PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I call for the head of Brian Kerr

Pages : [1] 2

McGeady10
29/03/2005, 9:37 PM
The man is an embarssment to Ireland.

Stood at the side of the park tonight with his blue *spits* (you make me sick Kerr) tie making ridiculous substitutions.

What did Roy Keane learn from tonight? What did we learn about Roy Keane? What did Gary Doherty learn from tonight? What did we learn about Gary Doherty? Why bring on a Man Utd sub? I could go on and on.

Aiden McGeady should retire from international football till this balding buffoon is sacked

Kerr Must Go! :mad:

carnstien
29/03/2005, 9:40 PM
OK, Kerr isn't perfect but calling for his head at this stage is an absolute joke. If he doesn't qualify for the WC I would say that it is time for him to call it a day, given the incredible talent he has to work with.

One thing is for sure though, he's a hell of a lot better than what he was replacing.

McGeady10
29/03/2005, 9:41 PM
Get him out before he ruins this for everybody! Get in a man with a pair of balls and a brain rather than a bag of ****e between his ears :mad:

Colie
29/03/2005, 9:50 PM
Get him out before he ruins this for everybody! Get in a man with a pair of balls and a brain rather than a bag of ****e between his ears :mad:

You're a joke man.

And you've really made me laugh. :D

thejollyrodger
29/03/2005, 10:09 PM
This thread is a complete pile of pish

The players didnt perform in Israel,

We dont have world class players,

We dont have a proper soccer league,

We dont have proper training facilites, coaches, an proper FA,

The list is endless...

I wouldnt blame Kerr, but maybe Reid should have played. Hardly the end of his managerial carreer.

Mc Geady is too young, he needs to go through the underage setup. Robbie was rushed and look how fustrating he turned out.

IsMiseSean
29/03/2005, 10:15 PM
It's a bit early to call for his head, but he has made some poor decisions lately. I'll wait until after the WCQ before I judge him, this is his first full campaign.

brine3
29/03/2005, 10:17 PM
Mc Geady is too young, he needs to go through the underage setup. Robbie was rushed and look how fustrating he turned out.

Good point. Robbie was rushed onto the scene when he was too young and looked how he turned out. And Connolly too... Duffer on the other hand didn't break through to the first team untill he was a bit older.

Jon'o
29/03/2005, 10:20 PM
Give the lad a chance, first qualification that he is in full charge of, no more it wasnt my team for not getting to euro 2004, although if he had managed it the moaners would be in hiding.

FFS when the draw was made most people said that top spot was france's and then groaned when they saw switzerland, we have as good a chance as any of the other 3 teams.

By the way if people got their way and Kerr did walk or get the boot, who would you replace him with who would do a better job??

Cop your selfs on we still have five games left!!!!!

Troy.McClure
29/03/2005, 10:21 PM
In fairness McGeady hasnt done much for Ireland and is only still breaking through in the SPL :rolleyes: . I thought Miller did well when he came on and offered more than Zizu or Kavanagh did in the centre. Keane was the sort of player that was needed to come in and get us on track and its no harm for the younger players to have experience playing with him and learn a thing or two.

dancinpants
29/03/2005, 10:25 PM
The man is an embarssment to Ireland.

Stood at the side of the park tonight with his blue *spits* (you make me sick Kerr) tie making ridiculous substitutions.

What did Roy Keane learn from tonight? What did we learn about Roy Keane? What did Gary Doherty learn from tonight? What did we learn about Gary Doherty? Why bring on a Man Utd sub? I could go on and on.

Aiden McGeady should retire from international football till this balding buffoon is sacked

Kerr Must Go! :mad:

Why are people even replying to that load of w@nk?

Jon'o
29/03/2005, 10:26 PM
Why are people even replying to that load of w@nk?

