PDA

View Full Version : U-21's

soccerhead
29/03/2005, 3:44 PM
Are there any new signings for the under 21's?

Can the college win retain the title?

Will there be much movement in terms of players before the start of another campaign?

pineapple stu
04/04/2005, 10:06 PM
Scholarship trials were on a few weeks before the start of the season, but I don't think we signed anyone. The likes of Hurley, Shortall and, I hope, Gannon and Byrne are going to be more involved in the first team, so there's a fe gaps to be filled. Still, the schoolboy trials are in May or June, wihch isn't long after the start of the U-21s' season, so hopefully we'll get a few new players then.

Can we retain the title? It'll be tough, but we should be looking to get to the semis at least. The progress in the team since the days when Doolin was manager and they actually had to scratch a match because they didn't have enough players has been massive. No-one bar Bray and Cork really came close to us, so if we can avoid them in the early stages of the knock-outs...

Aberdonian Stu
05/04/2005, 10:38 AM
I think retaining the title will be a lot harder than winning it because a lot of the best players we have will be more involved with the first team this season. I reckon the regional title is a realistic target and a quarter (obviously) or even semi berth is well within expectations, especially considering the firepower we still possess at that level up front. The bottom line is though whether Cork will be as strong or even stronger as they will be the team to beat.

pineapple stu
05/04/2005, 12:30 PM
You mean...you agree with me...exactly?!?! :eek: :p

Aberdonian Stu
05/04/2005, 4:20 PM
Well no, you failed to mention the fact that we'll still have plenty of fire power up front so it wasn't an exact agreement.

wildredrover
07/04/2005, 10:37 PM
just wonderin how john gaffney is doin for ye signed from sligo rovers a year or 2 ago after a good cup run when he scored against shelbourne in a thriller rovers one on a scholarship as far as i know

Schumi
08/04/2005, 11:42 AM
I have a feeling he's left but I'm not sure.

pineapple stu
08/04/2005, 9:03 PM
He's back with youz, isn't he? Scored against Arrow Harps in a friendly this season I think? He's left us anyway. I thought he was OK, but Mahon evidently didn't rate him (think he was signed by Doolin)

CollegeTillIDie
09/04/2005, 7:20 AM
First competitive game of the seasons at home to St.Pat's tomorrow morning ( SUnday) at Noon.