PDA

View Full Version : Richie Baker

aido_b
29/03/2005, 12:59 PM
Richie Bakers looked a much better player since he came back from America. I saw coverage of him last week actually going in a 50/50 ball! :D No seriously he looks in great form, is there a much stricter training regime over in America or something?

higgins
29/03/2005, 1:02 PM
Baker was always a good player... He might not have had his best season 2 years ago but it had a lot to do with fans getting on his back for the slightest reason.

By the end of his time with shels all most people seen were the bad things he done. He got no credit for anything and I think the move away was for the best. In my opinion he is playing the same as he ever has but Im sure he will have awful games in the future.

Martinho II
29/03/2005, 10:36 PM
i would say that longford town must have regrets about signing the wrong baker! :mad:

A face
29/03/2005, 10:45 PM
Richie "Tom Thumb" Baker .... Danny Murphy had him on his árse a few times last night ..... got up off the ground very gingerly the last few times i have to say.

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 10:52 PM
Baker does this, has one or two good games than lives off them for another month or two whilst playing like he did against Cork.

Longfordian
29/03/2005, 11:09 PM
Sounds like something a lot of people around here say about Dessie, he can be infuriating but also can produce real quality on his game

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 11:11 PM
Dessies even worse for that! Though on his day he's special, those days are becoming fewer and further between. I wasn't even remotely upset to see him go in the end, his injury really didn't help either.

Longfordian
29/03/2005, 11:24 PM
Seems to enjoy playing against Shels though. To be fair he was our top scorer last year he got about 14 but they seemed to come in bursts, as the nursery rhyme goes when he's good he's very very good but when he's bad he's horrid. If only you knew in advance..

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 11:26 PM
Some things never change! He and Myler could work well together though.

pete
29/03/2005, 11:34 PM
Was expecting him to be the dangerman on monday but very quiet even when Fenlon using hoofball tactics against very small fullback.

De Town
30/03/2005, 10:59 AM
i would say that longford town must have regrets about signing the wrong baker! :mad:
Took the words out of my mouth Marty :(

De Town
30/03/2005, 10:59 AM
Some things never change! He and Myler could work well together though.
I think Myler and Barrett would be a better combination.