Because why should they get away with out being shown the error of their ways... kids eh? ;)

gustavo
29/03/2005, 10:38 PM
Good point. Robbie was rushed onto the scene when he was too young and looked how he turned out.
]
what our top all time goalscorer at the age of 23 and one of our all time great strikers already ?
yeah what a waste :rolleyes:

thejollyrodger
29/03/2005, 10:40 PM
Im not going to go into a Robbie Keane discussion but Robbie could have been a great player. having a goal scoring record of 24 is nothing to shout about internationally. Ask anyone how fustrating Robbie can be.

dancinpants
29/03/2005, 10:47 PM
http://soccer-europe.com/Data/Rankings/Top50Goalscorers.html

Thought it was interesting more than anything. Look for Keanes name near the bottom - not bad for 23-24 year old!!!

FarBeag
29/03/2005, 11:13 PM
Ya..They were bad again tonight but i think calling for Kerrs head at this stage is extreamly premature.The players have to take some responsibility as well and i do think that Macgeady should be given a chance to prove how good he is or not if that is the case.

4tothefloor
29/03/2005, 11:27 PM
Just because Kerr doesn't play McGeady, the McGeady\Celtic lovers are calling for his head :rolleyes: Steven Reid is more deserving of a place in the squad than McGeady is, yet you'd swear McGeady is the second coming. Look at Liam Miller and how over-rated and over-hyped he was\is after coming from Celtic? When McGeady starts playing well consistantly i'm sure he'll get his chance with us. However, Martin O'Neill doesn't even play him week-in week-out, so until that starts to happen, put a sock in it....

Poor Student
29/03/2005, 11:29 PM
Is it possible this chap is a **** take? He has only 5 posts since his December registration and they all pertain to very partisan Celtic/McGeady comments almost as if he meets up to the stereotyping of Celtic fans by many. I just can't take this guy as someone serious. :confused:

FarBeag
29/03/2005, 11:37 PM
Are you reading the same thread? I can only view one person calling for Kerr's head here and everyone else disagreeing with him Celtic/Mcgeady lovers and all.Give the boy a chance to prove himself and you can critisise him then if you dont like what you see.BTW he is not the only player that plays a bit part at club football on the Ireland team.

fitzknows
29/03/2005, 11:42 PM
The lads who started this discussion are a fair pack of w*****s. Sky Sports TV written all over them. Have found recently that the fun is going out of following the Irish National Team. Too many of these brainwashed know-all idiots attending their 4-5 quota of games a season around to enjoy the game.

Poor Student
30/03/2005, 12:20 AM
Are you reading the same thread? I can only view one person calling for Kerr's head here and everyone else disagreeing with him Celtic/Mcgeady lovers and all.Give the boy a chance to prove himself and you can critisise him then if you dont like what you see.BTW he is not the only player that plays a bit part at club football on the Ireland team.

Are you talking to me? I am not saying anything about the real McGeady, just saying something is fishy about this poster.

FarBeag
30/03/2005, 12:28 AM
No not your post,Fourtothefloors comments re Celtic/Macgeady lovers

AmenToThat
30/03/2005, 1:57 AM
Just because Kerr doesn't play McGeady, the McGeady\Celtic lovers are calling for his head :rolleyes: Steven Reid is more deserving of a place in the squad than McGeady is, yet you'd swear McGeady is the second coming. Look at Liam Miller and how over-rated and over-hyped he was\is after coming from Celtic? When McGeady starts playing well consistantly i'm sure he'll get his chance with us. However, Martin O'Neill doesn't even play him week-in week-out, so until that starts to happen, put a sock in it....

Your talking out of your arse!
Hes been playing regularly for Celtic for a year now including champions league experience this year.
Miller had even less experience with Celtic when everyone one here (including the LOI Jihadis) was calling for him to get his chance.

The reason Celtic fans are so worked up about this is because most of us who have been watching Celtic over the years think he is the best thing to come through the club since King Kenny!

btw Im not calling for Kerr's head I just think that he deserved his shot tonight.

Hibs4Ever
30/03/2005, 7:09 AM
He's right, Kerr must go

Forget the fact we're top of our world cup group unbeaten. That means NOTHING ;)

He didn't play the celtic player. How dare he!!! HE MUST GO :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Peadar
30/03/2005, 8:17 AM
maybe Reid should have played.

