 AM
Good question. :confused: :p

OK i'll give them that one.

Proof if needed that sporting events are just an entertainment option.

At least the FAI got a few quid off them anyway.

noby
30/03/2005, 11:56 AM
I don't know if it's exclusive to Lansdowne
Try going to the upper-upper-upper teir of Old Trafford for instance, and you'll hear a lot of the same stuff

fosterdollar
30/03/2005, 12:26 PM
God, I love the fallout from the international series and everyone trying to prove they are the longest-serving, best fan. :rolleyes:

noby
30/03/2005, 1:19 PM
noby i think you have proved his point on that one!!! you yourself that is!!

How do you mean??
His point was about comments heard at Lansdowne. all I said was they're not exclusive to Lansdowne.
Are you jumping to stereotypical cunclusions because I mentioned OT? :rolleyes:

pete
30/03/2005, 1:21 PM
I never said those people should not be at Lansdowne, just thought was funny to listen to running commentary.

Gotta admit that floodlight comment was worthy of ten or twelve year old.

Junior
30/03/2005, 2:44 PM
the bit that gets on my tits about LR these days is that too many fans think they know how you should behave, what you should and should not wear, what you should and should not comment on, whether you do or do not know anything about tactics of the game.

C*cks the lot of them

More grannies knitting and first timers I say!!

Colm55
30/03/2005, 3:48 PM
Always interesting listening to people who probably at first live sports event...

"...jeez this is great can really see the formations..."

No.1 Clown: "The lights are deadly aren't they..."
No.2 Clown: "Yeah kinda hazey..."

"Could do with replay for that..."

15 minutes into 2nd half.... "Is that Miller there..."

"Be Deadly is Keano comes on..."

"Gotta check out a rugby game next year...have to be a 6 Nations, not any old friendly..."

"I'm definitely gonna organise trip to Old Trafford next season...gotta be european night..."

No.1 Clown: "I hope McGready comes on"
No.1 Clown: "Hes supposed to be deadly winger, 15 year old...well 19-20..."

First half of "Go on Duffer.." was too much & moved far enough away in 2nd half so didn't have to hear.

Watch out for those lads too as they off to World Cup in Germany too. Could understand if they were 12 but probably 18-22 :eek:

To add on here, I heard this last night

'Go on, Robbie, Go on, go on yeh boy yeh .......... BRING THE F**KIN' BALL WITH' YEH, YEH F**KIN CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Made me laugh ..

stojkovic
30/03/2005, 4:04 PM
Remember we played Brasil recently and Ronaldo was doing his party tricks, step overs et al, and some of the crowd were going 'ooh' and 'aah'. I roared "fcuking hit him" and Kavanagh (I think) lashed him out of it.
The 'real' fans roared their approval. Only jokin.

Who are we there to support, Ireland or Brasil ?

These are the same c#nts who cheered for mini-Ronaldo when we played Portugal.

Eire06
30/03/2005, 4:08 PM
Are we the ones in Green? :D

stojkovic
30/03/2005, 4:26 PM
Are we the ones in Green? :D
Are you referring to our game v Mexico in 1994 ?
When the mexicans scored (wearing green) some silly cow in the pub jumped up and screamed YES.

She got her coat.

Eire06
30/03/2005, 4:33 PM
Are you referring to our game v Mexico in 1994 ?
When the mexicans scored (wearing green) some silly cow in the pub jumped up and screamed YES.

She got her coat.

NO I was just jokin but My neighbour went to Japan for the last world cup and brought his wife who was totally clueless..
they were playing Cameroon, when Cameroon scored she jumped up and shouted Yes, the whole crowd was deadly silent then just ****ed themselves laughing... :D ..

$Leon$
30/03/2005, 8:00 PM
speakin of the fans at the match last night see the group of chinese fans covering a large portion of the east terrace, just on the half way line, with their flag. they also insisted on holding up posters every so often to block the view of us behind them. totally ignorant to others around them on both counts.
good to see such a decent size crowd turn out.
prob the first international in landsdowne where the home fans travelled further than the away fans to b at the match.

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/03/2005, 8:14 PM
speakin of the fans at the match last night see the group of chinese fans covering a large portion of the east terrace, just on the half way line, with their flag. they also insisted on holding up posters every so often to block the view of us behind them. totally ignorant to others around them on both counts.
good to see such a decent size crowd turn out.
prob the first international in landsdowne where the home fans travelled further than the away fans to b at the match.

Why does that surprise you? The Chinese are renowned for being ignorant. They have taken over our hospitality industry, yet they are hardly the most hospitable race of people.

Good point about most of the Irish fans having to travel further than the Chinese, but this is not the first time. Back in May 2002, all the Nigerians arrived at Lansdowne from Little Africa on Parnell Street, while most Irish fans had further to travel.

Junior
30/03/2005, 8:50 PM
Jaysus. I remember these irish fans wearing leprachaun outfits, big hats, waving inflatable hammers....yes waving inflatable hammers could you believe it? I couldn't see a thing

fecking ignorant bunch, them paddies :rolleyes:

Colie
30/03/2005, 9:52 PM
Seriously, why do they go to the games then? It's not to support Ireland anyway. Maybe to have a rant. Some lad beside me last nite shoulted "O'Shea you lanky fckin donkey" & a load of people laughed. Thats just sick.

And what about us gettin high & mighty? Well I think if you try & get the croud going by singin & chantin you can be high & mighty. If you get the croud going it really lifts the team. Where do ye think the expression "The 12th man" comes from, coz it really makes a difference and I don't think many of the fans know or care about this.

I could be wrong. I suppose they're there to watch a match, not support a team...

Jon'o
30/03/2005, 10:05 PM
A classic from last year....

''I wonder what the england score is??''

''Dunno, if we leave now we will be able to catch the highlights on tv''

:rolleyes:

Cowboy
30/03/2005, 11:45 PM

'Go on, Robbie, Go on, go on yeh boy yeh .......... BRING THE F**KIN' BALL WITH' YEH, YEH F**KIN CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Made me laugh ..

Yeah sorry about that I just got a bit frustrated, did not call him a clown though so maybe somebody else made a similar comment. Where you in east upper?

Cowboy
30/03/2005, 11:48 PM

desperate behaviour, they'll be driving our buses next :)

TheJamaicanP.M.
31/03/2005, 8:55 AM

Made me laugh ..

Were you on the East Terrace? Some idiot near me on the East Terrace called Robbie a clown a few times. Doesn't he know that Robbie Keane is a god.

pete
31/03/2005, 9:05 AM
Were you on the East Terrace? Some idiot near me on the East Terrace called Robbie a clown a few times. Doesn't he know that Robbie Keane is a god.

Robbie does like to do a few tricks though. ;)

Dotsy
31/03/2005, 9:17 AM
There was a kid and his dad behind us. The kid was chanting right through the match. 10 minutes from the end he asked his da if they would get home in time to see the match on TV3. His da's answer "jaysus I hope not" Classic, it had everone in fits.