Reid showed last night that he's either uninterested or not ready for a full 90 minutes of International football.
Having been left out on Saturday, he had a point to prove last night but failed to do so.

Liam Miller was the only fringe player who impressed last night.
Maybury did ok and played the right ball for Morrisson when he scored.

Brian Kerr can't be blamed when the players just aren't up for it.

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 8:20 AM
Right let me clarify this post.

I was round the pub watching the game last night and probably had one or two too many.

Aiden McGeady is an awesome football player. He's played at a highest level of football in the Champions League giving a MOTM performance against AC Milan. He deserves to be in the Ireland squad!

Just because he plays in the SPL doesn't make him a bad player. Imagine the Swede's thought like that and never played Henrik Larsson who has scored in FOUR major Championships?

McGeady has more natural ability than anyone in the ROI squad including Damin Duff IMO. If you can't give him a chance at home to China when can you give him his break?

And as for Miller getting on ahead of him... Don't even get me started!

Kerr is far too cautious and cares more about results in meaningless friendlies than he does about the development of his players.

I can't wait to get a chance to boo him and Liam Miller when they comes to Celtic Park for the Jackie Mac's testimonial!

PS. I'm not a part timer and went to Amsterdam & Hampden to see the Bhoys in Green in action! :D

Hibs4Ever
30/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Right let me clarify this post.

I was round the pub watching the game last night and probably had one or two too many.

Aiden McGeady is an awesome football player. He's played at a highest level of football in the Champions League giving a MOTM performance against AC Milan. He deserves to be in the Ireland squad!

Just because he plays in the SPL doesn't make him a bad player. Imagine the Swede's thought like that and never played Henrik Larsson who has scored in FOUR major Championships?

McGeady has more natural ability than anyone in the ROI squad including Damin Duff IMO. If you can't give him a chance at home to China when can you give him his break?

And as for Miller getting on ahead of him... Don't even get me started!

Kerr is far too cautious and cares more about results in meaningless friendlies than he does about the development of his players.

I can't wait to get a chance to boo him and Liam Miller when they comes to Celtic Park for the Jackie Mac's testimonial!

PS. I'm not a part timer and went to Amsterdam & Hampden to see the Bhoys in Green in action! :D

Good man. You went to Amsterdam and Hampden

And now you're going to Glasgow to BOO your country

GOOD MAN

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 8:25 AM
Good man. You went to Amsterdam and Hampden

And now you're going to Glasgow to BOO your country

GOOD MAN

I'm not GOING to Glasgow. I stay there!

And I'm not booing my country I'm booing a couple of people I dislike.

ciaran76
30/03/2005, 8:27 AM
I think McGeady deserved his chance last night from what i have seen of him so far. But for Kerr to be sacked i reckon was just a hot headed reaction to not seeing McGeady play.

It could also be that maybe Martin O Neill had a word with Brian on not playing McGeady? ;) From what i have read ONeill doesn't want McGeady rushed into playing too many games this early in his career.

Donal81
30/03/2005, 8:30 AM
I'm not GOING to Glasgow. I stay there!

And I'm not booing my country I'm booing a couple of people I dislike.

You're booing those who represent your country's team for no good reason. If you dislike them that much, stay at home and watch Celtic DVDs.

Your posts are a disgrace, I must say.

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 8:33 AM
You're booing those who represent your country's team for no good reason. If you dislike them that much, stay at home and watch Celtic DVDs.

Your posts are a disgrace, I must say.

No good reason? How does Brian "I always had a soft spot for Rangers" Kerr and Liam "Judas" Miller sound?

And I'm not going back to an Ireland game as an Ireland supporter till Kerr is out. I'll be going to this match to support Jackie McNamara in my capacity as a Celtic supporter.

Reality Bites
30/03/2005, 8:34 AM
some e-mails are alittle knee-jerk here, but it was a very disappointing end to the Spring game for ROI teams, bringing on Roy Keane and Gary Doherty were poor decisions, lets face it everyone wanted to see McGeady get at least 45 minutes in a MEANINGLESS friendly,(when is kerr going to relise that friendlies don't haveplayed with such caution).
Back to an earlier thread i posted here, another meandering directionless game from the Irish particularly in the second half (a recurring trend), does Kerr but sedatives in the players tea at halftime???

Donal81
30/03/2005, 8:38 AM
No good reason? How does Brian "I always had a soft spot for Rangers" Kerr and Liam "Judas" Miller sound?

And I'm not going back to an Ireland game as an Ireland supporter till Kerr is out. I'll be going to this match to support Jackie McNamara in my capacity as a Celtic supporter.

You boo the Irish manager and an Irish player for Celtic reasons...Mate, you're not worth arguing with. I don't think too many here will beg you to attend another Ireland match.

stojkovic
30/03/2005, 9:40 AM
McGeady10 - you're an arse.

Lads, don't give him the time of day.

Let him fcuk off to the celtic forum and sing sectarian songs.

Hibs4Ever
30/03/2005, 9:43 AM

WELL SAID

F*CK OFF McGEADY10 :mad:

cullenswood
30/03/2005, 9:48 AM
Just ignore him, and hopefully he'll run away

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 9:50 AM

Rules of the board

- Attack the post NOT the poster...

Anyway what sectarian songs would they be?

Dawn_Run
30/03/2005, 10:02 AM
OK poster lets hear it - you want Kerr out obviously! So who, in your expert opinion would you suggest replace him??

And for the record I too believe it scandalous that McGeady didnt get at least an hour last night. I also have a soft spot for Celtic. But what this post is suggesting is insane. Its a real English press style attack on Kerr and the team. I dont like it.

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 10:34 AM
OK poster lets hear it - you want Kerr out obviously! So who, in your expert opinion would you suggest replace him??

And for the record I too believe it scandalous that McGeady didnt get at least an hour last night. I also have a soft spot for Celtic. But what this post is suggesting is insane. Its a real English press style attack on Kerr and the team. I dont like it.

I suggest we offer the job on a part time basis to Martin O'Neill. Should he reject I'd give it to Packie Bonner.

Hibs4Ever
30/03/2005, 10:38 AM
I suggest we offer the job on a part time basis to Martin O'Neill. Should he reject I'd give it to Packie Bonner.

:D :D :D :D

WE GOTTA IGNORE THIS GUY NOW

First he wants Kerr sacked because he didn't play a celtic player

NOW he thinks the celtic manager should be Ireland manager part time

GET OFF THIS WEBSITE

Donal81
30/03/2005, 10:40 AM
Out of respect for the forum, I won't verbally attack the poster. But I fear that he's taking the mick and doing that trolling thing.

It was the Packie Bonner suggestion that confirmed it for me. Even the big man himself would tell you to p*ss off!

Couldn't be bothered reading this thread anymore, McGeady10's posts are just idiotic, too much work to do for this rubbish...

Eire06
30/03/2005, 10:41 AM
I'm Calling for McGeady10's head on a plate

For spouting utter tripe and crap..
Needs a good smack to knock some sense into him...

2 month ban at least is called for...

Mods please shut this down ASAP

McGeady10
30/03/2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry you disagree but Martin O'Neill would be an excellent choice. I was quite tongue in cheek saying Packie. If not Martin O'Neill I would go for Aldridge. He was always able to get his Tranmere teams up for the Cup. Couldn't motivate them every week but got them up for the one off games. I think international management would suit him.

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/03/2005, 11:01 AM
I'm Calling for McGeady10's head on a plate

For spouting utter tripe and crap..
Needs a good smack to knock some sense into him...

2 month ban at least is called for...

Mods please shut this down ASAP

Good call Eire06. I think young McGeady is trying to wind us up...

eirebhoy
30/03/2005, 11:02 AM
http://soccer-europe.com/Data/Rankings/Top50Goalscorers.html

Thought it was interesting more than anything. Look for Keanes name near the bottom - not bad for 23-24 year old!!!
Thats very interesting. Keane is in the top 50 highest goals/game ratio in the world. Only 7 other U-24's on the list. :eek:

ciaran76
30/03/2005, 11:13 AM
Sorry you disagree but Martin O'Neill would be an excellent choice. I was quite tongue in cheek saying Packie. If not Martin O'Neill I would go for Aldridge. He was always able to get his Tranmere teams up for the Cup. Couldn't motivate them every week but got them up for the one off games. I think international management would suit him.

Know you have to be joking. :rolleyes:
Is this the same Aldridge that got turned down by Bohs too ?
Aldridge was a long ball merchent and his teams lplayed horrible football.
He also got Tranmere relegated or did he jump just before that happened ? :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
30/03/2005, 12:50 PM
^ he quit after our home defeat to Barnsley. We were 2-0 up, needed the points badly, but it went to 2-2 in the last few mins, he then took an executive decision to try and win the game, told players to get forward, but they hit us on the break and won 3-2. He quit after that and we went down mathmatically about a month later. To be fair to him he knew things were going astray before that, and offered to resign on many occasions (felt the squad needed massive changes) but each time our chairwoman (Lorraine Rodgers) persuaded him to stay. Money was a major factor, we looked like going out of business that year and wouldnt have been able to afford a new coach, so it would have just been Kevin Sheedy/Ray Mathais on their own. In the end the cup runs saved us financially (huge crowds for games vs Liverpool, Everton, Leeds (League Cup), Southampton etc in the 18 months before we went down) so if Aldo had kept us up but we hadnt had the cup runs we probably wouldnt exist as a club today. In terms of long ball, his hands were tied. Players like Komas could hit a decent pass, but the major factor was Wayne Allison. In terms of finances he was the only player we could afford, and after David Kelly retired he was the only experienced striker of any quality in the squad. Aldo had to play to Allison's strenghts, and so the long ball was often used.

I think he has decent potential as a national team manager. Aldo's weak point was his purchasing of players (almost all were on frees), Mickey Mellon for example was useless yet Aldo brought him. His strengths are motivating players, and knowledge of the opposition's weaknesses. His tactical awarness is ok but could probably do with more practice. I'd like to see him maybe have a role with the U-21s or as some sort of advisor with the youth teams... the FAI should bear in mind long term options and keep tabs on younger coaches, as 10 or so years down the line, who can say what the situation will be regarding national team manager ?

OwlsFan
30/03/2005, 12:57 PM
And now on a Celtic site the latest theory is that Kerr is a Rangers fan and that's why he won't play the teenager McGeady.

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php?tno=246&fid=122&sty=2&act=1&mid=2140759989

There is an arrogance about Celtic and Man U fans - once an Irish player plays for them it automatically follows in their eyes that they should play for the national team. I remember when Mick Mc was being lambasted by the Man U fans for not playing O'Shea same as is happening now with McGeady.

He'll play when Brian Kerr decides he's good and ready to play.

anto1208
30/03/2005, 1:02 PM
And now on a Celtic site the latest theory is that Kerr is a Rangers fan and that's why he won't play the teenager McGeady.

where do they come up with these theories mcGeady isnt good enough , he shouldnt get in the irish team for at least a year after he joins everton this summer

FarBeag
30/03/2005, 1:10 PM
I think the fact that Kerr is a Rangers supporter has little to do with it but there is something very suspicious there. What is wrong in giving this chap a good run in an irish shirt then we can all comment on how good or bad he is but for now we will just have to speculate on this and continue to have the same old posts why, when will Kerr play Macgeady and the anti Celtic outbursts because of it.

eirebhoy
30/03/2005, 1:12 PM
OwlsFan - Kerr has admitted to being a Rangers fan afaik but thats neither here nor there. That chap on the Celtic board is a paranoid so and so and the replies to the post show that its not a widespread thing among Celtic fans.

Anyway, McGeady should have started yesterday. No conspirency theories, just foolish by Brian not to start him as he won't get a start for at least another 8 months now.